Author Topic: Kevin Durant: Having a really good coach is probably most important thing.  (Read 7478 times)

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It sounds more like a message to OKC management, as in "What the hell were you guys thinking hiring a [dang] college coach when I'm trying to win a chip!"

Mike

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It sounds more like a message to OKC management, as in "What the hell were you guys thinking hiring a [dang] college coach when I'm trying to win a chip!"

Mike
Probably.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Mike

"I didn't want this college coach, I wanted that one in Boston!"
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

TP. That's what's up.

Does anyone know if there's a significance with the #42? I'd hate to see durant wear David Lee's number lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I know that the OKC-Spurs series is just starting, but KD is definitely not a happy camper after the game 1 blowout loss.

With each mounting loss - no matter how much he will try to control his emotions - he has got to be thinking about the summer.

KD "needs" to be competing against Lebron James again - in a 7 game series. The only way for him to do this realistically IMO is for him to be in Boston.

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
KD to boston realistic? Sure. But you guys know what the most likely outcome is right? we get teased all summer, it looks so close and then it doesn't happen. Writers need readers and writers know people want to read about KD to Boston.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996

TP. That's what's up.

Does anyone know if there's a significance with the #42? I'd hate to see durant wear David Lee's number lol

To be fair it used to be Tony Allen's number. But I don't mind Durant taking #20.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

TP. That's what's up.

To be fair it used to be Tony Allen's number. But I don't mind Durant taking #20.
Yeah I don't really mind either.

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
He wants to win a title now.

Stevens or no Stevens, this roster is never, ever winning a title. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

And adding a bunch of rookies doesn't meet Durant's criteria at all.

So if you really want this dude, you better hope Ainge can land the veteran or veterans that reshapes this roster into a contender - before Durant signs on.

Because if he doesn't, Durant is not coming to Boston.

Wow Coach Bo, what a big ball of crap and negativity you are. How about this, If Durant does sign here, worse case scenario is we get unlucky in the draft and add Buddy Hield.
 Now we are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA.

Best case scenario is we land Cousins, or Simmons/Ingram with a top two pick.

With Durant on board, players like Derozan and Whiteside would seriously consider the Celtics and either one of those players and either Hield, Murray, Poeltl would make us a top two team in the East probably #1.

What a Debbie downer you are.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
He wants to win a title now.

Stevens or no Stevens, this roster is never, ever winning a title. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

And adding a bunch of rookies doesn't meet Durant's criteria at all.

So if you really want this dude, you better hope Ainge can land the veteran or veterans that reshapes this roster into a contender - before Durant signs on.

Because if he doesn't, Durant is not coming to Boston.

Wow Coach Bo, what a big ball of crap and negativity you are. How about this, If Durant does sign here, worse case scenario is we get unlucky in the draft and add Buddy Hield.
 Now we are one of the best shooting teams in the NBA.

Best case scenario is we land Cousins, or Simmons/Ingram with a top two pick.

With Durant on board, players like Derozan and Whiteside would seriously consider the Celtics and either one of those players and either Hield, Murray, Poeltl would make us a top two team in the East probably #1.

What a Debbie downer you are.

He's so negative. Glad I'm not the only one who sees this. Have we ever made a move or done anything that has pleased you , Coach?

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

Mike

"I didn't want this college coach, I wanted that one in Boston!"

Fred Hoiberg also would have been a much, much better hire.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I think we have enough to appeal Durant given our cap space and plethora of picks to make a deal for another superstar.

Even without making any moves, Durant automatically makes this team a 55-60 win team who quite possibly gets by Cleveland and gets to the Finals. That's already more than any team out West can promise.

Then we factor in that the C's could add another two stars around Durant through free agency and via the draft or trading of picks, and you have quite a package. And quite frankly, while it may take another year, it shouldn't be hard to pitch another star or two to join a 55-60 win team with Stevens and Durant leading the way.

I also think the Boston situation is appealing to Durant because this will definitely be "his team," built around him. He's not dumb and can see how some view LeBron who couldn't get it done in Cleveland, went to Wade's team (which had already won a title), and now is back in Cleveland where it looks like he won't get it done anytime soon. So I think Durant will be very wary about joining an established contender where it will look like he's just riding the coat-tails of other stars to his first ring.

(And as a note, I don't necessarily think that the above assessment is true of LeBron, but there's certainly a contingent of people under that impression.)

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think we have enough to appeal Durant given our cap space and plethora of picks to make a deal for another superstar.

Even without making any moves, Durant automatically makes this team a 55-60 win team who quite possibly gets by Cleveland and gets to the Finals. That's already more than any team out West can promise.

Then we factor in that the C's could add another two stars around Durant through free agency and via the draft or trading of picks, and you have quite a package. And quite frankly, while it may take another year, it shouldn't be hard to pitch another star or two to join a 55-60 win team with Stevens and Durant leading the way.

I also think the Boston situation is appealing to Durant because this will definitely be "his team," built around him. He's not dumb and can see how some view LeBron who couldn't get it done in Cleveland, went to Wade's team (which had already won a title), and now is back in Cleveland where it looks like he won't get it done anytime soon. So I think Durant will be very wary about joining an established contender where it will look like he's just riding the coat-tails of other stars to his first ring.

(And as a note, I don't necessarily think that the above assessment is true of LeBron, but there's certainly a contingent of people under that impression.)
Yea, Lebron was easily easily the best player on those heat teams. I remember when we played them, I was so worried about Lebron, I would be surprised when Wade or Bosh dropped like 30 points and then Id remember oh yeah these guys are stars too.

However that certainly was the perception.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Yea, Lebron was easily easily the best player on those heat teams. I remember when we played them, I was so worried about Lebron, I would be surprised when Wade or Bosh dropped like 30 points and then Id remember oh yeah these guys are stars too.

However that certainly was the perception.

Absolutely, and the fact that there is even a debate will haunt his legacy forever if he never wins a title in Cleveland.