Author Topic: Bulpett on the offseason  (Read 3977 times)

Bulpett on the offseason
« on: April 29, 2016, 07:17:28 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I always like to read articles from Bulpett. He seems to be the most connected source for us(aside from Woj, Mannix, and sometimes ESPN)

Here's the article: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/04/bulpett_celtics_offseason_plan_will_require_patience_and_luck

Basically the most noteworthy part:

The Celts will indeed make a serious run at Kevin Durant, and we have been told from a number of sources that he will listen to the pitch. How open he is to the pitch will be determined at least in part by how the remainder of the Oklahoma City season goes

Also important:

In addition, it’s certain the Celtics will also revisit some of their talks from the trade deadline. Will Chicago be more open to discussing Jimmy Butler now? And what about the 76ers and Jahlil Okafor? Jerry and Bryan Colangelo of the 76ers are among Ainge’s closest friends in the game, so no doubt the lines of communication will be open.

Please Spurs. Beat OKC. And durant please come to the east. Don't join those super teams out west.

Let's get jimmy and lure durant too 
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Bulpett on the offseason
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 07:22:00 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 07:34:08 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Sacl says once you get Butler , you get Durant.....

http://www.csnne.com/video/scal-once-you-get-jimmy-butler-you-get-kevin-durant
meh butler reminds me of rickey davis

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 07:50:26 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93

I have no idea why? 

Ricky always was a head case and Jimmy is a guy who got where he is with hard work and determination.  Ricky was un-coachable and I have never heard that about Jimmy--I have never heard that Jimmy missed a shot on purpose to achieve a triple double.  I see no comparison whatsoever!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:33:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Rasual Butler 2.0 wishes he was Ricky Davis.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 08:45:01 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Westbrook should have a field day against the Spurs' guards, but otherwise, it will be really hard for them.  It's very possible that the rest of the Thunder let Durant and Westbrook down.  If we can get Durant, it makes Crowder expendable, too.  That in turn means we can get Butler without necessarily giving up a Brooklyn Nets pick.  It would be such a chain reaction...

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 08:48:54 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Okay, i have no idea why people are running with this whole 'jimmy butler=ricky davis' thing

Does defense mean anything to anyone??
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Okay, i have no idea why people are running with this whole 'jimmy butler=ricky davis' thing

Apparently not.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 09:56:27 PM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30

Or heart or competitive spirit.  Give me Butler w/ Durant all day erryday.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:52 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
i hope the Thunder get severely outcoached and end up being swept and Durant truly considers leaving OKC :P

- LilRip

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 10:20:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Patience and luck ... sounds like Danny's MO.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

It is a ridiculous comparison by people who don't understand Butler's game. I'll take him on this team any day, and I'll include Crowder in the deal if that's what it takes.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 11:12:44 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible

It is a ridiculous comparison by people who don't understand Butler's game. I'll take him on this team any day, and I'll include Crowder in the deal if that's what it takes.

I would NOT include Crowder. We need depth at the wing. Having him back up Durant could do wonders. I would not want to rely on James Young or some rookie backing KD up at the 3 or 4 if we are lucky enough to have this problem.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I would NOT include Crowder. We need depth at the wing. Having him back up Durant could do wonders. I would not want to rely on James Young or some rookie backing KD up at the 3 or 4 if we are lucky enough to have this problem.

Crowder can't shoot. We can replace him. Easily. I would happily include Crowder in a Butler deal.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 11:53:11 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We are not trading a top 3 draft pick and Jae Crowder for Jimmy Bulter.  It is not happening.  Butler is exactly the type of player we need but removing Crowder MAKES US WORSE.  You saw what happened to this team late in the year when he didn't perform.

Honestly, if it is a #1 or #2 pick, I would be fine keeping Simmons or Ingram.  If Simmons can be as good as people said he could be - why would you trade that guy?  This team is not built to win it all next year.  They need to take another step.