Author Topic: Kevin Durant: Having a really good coach is probably most important thing.  (Read 7435 times)

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Not to stir the pot any more than it already seems to be but when Kevin Durant says that the most important part of a healthy organization is it's coach, and we are nationally known as having arguably our best asett as our coach, think this warrants some discussion. I mean what's next, we find out his favorite foods are clam chowder and baked beans?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/241745/Kevin-Durant-Having-A-Really-Good-Coach-Probably-Most-Important-Thing-In-NBA

Kevin Durant spoke highly of Gregg Popovich hours before the start of the Western Conference Semifinals.

Durant will be a free agent in the offseason.

“No matter how many moving parts they have on the team, he always stays consistent with what he does,” Durant said.

“Having a coach, a really good coach is probably the most important thing in this league. Because you can have all the great players you want, but if you have someone to orchestrate it, that’s what they have. They’ve got great players, but they also have a great coach to put them in positions that utilizes all their strengths as individuals and make it come together as a team.”

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Hey Kevin! Brad is the next big thing.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The Thunder are getting completely torched right now by the Spurs. It's embarrassing to be honest.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
When did he say this? I mean, between this and everything else that has connected him to Boston, how much smoke do we have to see before we admit that there's fire??

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well, Dallas has  the second best coach in the league, so ....  ;)

Brad is well regarded around the league, guys, but there are a number of coaches Durant could be talking about here.

Spo, Clifford, Bud, Stotts, Carlisle ... etc.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I love hearing this. I think Durant is a legitimate possibility.

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
He wants to win a title now.

Stevens or no Stevens, this roster is never, ever winning a title. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

And adding a bunch of rookies doesn't meet Durant's criteria at all.

So if you really want this dude, you better hope Ainge can land the veteran or veterans that reshapes this roster into a contender - before Durant signs on.

Because if he doesn't, Durant is not coming to Boston.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Brad is well regarded around the league, guys, but there are a number of coaches Durant could be talking about here.

I don't think anyone thinks he was specifically talking about Stevens, but it seems that every day there's something else connecting Durant to the C's or making him an even better fit with us.

I don't see the Dallas appeal, though. Dirk is two years from retirement, there's questions about Parsons future, and there's major injury health concerns with many on that roster. We're far and away in a much better basketball position than Dallas right now and I'm the future.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
saw a lot of talk about him going to the Spurs---But how long is Pop gonna be coaching there--?...He really needs to come East to get to the Finals---and not ride the GS or SA coat tails.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

I don't think anyone thinks he was specifically talking about Stevens, but it seems that every day there's something else connecting Durant to the C's or making him an even better fit with us.

I don't see the Dallas appeal, though. Dirk is two years from retirement, there's questions about Parsons future, and there's major injury health concerns with many on that roster. We're far and away in a much better basketball position than Dallas right now and I'm the future.

Not to mention Durant just called Cuban an IDIOT on National TV
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
My pitch to Durant: Celtics are in the best position to win both now and in the future. Durant can come here and spend the rest of his career here. The core of the team will be younger than him. We'll have a constant stream of cost-controlled talent, ownership that will pay the luxery tax to retain that talent, and of course, the coach.

Whether this year or next, it just makes sense.

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He wants to win a title now.

Stevens or no Stevens, this roster is never, ever winning a title. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

And adding a bunch of rookies doesn't meet Durant's criteria at all.

So if you really want this dude, you better hope Ainge can land the veteran or veterans that reshapes this roster into a contender - before Durant signs on.

Because if he doesn't, Durant is not coming to Boston.

Well the hope is we can get a butler or someone like that maybe on draft night.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm declaring this as Durant's theme song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x-64CaD8GXw
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 11:45:26 PM by knuckleballer »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Hope you consider the East, but don't consider Scott Brooks a "really good coach".

Tyronn Lue ain't a good coach either, but we all know it's Coach LeBron pulling the strings anyway.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
This bodes well for us...as does tonight's outcome. GO SPURS!!!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers