Author Topic: Would you be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs next year?  (Read 1214 times)

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
This offseason looks to be like a big one and i see many threads hoping/expecting us to land a big name like Jimmy Butler, Durant, etc.. But what if the opposite happens? What if we end up with the #5 pick, and some near-playoff team (Chicago? Milwaukee? Utah?) beats the odds and wins the lottery. If they offered us the #1 or #2 for IT, AB and Crowder in an effort to win now, would you do it?

We'll be gutting our current core (which feels like maybe a major piece away from contending) and would likely miss the playoffs next year but I guess we'll be more set for the future with Smart, Simmons/Ingram and #5 pick? I dunno.
- LilRip

Re: Would you be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs next year?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 12:33:11 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
No need to trade for the #1 when you win it anyway
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:34:26 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Yes

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 12:34:41 AM »

Offline green2k16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
absolutely

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 06:42:37 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
This offseason looks to be like a big one and i see many threads hoping/expecting us to land a big name like Jimmy Butler, Durant, etc.. But what if the opposite happens? What if we end up with the #5 pick, and some near-playoff team (Chicago? Milwaukee? Utah?) beats the odds and wins the lottery. If they offered us the #1 or #2 for IT, AB and Crowder in an effort to win now, would you do it?

We'll be gutting our current core (which feels like maybe a major piece away from contending) and would likely miss the playoffs next year but I guess we'll be more set for the future with Smart, Simmons/Ingram and #5 pick? I dunno.

Nah

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 07:28:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Nah

Agree ....once a Celtic always a Celtic

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 07:31:02 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Don't worry about it.  NO WAY this team doesn't make the playoffs next year.  If we don't add anyone we will improve.  We are going to add a GAZILLION draft picks and some free agents.

We could make a jump to ecf contender (or better) or be a tough out in playoffs.  Look at other teams and how they fare, improve, stay the same or fall behind.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 07:39:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
To answer the OP's question, yes. If Ainge turns all of these assetts and solid role players into a team that misses the playoffs next season I'll be incredbily disappointed.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 07:39:29 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I absolutely hate this idea. Why blow it up when we're way closer to contending than we are to bottoming out?
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler