Author Topic: Max: I do not want Cousins on the C's  (Read 2898 times)

Re: Max: I do not want Cousins on the C's
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 09:38:58 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't blame him. I have mixed feelings about Cousins too.

Wonderful talent but extremely annoying & frustrating personality on the court. Not an easy person to root for at times. Or even just to watch. He too regularly fills you with disgust with the way he conducts himself on the court. Not sure I really want to have him here. To watch Cousins for 82games + playoffs. Year after year. All that nonsense that comes with him. Ugh ...

Maybe winning 55 or so games (depending what other moves are made) and getting past the first round will ease your pain?

To me, some of this with Cousins reminds me of Ben Simmons, were people are so worried about their narrative that they don't pay attention to the production.  They act like the guy is walking around on the court and not trying but they are putting up huge numbers.  I just think it's silly.  I don't love his demeanor either all the time but he's always competing and you can use that on a good team.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 09:43:13 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Wonderful talent but extremely annoying & frustrating personality on the court. Not an easy person to root for at times. Or even just to watch. He too regularly fills you with disgust with the way he conducts himself on the court. Not sure I really want to have him here. To watch Cousins for 82games + playoffs. Year after year. All that nonsense that comes with him. Ugh ...

Maybe winning 55 or so games (depending what other moves are made) and getting past the first round will ease your pain?

To me, some of this with Cousins reminds me of Ben Simmons, were people are so worried about their narrative that they don't pay attention to the production.  They act like the guy is walking around on the court and not trying but they are putting up huge numbers.  I just think it's silly.  I don't love his demeanor either all the time but he's always competing and you can use that on a good team.

Even while winning players like Cousins can be extremely frustrating to follow.

I think it comes down the regularity of his outbursts / antics. Which probably happen too often for me to enjoy watching Cousins play here [despite his incredible talent = MVP caliber player].

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 09:45:50 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'd rather listen to a guy like max who actually won championships and was part of those teams than a guy like Felger who looks like he got beat up too many times on the playground and seemed to enjoy it.  Or even worse spouts off stuff like the hawks are soft as we are getting our butts handed to us by them.

I honestly fear for the celtics once some of these all time greats die off.  The lines of thinking are too infused with media gossip and ways of thinking that have no experience behind them. Max isn't the end all be all but respect is good.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 09:47:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would still be behind trading for Cousins. He is too big of a talent to pass up.

But I think there is a strong chance I'd regret having him here within a year or so. His nonsense would just be too much for me to put up with and I'd gradually watch the team less and less until Cousins is gone.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 09:48:58 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

I think it comes down the regularity of his outbursts / antics. Which probably happen too often for me to enjoy watching Cousins play here [despite his incredible talent = MVP caliber player].

I really think it's competitive in nature so I think it would tone down.  Playing with guys like Smart, Crowder, and Avery would be great for him.   I would expect occasional techs and that kind of thing.  To me he is Rasheed Wallace like in that way.

Also, lets talk about IT in this regard... haha.  Check the link.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/fouls/sort/technicalFouls/seasontype/2
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 09:55:54 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

I really think it's competitive in nature so I think it would tone down.  Playing with guys like Smart, Crowder, and Avery would be great for him.   I would expect occasional techs and that kind of thing.  To me he is Rasheed Wallace like in that way.

Also, lets talk about IT in this regard... haha.  Check the link.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/fouls/sort/technicalFouls/seasontype/2

IT is second? wow

I also expected RR to be higher on the list.

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I cant watch the video now but watching the games and knowing how connected members of the direct media (Tommy, Gorman, Max, Scal) I tend to think this ship has sailed for the Celtics. Gorman and now Max have publicly spoken out against the idea of trading for Cousins this has to be coming with some background info that DA is not trying to trade for him. Neither would create that potentially awkward situation if they didn't have that reassurance.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 10:00:08 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
I get that Cousins puts up great stats and is very talented, but if he is so great, you'd think that he would have led his team to the playoffs at least once.  Not only have the Kings never reached the playoffs during his tenure, but this season is the first they've even won more than 30 games (33)!

A truly great player should lead his team to more wins, and at least a playoff appearance or two.  I've heard the argument that "well, Pierce, Ray, and KG never won anything until they came together."  Actually, they all made multiple playoff appearances and all three led their teams to the Conference Finals.

I know Cousins hasn't had the best supporting cast, but something ain't right when supposedly one of the best players in the league hasn't once tasted the playoffs in his six years in the league.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 10:33:17 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
I get that Cousins puts up great stats and is very talented, but if he is so great, you'd think that he would have led his team to the playoffs at least once.  Not only have the Kings never reached the playoffs during his tenure, but this season is the first they've even won more than 30 games (33)!

A truly great player should lead his team to more wins, and at least a playoff appearance or two.  I've heard the argument that "well, Pierce, Ray, and KG never won anything until they came together."  Actually, they all made multiple playoff appearances and all three led their teams to the Conference Finals.

I know Cousins hasn't had the best supporting cast, but something ain't right when supposedly one of the best players in the league hasn't once tasted the playoffs in his six years in the league.

I'd put it in these terms. He's been an all star for two years, once for the Malone/Corbin upheaval and once for the team quitting on Karl. Need to see him with stability

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
We could always trade him if it didn't work out. It's not like he would get smaller here and there is no real reason to think he wouldn't be the same if not better from a change of scenery. Heck I'd pull the trigger on just about any move that made us better now. Just bring in 2 or 3 stars, hope it works out and if it doesn't start shopping them for other stars.