Author Topic: What would it take to get Jimmy Butler? What would you be willing to give up?  (Read 7694 times)

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I find it surprising if this guy is truly available but if so what do you guys think it would take from us? I think we should keep in mind that we have to trump the best offers out there. It's so hard for me to think what I'd be willing to give up because of attachment to players. Im personally really attached to IT and think he can be the third star on a contender so ideally I'd like to keep him.
  Please don't bash if my ideas are crazy lol. I'm taking into account we have to beat some really good offers.
  Would you trade Smart, Crowder , and the 3rd pick for Butler and McDermott? Ooh we'd have to add Amir to match dough right? Eek.
 Would either team do this deal? Am I overrating Butler?

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Overpay. However, I really like the idea of getting McDermott too. But it would require unnecessary costs I think.

I really think a deal should center around crowder and the nets pick. Really hesitant to add anything else of great value. Maybe an Olynyk or a Terry. But not smart or Avery.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
I'm thinking with that deal ( if Chicago would do it) we could start
Thomas, butler, crowder and obviously hope to lure Durant . Big man? I haven't a clue. Lol

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
Yeah, and maybe that scenRio I brought up hinges too much on getting Durant only.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Sully , Zeller , KO and AB

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If the rumors are to believed, it'll probably cost all our picks this year and Crowder.  I've consistently seen media suggest that any deal we attempt to make for a star, the other team is going to want Crowder in the deal.  Maybe Bradley as well. 

Crowder + Bradley + the Brooklyn 1st would be the type of overpay I'd expect to see.  I wouldn't be comfortable doing it unless it guaranteed us a Durant signing. 

I'd rather just hang onto the assets otherwise.  He's not a franchise player.  Some people see him as a future superstar.   I don't see it.  Bulls apparently don't either.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think I would do Bradley, KO, Amir, the Brooklyn pick and another pick. I'd rather not give up Smart, Thomas or Crowder.

I'm not sure what it would take, I bet the Bulls asking price is going to be enormous.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:30:19 PM by Evantime34 »
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
If the pick is #3 then:
#3 pick+
Celtics pick+
Bradley+
Hunter

They probably ask for Rozier instead of Hunter.

I don't think Ainge gives up Crowder or Smart.
Bradley is expendable because Jimmy plays the SG.

Don't think Chicago will even be hell bent on Bradley or Crowder- they're going to be concentrating on a fresh start around picks+really young guys.
They may be hell bent on Smart but i wouldn't give up Smart+Brooklyn pick for Crowder unless Durant was guaranteed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 08:30:39 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 736
If the pick is top 2, I'd really want to keep it and grow a star from home. If it's outside the top 2 I'd throw that in a deal for Butler.

I wrote in another thread I'd try to get him with #16, #23, #31, next year's Brooklyn pick, a handful of future second rounders, Avery, and any combination of the youngsters they want (Young, Rozier, Hunter, Mickey). A lot of folks seem to think that's not going to be enough for Chicago and you might be right. But is there another team out there that can offer better than 3 firsts, an army of seconds, and a bunch of prospects? Just the Sixers could offer something better, I think.

Anyway, that would be my dream. Keep this Brooklyn pick and cash in most of the future assetts for Butler.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Would people do picks 16, 23, 31 and Nets 2018. As well as Rozier, AB and AJ for just Butler?

That is close to 4 first round picks. The one in 2018 could be gold. And all the players being dealt are already good role players.

Heard some talk from a few chicago fans (co-workers that still travel to Chicago)  that they want a Winslow level amount of picks if they can't get the Nets 2016 + those exact players. So this is where I got the idea.

Side note why are Bulls fans not feeling Butler any more? Do they just want to rebuild?

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
If the rumors are to believed, it'll probably cost all our picks this year and Crowder.  I've consistently seen media suggest that any deal we attempt to make for a star, the other team is going to want Crowder in the deal.  Maybe Bradley as well. 

Crowder + Bradley + the Brooklyn 1st would be the type of overpay I'd expect to see.  I wouldn't be comfortable doing it unless it guaranteed us a Durant signing. 

I'd rather just hang onto the assets otherwise.  He's not a franchise player.  Some people see him as a future superstar.   I don't see it.  Bulls apparently don't either.

I don't see them wanting both of those guys. I bet it'd be something like Crowder + Rozier (who they liked in the draft) + picks. I'll gladly do that.

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The other option if our pick is #1 or #2 is to keep the Brooklyn pick and give them:
Smart
2017 BRK pick swap
2018 BRK pick
2016 Celtics pick
Rozier
Hunter

For Butler and Mirotic for the bench

Can then draft Simmons or ingram as the fall back plan if Durant doesn't end up here.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'd rather just keep crowder and the Brooklyn pick.  Crowder is solid and on a great contract.  I'd be excited to watch the rookie develop.  I don't think swapping out crowder with butler is going to move the needle enough and you'd be locking up 17 mil of cap for butler.  Butler shot 31% from three this year.  Crowder is solid defensively as well.  I think the hope is that butler can carry an offense, but I don't see it.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
The only thing I wouldn't give up for Butler is Smart.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Marcus Smart or Avery Bradley, this year's Brooklyn pick, another first rounder, and however many 2nd round party favors they want. Maybe add on any one of James Young/RJ/Mickey as well.

Great words from a great man