Author Topic: Griffin talks are dead . C's were interested Update: Doc says it's not happening  (Read 9688 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
That’s not to say there was no interest expressed in Griffin at this year’s trade deadline, especially with Griffin having taken a PR hit by hurting his hand during a fight at dinner with a team employee. There was hope that Griffin could be had on the cheap, but multiple sources said that, while the Clippers considered offers, they were certainly not going to be lowballed for Griffin.
– via Sporting News

There was, though, what one source termed as, “groundwork,” for potential Griffin deals that could be revisited in the coming weeks, either at the draft or in the wake of free agency. The Nuggets were among the teams connected with Griffin, but the Clippers’ asking price and the Denver ballpark offer were not even close. The Celtics and Bulls were among other teams that inquired about Griffin, but never got traction.
– via Sporting News

I have to assume Danny is still interested and was waiting to see where the brk pick lands before offering a legit deal for Blake . Would likely need a 3rd team involved .

Don't think he goes to Den cause he could walk in a few years .

Chi has a shot if they are offering Butler
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:53:40 PM by rondohondo »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
I'm not really a big fan of Griffin.

I think the most I would offer is Crowder and AB.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Getting Griffin would have to get Durant's attention, right?

The question around here, though, is who would we rather add: Griffin or Butler (same offer for each)? I am leaning toward Blake, myself - our front court would be so much more dynamic.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Getting Griffin would have to get Durant's attention, right?

The question around here, though, is who would we rather add: Griffin or Butler (same offer for each)? I am leaning toward Blake, myself - our front court would be so much more dynamic.

I actually think Butler would make us more versatile

You could play KD at PF for stretches which would be great in Stevens' offense . Crowder/AB( if still here) slips into the SG or SF spot off the bench, giving us 2 elite defenders with Butler and ab or Crowder .

Then we would just need a legit big man to add to them .

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Griffin is a very good player but I really think he is just a punk and don't want him on team.  I'd rather overpay for durant who is a good character player.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Griffin is a very good player but I really think he is just a punk and don't want him on team.  I'd rather overpay for durant who is a good character player.

It's not an either/or situation though, you can potentially get both .....

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas

I understand that.  Before the fight for griffin I still thought he was a punk who I didn't want in green.  Couldn't we instead sign durant and a big?

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Exactly. And Griffin added to the general nucleus of this roster would be a great lure for Durant.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Of course Ainge is interested, in the same way that I'm interested in Jennifer Lawrence or Natalie Portman circa 2000. These moves are all doubtful, though, unless we fleece ourselves of players and picks.

Sad reality, too, is that we won't be legitimate contender unless we do eventually land two superstar caliber players.

-Deb Downer
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Of course Ainge is interested, in the same way that I'm interested in Jennifer Lawrence or Natalie Portman circa 2000. These moves are all doubtful, though, unless we fleece ourselves of players and picks.

Sad reality, too, is that we won't be legitimate contender unless we do eventually land two superstar caliber players.

-Deb Downer

To be honest I'm interested in natalie Portman circa 2016
#JKJB

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas

-Deb Downer

To be honest I'm interested in natalie Portman circa 2016
Tp and big smile
Add Jen Lawrence 2016 as well

Offline gamehead36

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Imagine Horford and Griffin. That would be incredible.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think we have what Doc would want for Griffin, but if we could involve a third team a deal makes a lot more sense. Doc wants to win now, so he would need a star back in any deal. A three team deal with Boston, New York and the Clippers where we get Blake, the Clippers get Melo and New York gets picks.

I'd much rather have Blake than Butler. Blake fits a positional need a lot more than Butler (provided Blake is healthy).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I don't think we have what Doc would want for Griffin, but if we could involve a third team a deal makes a lot more sense. Doc wants to win now, so he would need a star back in any deal. A three team deal with Boston, New York and the Clippers where we get Blake, the Clippers get Melo and New York gets picks.

I'd much rather have Blake than Butler. Blake fits a positional need a lot more than Butler (provided Blake is healthy).

I don't think Melo makes much sense for the Clippers, unless they are getting other pieces too . Melo and CP3 are getting up in age , and would need to win in the next 3 years .

They would be in desperate need of a big man . Jordan doesn't cut it .

What would their cap look like , would they have enough to sign a contending level PF ?

Maybe they would do

LAC gets : Melo ,AB and KO

Paul
AB
Melo
KO
Jordan

NY gets : brk 16 and other picks

Build around Porzingis and brk 16

Bos gets Griffin

IT
Smart