Author Topic: Would you trade IT + 3-5 pick for Jimmy Butler ?  (Read 13888 times)

Re: Would you trade IT + 3-5 pick for Jimmy Butler ?
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Lots of stress here between different folks trying to wrangle which of the three:  Isaiah, Jae or Avery we should be willing to give up to get Butler.  Lots of legitimate arguments about upsetting chemistry and whether subtraction outweighed addition.

What if Chicago wants Smart?

Given that they would be trading away their star SG and the questionable long term future of Rose, seems to me they'd want as much 'back court potential' in a rebuild.  I can see them wanting Smart and Rozier (a player they coveted in the draft) in addition to the BKN pick  (plus filler, as needed from both ends).

Is that a "No" for folks?
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2016, 01:28:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
"A league source tells CSNNE.com that the Bulls, while still open to listening to offers for Butler, are telling teams that are inquiring about his availability that their plan for now is to keep him in the fold.

And while there was some thought that a top-3 pick coupled with a few decent players might be enough to entice the Bulls to pull the trigger on a deal to trade Butler, CSNNE.com has been told such an offer would have to include at least one 'legitimate, NBA starter' for the Bulls to even possibly consider trading him.

'And that might be a stretch,' the source indicated.

Any deal involving Butler to Boston from Chicago’s perspective, would most likely have to include Jae Crowder who is one of the best bargains in the NBA – and will be so for years to come."

So no Butler?! And if Butler...gotta include a top 3 pick plus Crowder right.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2016, 01:43:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
"A league source tells CSNNE.com that the Bulls, while still open to listening to offers for Butler, are telling teams that are inquiring about his availability that their plan for now is to keep him in the fold.

And while there was some thought that a top-3 pick coupled with a few decent players might be enough to entice the Bulls to pull the trigger on a deal to trade Butler, CSNNE.com has been told such an offer would have to include at least one 'legitimate, NBA starter' for the Bulls to even possibly consider trading him.

Any deal involving Butler to Boston from Chicago’s perspective, would most likely have to include Jae Crowder who is one of the best bargains in the NBA – and will be so for years to come."

I like Crowder, but would have no problem including him in that trade. We can find another Crowder in draft.  Guy with Butler's production much harder to find.

« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 01:45:34 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
So here is my Bulls trade:

To Boston:  Rose ($21.3M), Butler ($16.4M)
To Chicago: Thomas ($6.7M), Bradley ($8.3M), Amir ($12.0M), Jerebko ($5.0M), BKN 2016 Pick

The idea is that the Bulls clear their slate with Noah expiring and Rose included in the package.  They give up their star (Butler) but get back enough to assemble a decent team and also get some valuable pick or picks.  If they waive Amir Johnson (non-guaranteed contract), they end up saving about $19M which I think would allow them to make a run at top FAs this off season.

For us, we take Rose back who probably isn't in anyone's long term plan but with our current young players and draft picks, we have enough to put a team around Butler over the next few years.

Having Rose on the payroll would eliminate any chance at a big time FA this off season but he expires and we can shop more in earnest the following off season.  And if by some miracle, Rose returns to form, great, we have an MVP caliber PG to try and resign.

« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2016, 01:47:37 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

To Chicago: Thomas ($6.7M), Bradley ($8.3M), Amir ($12.0M), Jerebko ($5.0M), BKN 2016 Pick

The idea is that the Bulls clear their slate with Noah expiring and Rose included in the package.  They give up their star (Butler) but get back enough to assemble a decent team and also get some valuable pick or picks.  If they waive Amir Johnson (non-guaranteed contract), they end up saving about $19M which I think would allow them to make a run at top FAs this off season.

For us, we take Rose back who probably isn't in anyone's long term plan but with our current young players and draft picks, we have enough to put a team around Butler over the next few years.

Having Rose on the payroll would eliminate any chance at a big time FA this off season but he expires and we can shop more in earnest the following off season.  And if by some miracle, Rose returns to form, great, we have an MVP caliber PG to try and resign.

It's an idea, but I personally would not be willing to take on Rose -- especially at the cost of IT -- to land Butler.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2016, 01:51:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I love Butler, but he's not a primary ball handler, and it's absolutely essential to have a really good ball handler in today's league. The Celts should hold onto Thomas unless the guy coming back the other way is a player that requires the ball in his hands to succeed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2016, 01:57:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

It's an idea, but I personally would not be willing to take on Rose -- especially at the cost of IT -- to land Butler.

Agreed -- D-Rose is too much. He was absolutely terrible this past season. To lose IT, Bradley and Amir on top of the Brooklyn pick and have to take D-Rose back is too high a cost for getting Jimmy Butler.

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2016, 02:00:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I love Butler, but he's not a primary ball handler, and it's absolutely essential to have a really good ball handler in today's league. The Celts should hold onto Thomas unless the guy coming back the other way is a player that requires the ball in his hands to succeed.
There are lots of good PGs around the league. Isaiah is replaceable.

Conley and Teague are both FAs this summer. Either one of those guys would be fantastic alternatives at PG especially in combination with Jimmy Butler on the wing.

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2016, 02:51:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Crowder + the pick for Butler could be a set back.

If that was all we offered, you'd lose a pick that could develop into a better player than Butler... and you'd be taking on 10 mil more in additional salary which would kill our chances to sign two max contracts... and you'd be losing arguably our best two-way player.  You could include Bradley in the deal to fix that, but then the deal just gets even worse.

Forget about Butler unless Durant demands it in our free agent meeting. 

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
No

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Bradley is NOT a PG.  If we move a player in a Butler trade it's probably AB plus the #3 pick, plus sweetners. 

« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2016, 09:14:08 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Lol why does this keep coming up?

The answer is a resounding

NO!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about