Author Topic: Boston Globe: Potential FA Targets  (Read 7760 times)

Re: Boston Globe: Potential FA Targets
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 05:49:11 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Durant aside is it weird that I prefer the next tier guys? Adding players like Crawford, Teletovic or Bazemore to the rotation would be handy, especially if we manage to pull off a trade for a star that might leave some gaps

What this tells me is that we should swing for the fences with Durant. If we strike out, we should avoid giving a max to players just to make a "splash". Just because the cap is jumping this year and next year doesn't mean we can afford to be reckless. I'm dying for this team to make some serious moves, but we need to be patient even if that means sitting out of free agency. I know so many people are enamored with Horford but at his age he is not a max player.

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 05:50:09 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Batum is looking at near max money according to some. I like Bazemore. I think Barnes is only playing well because so much attention is given to his other teammates. Not sure I would give him $20 plus mil a year.

The nice thing about Batum is that we could get Butler by trading Crowder, then still fill our SF position via FA.  It would only really make sense if we got the 1st or 2nd pick, but I believe the math works out to:

Butler + Simmons/Ingram + Batum > Butler + Crowder - Top 2 pick.

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 06:08:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Durant aside is it weird that I prefer the next tier guys? Adding players like Crawford, Teletovic or Bazemore to the rotation would be handy, especially if we manage to pull off a trade for a star that might leave some gaps

I think the odds are long to add a Durant but he will use us to drive up his price.   We may have to do something like what you suggest.   It would help if we added another star, to help with clutch scoring.    I we could use some of these guys, CBS loves Bazemore.  He was the first guy he called during free agency.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234057/Kent-Bazemore-Receives-Personal-Call-From-Brad-Stevens-Interest-Elsewhere

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 06:43:14 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
gary washburn... knows A LOT 'bout the Celts. Always good to make up (POOYA?) random percentage chances based on nothing....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Reading this article for the second time... it's so poorly written it's shocking  :o

95% the author wrote it at breakfast while being late for work.

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Can add Chandler Parsons to the list as well.