Author Topic: Celtics draft workouts thread  (Read 144638 times)

Re: Celtics draft workouts thread
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2016, 08:34:43 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Hey guys. I finished the new doc which has the guys who stayed in the draft, as well as their ranks by Chad Ford. Here it is: https://goo.gl/5Ci35t it'll also be in my sig and I'll update the first post.

Special thanks to CFAN38 and Eddie20 too!

Man, that came out awesome! Fantastic job!

Multiple TP's!!!

« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2016, 02:34:35 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Hey guys. I finished the new doc which has the guys who stayed in the draft, as well as their ranks by Chad Ford. Here it is: https://goo.gl/5Ci35t it'll also be in my sig and I'll update the first post.

Special thanks to CFAN38 and Eddie20 too!

Man, that came out awesome! Fantastic job!

Multiple TP's!!!

Thanks man, right back at ya!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2017, 02:47:42 AM »

Offline tomrod

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 26
 ::)

« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2018, 10:43:56 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
As draft week commences, former Cincinnati star Jacob Evans will have workouts with The Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors, League sources tell The Salt Lake Tribune. For Evans, it will be his second workout for both franchises.

« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
As draft week commences, former Cincinnati star Jacob Evans will have workouts with The Boston Celtics and Golden State Warriors, League sources tell The Salt Lake Tribune. For Evans, it will be his second workout for both franchises.
Right. And Bruce brown of Miami was invited back as well. Brown is supposedly a very good defender but was injured so his stock dropped some.

Both look interesting.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2018, 09:02:45 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Boy was he way off on Bender!

Windler, Davis,Clemons,and Lecque rumored to be coming in for 2nd workouts
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
The Celtics bringing a prospect in for a second workout is likely the strongest indication we as fans will receive that a team likes a player. Last draft season the Cs brought wings Jacob Evans and Bruce Brown, neither player was drafted by the Cs but this was likely caused by Time Lords surprise drop out of the lottery.
This draft we already have two players rumored to be coming in for second workouts Dylan Windler and Terence Davis.

Windler is a 6’8 wing out of Belmont who I have been really high on since his conference tournament. At the combine he measured just under 6’8 in shoes, with a 6’10 wingspan, at 196lbs. To compare Windler’s combine numbers to a couple of other wings. (all heights are without shoes)

Windler
Height 6’6.25”
Weight 196lbs
BF% 4.6%
Reach 8’8.5”
WS 6’10”
Lane agility 10.7sec
Max Vert 37.5”

Middleton
Height 6’6.75”
Weight 216lbs
BF% 7.8%
Reach 8’7”
WS 6’10.75” 
Lane agility 11.45sec
Max Vert 31”

Huerter
Height 6’6.25”
Weight 194lbs
BF% 8.6%
Reach 8’5.5”
WS 6’7.5”” 
Lane agility 10.89sec
Max Vert 38”

I also found it interesting that draft media talks up Reddish’s impressive size, yet he was only .25” taller, with a 1” reach advantage and a 2.5” longer reach then Windler.
On the court Windler’s go to NBA skill is going to be his shot. As a senior he averaged 7.1 3PA @ 43% as the focus of his team’s offense. He also shot 85% on 4 attempts at the FT line. By comparison Klay Thompsons’ averages in college where 7 3PA @ 40% and 5.5FTA @ 84%and JJ Redicks where 9 3PA @ 42% and 7FTA @ 86% . It is also worth noting that rebounding is one of the most transferable stats from college to the NBA and Windler averaged 10.8 boards per game. I’m not saying he will be a monster on the boards in the NBA but he should prove to be a better than average wing rebounder.

As a pro I think Windler will be NBA ready as a rookie. He will be best suited coming off the bench defending other teams bench wings and on offense providing high end 3PT shooting. 

Terence Davis
is the other prospect the Celtics are rumored to be bringing in for a second workout. Most mock drafts have him as a late first round pick. With the buzz of multiple late 1st teams looking at Davis I would not be surprised if he is a riser in this draft. As a senior at old miss he averaged 15pt 6rb 3.5ast and 1.6stl.
His natural position appears to be at the wing but he could also be a candidate to convert to the PG. I have heard his playing style compared to Will Barton. At the combine he measured,

Davis
Height 6’3”
Weight 192lbs
BF% 4.1%
Reach 8’5”
WS 6’8.75” 
Lane agility 10.69sec
Max Vert 34”
Bench 13 reps

Jordan Crawford
Height 6’3”
Weight 198lbs
BF% 4.9%
Reach 8’5”
WS 6’7” 
Lane agility 11.03sec
Max Vert 34.5”
Bench 7

His measurements are pretty standard for a combo guard/small wing though they posted better verticals Oladipo is only .35” taller and .5” longer ws and Beal was .25 taller with a .75” shorter WS.

Watching a little of him online and reading his scouting reports he looks to have a very good/elite first step and a strong frame despite being under 200lbs. I can see him developing into a solid bench combo guard with defensive versatility from the 1-3. I do fear the Cs will reach for him in the 1st as he is a much better fit as a 2nd round pick who spends the year in Maine learning to play the point
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 09:20:27 AM by CFAN38 »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Windler and Davis rumored to be coming in for 2nd workouts
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2019, 01:24:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Windler sounds intriguing.  Any player who gets comped to Bojan Bogdanovic and Joe Ingles is going to excite me, just because I really like both of those players.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2019, 02:11:43 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Windler looks interesting from the highlights. Love that old fashioned style jump shot. Seems to have a quick release. He had an interesting Eastern Regional: 5 points against Temple and 35 against Maryland. I like guys who can shoot already and don't come with "fixable" shots. If you draft enough of these kind of guys, one of them might turn out to be special. Having said that, I hope that we're drafting for another team.

« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2019, 02:47:31 PM »

Offline philr13

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 22
The Celtics bringing a prospect in for a second workout is likely the strongest indication we as fans will receive that a team likes a player. Last draft season the Cs brought wings Jacob Evans and Bruce Brown, neither player was drafted by the Cs but this was likely caused by Time Lords surprise drop out of the lottery.

I remember the Celtics brought Bobby Portis in for a second workout, then passed on him in the draft. I'm not sure the second invite is indicative of much. In the past there have been players who asked for a second workout if they were disappointed in their performance at the first.

« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2019, 03:54:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I just want consistent guys that can make jump shots. They play team ball and work hard. I also would like for the Celtics to actually give them minutes. Wasted Williams on the bench this season.

Davis is uber athletic and shoots well from outside.

« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2019, 03:56:08 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

I remember the Celtics brought Bobby Portis in for a second workout, then passed on him in the draft. I'm not sure the second invite is indicative of much. In the past there have been players who asked for a second workout if they were disappointed in their performance at the first.

Its funny you mentioned this. It was difficult to actually research past players who have worked out for the Cs in the past. I know multiple media sources deemed it a good indication and in the past it has worked out. After making this post I remembered that Smart had his first workout, it went terrible and then came back for a redemption workout. I didn't have time / want to go back and edit the original post
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Its funny you mentioned this. It was difficult to actually research past players who have worked out for the Cs in the past. I know multiple media sources deemed it a good indication and in the past it has worked out. After making this post I remembered that Smart had his first workout, it went terrible and then came back for a redemption workout. I didn't have time / want to go back and edit the original post

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Randle refuse to come in for a second workout with The Celtics?

« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2019, 06:11:40 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Windler sounds intriguing.  Any player who gets comped to Bojan Bogdanovic and Joe Ingles is going to excite me, just because I really like both of those players.

He does. And he's possibly available with the #20 or #22 pick. I doubt that even if we do trade for Davis that we would be giving up all our 3 first rounders of this draft.

« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2019, 06:18:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

He does. And he's possibly available with the #20 or #22 pick. I doubt that even if we do trade for Davis that we would be giving up all our 3 first rounders of this draft.

The Pels would already be adding at least 3 players in the trade plus the 1st pick, 2 second round picks and probably our 14th pick. that's 7 new players with only one going out.