Author Topic: The NBA its stupid  (Read 2547 times)

Re: The NBA its stupid
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I'm kinda not sure what the op is complaining about between the topic and the original post.

i'll say this Ainge is or has done the best thing you could do coming off the contending yrs. as far as making us flexible to improve in a number of ways.

also fans get way too caught up in Dynasties and also forget that those happen because of luck.

we should be concerned with winning 1 and if a dynasty happens then great. 

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Yes it's rare.  It's difficult to do. But it's special for that reason.  Most dynasties are built that way.

Sentimental drivel?  No.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 10:32:45 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
We are doing an awful lot to just end up trading all our hard work for players around the league and a chance at beating lebron is what I'm saying. If I were ainge I would still take a chance in the lottery.  There are ways he can do both and really build on what we have as well.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 10:37:40 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
If Ainge trades all our assets and hard work for players around the league I will be disapointed.  We can make moves and sign players outright through free agency,  but people are crazy wanting to trade for some of these guys at the prices that are being asked.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
It's hard to argue with the OP. Pretty much all the NBA dynasties of the past 50 years have had drafted players at their core (Russel, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, and potentially Curry).

That said, those same teams landed foundational players through free agency. The Lakers aren't winning their three-peat without signing Shaq, and Rodman helped fuel the Bull's second championship three-peat (1995 - 1998)

I think there's a consensus on this board that if the Cs land the No 1. or No 2 pick, they should take their chances with drafting a potential franchise player. But talent-wise, this year's draft is very shallow, so anything outside the Top 3 should probably be traded for a proven star that can carry this team.