Author Topic: What would it take to get Jimmy Butler? What would you be willing to give up?  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Would people do picks 16, 23, 31 and Nets 2018. As well as Rozier, AB and AJ for just Butler?
This is pretty close to what I was advocating for above, so yeah. I'd actually love a deal like that.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Would people do picks 16, 23, 31 and Nets 2018. As well as Rozier, AB and AJ for just Butler?
This is pretty close to what I was advocating for above, so yeah. I'd actually love a deal like that.

chi is not taking a pick 2 years for now , I mean they will take it if they get it along with Smart and/or brk 16, but they are not taking that pick as the main piece to the trade .

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Bradley, the Brooklyn pick 3-6, Celtics pick, Mavs pick.

Mike

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

chi is not taking a pick 2 years for now , I mean they will take it if they get it along with Smart and/or brk 16, but they are not taking that pick as the main piece to the trade .
Chicago can't draft ten players in the same year. They'd want some pieces for the future. And I'd be just as willing to give up the Celtics pick in '17 (with swap rights with Brooklyn) instead of Brooklyn's '18 pick.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Chicago can't draft ten players in the same year. They'd want some pieces for the future. And I'd be just as willing to give up the Celtics pick in '17 (with swap rights with Brooklyn) instead of Brooklyn's '18 pick.

The '17 draft is stacked.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think Chicago will ask for the following:

Picks:
2016 Nets
2016 Mavs
2018 Nets

Players:
Crowder
Mickey
Amir (for salary match)

Danny Ainge then hangs up the phone and does not call back.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If the rumors are to believed, it'll probably cost all our picks this year and Crowder.  I've consistently seen media suggest that any deal we attempt to make for a star, the other team is going to want Crowder in the deal.  Maybe Bradley as well. 

Crowder + Bradley + the Brooklyn 1st would be the type of overpay I'd expect to see.  I wouldn't be comfortable doing it unless it guaranteed us a Durant signing. 

I'd rather just hang onto the assets otherwise.  He's not a franchise player.  Some people see him as a future superstar.   I don't see it.  Bulls apparently don't either.

I completely agree.

And since the thread is about what I would give up:  2016 Nets, 2016 Mavs, Amir, and all our rookies.

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
I find it surprising if this guy is truly available...

True. It doesn't seem likely.

I think we should keep in mind that we have to trump the best offers out there.

"Best" meaning:  what Chicago needs. Because trading Butler means they're blowing it up, so they'd need draft picks or young players.

Would you trade Smart, Crowder , and the 3rd pick for Butler and McDermott? Ooh we'd have to add Amir to match dough right? Eek.
 Would either team do this deal? Am I overrating Butler?

No, won't have to match salaries unless they're over the cap. And no, I wouldn't do this deal. Better to offer more picks than give up either of those guys. The Celtics are now in the phase of building a contending team, not just acquiring talent. They should try to keep their best players - this seldom happens, of course, but Boston's asset collection is unusual; they could likely trade for a top player using only draft picks and non-core players, and then sign another in free agency.

Crowder had a breakthrough season and makes a substantial contribution on both sides of the ball. Young Marcus had a rough start what with the injuries, but the team has to be delighted by his progress. He's a potential stopper at three positions (they had him on Millsap some of the time!), has great instincts and anticipation, and began to show some success at a penetrate-and-dish game, including in the playoffs. He's got the poise and lower body to take contact and finish in the paint.

Imagine Crowder/Butler/Smart on the same team. Tough, physical, quick, young.

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I find it surprising if this guy is truly available but if so what do you guys think it would take from us? I think we should keep in mind that we have to trump the best offers out there. It's so hard for me to think what I'd be willing to give up because of attachment to players. Im personally really attached to IT and think he can be the third star on a contender so ideally I'd like to keep him.
  Please don't bash if my ideas are crazy lol. I'm taking into account we have to beat some really good offers.
  Would you trade Smart, Crowder , and the 3rd pick for Butler and McDermott? Ooh we'd have to add Amir to match dough right? Eek.
 Would either team do this deal? Am I overrating Butler?

Yikes, that's a lot. I would hate to give away both Smart and Crowder and Amir; that's our defensive identity right there. Then you add the #3 pick? No thanks. I would do a package of AB, Rozier, RJ, Young, #3, #22, and #31. Lots of assets, but you keep most of what made this team good this year.

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i guess crowder + smart + mavs and boston 2016 1st round pick

It's hard to decide what players to trade because we dont know the bulls interest in any of our players
also crowder's value has gone down from injury and rough playoffs and last games of the season

the trade will most likely need to include a guard as we would have too many to share playing time

from my trade butler replaces crowder at SF with rozier replacing smart at PG

for bulls = crowder could play SF or SG, with smart as backup to derrick rose

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
i guess crowder + smart + 2016 nets pick

It's hard to decide what players to trade because we dont know the bulls interest in any of our players
also crowder's value has gone down from injury and rough playoffs and last games of the season

the trade will most likely need to include a guard as we would have too many to share playing time

from my trade butler replaces crowder at SF with rozier replacing smart at PG

for bulls = crowder could play SF or SG, with smart as backup to derrick rose

That's an overpay, in my opinion. I suggested something like the 2016 Brooklyn pick, Crowder, and Rozier (along with a couple of our other young guys for salary purposes), because they coveted Rozier apparently in the draft.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Bradley+
BRK pick (#3 or worse)+
Celtics pick+
Olynyk
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
How about fair and similar to history?
Despite PP, KG wouldn't consider the C's.
Despite IT, KD wouldn't consider C's.

Therefore C's traded Wally, West and the 5th pick for Ray Allen, an older top 5 Sg at the time. KG jumps on board

Therefore C's should trade AJ, Rozier, C's 1st, and the Nets non top 2 pick for Jimmy Butler, a young top 5 SG. KD jumps on board.

C's got vets House, Posey and PJ to jump on board as well.
C's may get vets Stat and Al to jump on board.

Trade up for impact rookies. 16, 31 and 58 for Lab pf/C. 35, 45 and 51 for Stone.

IT/Smart
Butler/AB/Hunter
KD/Crowder/Young
KO/JJ/Lab/Mikey
Stat/Al/Stone

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11

Therefore C's traded Wally, West and the 5th pick for Ray Allen, an older top 5 Sg at the time. KG jumps on board

Therefore C's should trade AJ, Rozier, C's 1st, and the Nets non top 2 pick for Jimmy Butler, a young top 5 SG. KD jumps on board.

Trade up for impact rookies. 16, 31 and 58 for Lab pf/C. 35, 45 and 51 for Stone.

IT/Smart
Butler/AB/Hunter
KD/Crowder/Young
KO/JJ/Lab/Mikey
Stat/Al/Stone
KG wasn't a free agent dude.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

IT/Smart
Butler/AB/Hunter
KD/Crowder/Young
KO/JJ/Lab/Mikey
Stat/Al/Stone
KG wasn't a free agent dude.

Waiving a no-trade clause to come here should bear similar weight to a player joining a team in free agency.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about