Author Topic: Here's hoping the Thunder don't win the championship  (Read 3254 times)

Re: Here's hoping the Thunder don't win the championship
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2016, 09:53:36 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
It's going to be fun, as an old coach, to watch Pop absolutely destroy Billy Donovan.

There won't be anything left of Donovan but bones after the series.

Yea donovan is absolutely terrible. This serious should show Durant that he isn't getting a ring with the current mindset of that organization and the makeup of the top of the west. The leap between 1-2 seed and 3 is freaking huge. This is so surprising because the Thunder hace 2 of the top 5/6 players in the league. Their coaching is so bad that they can't make it work.
#JKJB

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 09:59:57 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
weird game.  Durant and Westbrook were terrible and Aldridge basically couldn't miss.  Don't expect either of those to continue.

They're putting Leonard on WB and it's killing the Thunder, they are just packing the paint and forcing Durant to beat them by jumpshooting.

It's pretty similar to what ATL did to us and IT-except we don't have anyone like Durant to bail us out.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 10:56:22 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
weird game.  Durant and Westbrook were terrible and Aldridge basically couldn't miss.  Don't expect either of those to continue.

They're putting Leonard on WB and it's killing the Thunder, they are just packing the paint and forcing Durant to beat them by jumpshooting.

It's pretty similar to what ATL did to us and IT-except we don't have anyone like Durant to bail us out.

Yeah, they're trying to make everyone but KD + RWB beat them. OKC does somewhat have the weapons (especially Adams and Ibaka) to hurt them, but not enough to keep up with the Spurs if Leonard + Aldridge are trucking. Thunder offense wasn't good that game but it was their transition defense that made it a blow out. And that's on Donovan for failing to establish a defensive philosophy.

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 11:04:07 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff
Another positive of that victory: aldridge played 29 minutes and kawhi only needed 21 mins.......

They ran train on the thunder, AND for all intensive purposes got to give their best players some rest. It's kind of crazy to think that the team who blows out the other team by 30 still gets to have fresh legs for the next game.

PS- does anyone know if kawhi happened to pull or sprain his hamstring on that first dunk of the game? I know he grabbed it for a split second. I haven't heard anything about it, but just curious.
#JKJB

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2016, 01:31:04 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Another positive of that victory: aldridge played 29 minutes and kawhi only needed 21 mins.......

They ran train on the thunder, AND for all intensive purposes got to give their best players some rest. It's kind of crazy to think that the team who blows out the other team by 30 still gets to have fresh legs for the next game.

PS- does anyone know if kawhi happened to pull or sprain his hamstring on that first dunk of the game? I know he grabbed it for a split second. I haven't heard anything about it, but just curious.

He was still beast mode the rest of the game. I doubt it's anything but if anyone else has heard anything..
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Ibaka cannot defend Aldridge 1-on-1.

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 02:05:39 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

He was still beast mode the rest of the game. I doubt it's anything but if anyone else has heard anything..

Lol yea he did about as much as humanely possible in his 21 minutes.
#JKJB

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 03:54:10 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
It's going to be fun, as an old coach, to watch Pop absolutely destroy Billy Donovan.

Yea donovan is absolutely terrible. This serious should show Durant that he isn't getting a ring with the current mindset of that organization and the makeup of the top of the west. The leap between 1-2 seed and 3 is freaking huge. This is so surprising because the Thunder hace 2 of the top 5/6 players in the league. Their coaching is so bad that they can't make it work.
If the Thunder get embarassed by the Spurs I think there is a whif of '10 Cleveland for OKC, when Lebron finally gave up on that franchise for being so incopmpetent for so long. But Durant isn't going to leave Westbrook unless there's a very attractive situation out there.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 04:09:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

If the Thunder get embarassed by the Spurs I think there is a whif of '10 Cleveland for OKC, when Lebron finally gave up on that franchise for being so incopmpetent for so long. But Durant isn't going to leave Westbrook unless there's a very attractive situation out there.

Is it true that Durant and Westbrook are really close, or is it just assumed because they are both superstars who have played their entire careers together? Their games don't seem to mesh together well at all and they certainly don't have the defense to contend with the upper-echelon teams (GSW, SAS, CLE).

Adding Durant and another all-star (like Butler) would make our team much more balanced than OKC.

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Is it true that Durant and Westbrook are really close, or is it just assumed because they are both superstars who have played their entire careers together? Their games don't seem to mesh together well at all and they certainly don't have the defense to contend with the upper-echelon teams (GSW, SAS, CLE).

Adding Durant and another all-star (like Butler) would make our team much more balanced than OKC.

After what Mark Cuban said about Westbrook not being a superstar or whatever, they asked Westbrook what he thought about it. Before Westbrook could say anything, Durant immediately jumped in, said, "hold on, lemme handle this". Then proceeded to bash Cuban. I think the fact that he just stepped in for the guy and stuck up for Westbrook says a lot. True they're teammates and they have to have each other back, but when I watched that press conference, I saw two true friends.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:31 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

Lol yea he did about as much as humanely possible in his 21 minutes.

If that was what he looks like when he's injured...