Author Topic: LA Basketball show asks if Clippers should move on from Coach Rivers  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
three first round exits...questionable acquisitions of Lance and Josh Smith. Lisa Leslie answered the question with a call for patience.

What do yall say?

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think Coach Rivers is doing fine.

GM Rivers needs some help. I think the Clips could use a different POV for roster moves.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Cant really blame Doc for loosing CP3 and Blake to injuries in the first round. Lance and Smith pickups were good at the time.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
To be fair, it hasn't been all first round exits.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
For better or for worse, it's hard to fire anybody after all of those injuries.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
The Coach is fine.

Lisa Leslie nailed it.

Coach couldn't help the Owner-Lost season when the team was dealing with the racial issues...was that 2013-14?

Coach can't keep his team from unexplicably losing a big lead in 2014-15 playoffs...to HOU, right?

2015-16? Coach can't keep his All-Star PF from punching folks and getting himself injured. He also can't keep CP3 from being the aggressive, Future HOFer he is and telling him not to try for steals (which got him inured this time around, I believe.)

I simply don't believe that ANY of this is Doc's fault......

It could be debated about his team losing that big lead to HOU last year in the playoffs....but the same coach that willed BOS to victory in Game 4 2008 Finals vs Lakers is the same one who was on the bench for the Clips in that HOU game.

I don't want to call Doc Rivers snake-bitten but he's had an awful run of things happen to him...injuries robbed BOS of perhaps 1 banner, in 08-09. And after that season the window started closing steadily.

Does a different coach play CP3 less minutes? I thought that Doc sat CP3 several times this season already.....CP3's injury was just rotten happenstance.

CP3-DeAndre alone would've beaten POR...

And Blake? Did he try "too hard" in coming back from his injury? His game is dependent so much on explosiveness....did he try to explode too early?

I just can't blame any of this on Doc....even 2014-15.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Ballmer really needs to hire a new GM, but that doesn't mean firing Rivers as coach.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The Coach is fine.

Lisa Leslie nailed it.

Coach couldn't help the Owner-Lost season when the team was dealing with the racial issues...was that 2013-14?

Coach can't keep his team from unexplicably losing a big lead in 2014-15 playoffs...to HOU, right?

2015-16? Coach can't keep his All-Star PF from punching folks and getting himself injured. He also can't keep CP3 from being the aggressive, Future HOFer he is and telling him not to try for steals (which got him inured this time around, I believe.)

I simply don't believe that ANY of this is Doc's fault......

It could be debated about his team losing that big lead to HOU last year in the playoffs....but the same coach that willed BOS to victory in Game 4 2008 Finals vs Lakers is the same one who was on the bench for the Clips in that HOU game.

I don't want to call Doc Rivers snake-bitten but he's had an awful run of things happen to him...injuries robbed BOS of perhaps 1 banner, in 08-09. And after that season the window started closing steadily.

Does a different coach play CP3 less minutes? I thought that Doc sat CP3 several times this season already.....CP3's injury was just rotten happenstance.

CP3-DeAndre alone would've beaten POR...

And Blake? Did he try "too hard" in coming back from his injury? His game is dependent so much on explosiveness....did he try to explode too early?

I just can't blame any of this on Doc....even 2014-15.
Blaming this season on him seems ridiculous to me. However the word on Doc has been that he is not necessarily a great tactician but he is a top top notch personality manager/ motivator.

When you hire a guy like that you expect him to be able to better handle the racism disaster than anyone else. You expect him to keep the team mentally in a place where they don't inexplicably lose a big series lead.

I'm not sure I fire Doc. I don't think I do. I'm also not sure blame is the right word. It's not like LAC has been bad. However I think there's about 20 coaches who could've guided this team to the success they've had over the past few years.

That's not what you want when you trade a first rounder for a coach and sign him to a 10 million dollar deal making him the second highest paid coach in the league.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Did the team doctor and trainer mess up with Blake Griffin during the season? Who's at fault?

Published on Apr. 2, 2016
The Clippers will get All-Star power forward Blake Griffin back Sunday against the Wizards after he missed the last three months with a torn quadriceps muscle. But has the injury fully healed?

Apparently not.

"It just wasn't being allowed to heal," Griffin said, via ESPN. "So, the tear's still there. It's just about managing the pain and getting through this. ... It's not like a new tear or re-tearing my [quad] in different places. It wasn't allowing the initial injury to completely heal."

"I don't want to say misdiagnosed, but it wasn't doing the right things, I guess? We weren't addressing the initial problem — the main problem," Griffin said. "So, everything I was doing was putting more stress on my [quad]. A small tear became a three-month thing because I wasn't doing the right thing until we figured it out."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/4700624-blake-griffin-injury-update-returning-sunday-tear-in-quad-clippers

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
whoever signs him better conduct a thorough physical.