Author Topic: What's Your Best Draft Case and Free Agency  (Read 1088 times)

What's Your Best Draft Case and Free Agency
« on: April 29, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
First off try to really think could we make any of the trade purposed.  Don't just say players and picks for Butler, try to give a little reasoning behind it. 

Celtics end up getting the Number 1 pick in the draft.  This is how my night falls into place and why I make the moves I do. 

Celtics Draft #1 - Ben Simmons.

New Orleans Pelicans are on the board at the #6 spots and have talked about wanting to move down in the draft to gain more assets, picks and players. 
http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/2/23/11081096/2016-nba-draft-new-orleans-pelicans-trade-back-options-ben-simmons-buddy-hield-denzel-valentine

Celtics trade with New Orleans
Celtics - Dallas's Pick #16, Boston's Pick #23, Amir Johnson
Pelicans - New Orlean's Pick #6

Celtics Draft at #6- Jaylen Brown or Buddy Hield (Personally I want Hield but I think he's gone by the #6 so I'm going to use Jaylen Brown.

This is where I'm wanting to get creative because way to many picks to draft and wanting certain players and on the low end of the draft board, as well to many players on the roster. 

Toronto is on the board at #27.  They already got a 1st with the #9 but have no second round picks.  So they might be wanting to add some players and 2nd round picks.  I know right now people won't like this trade but their is a reason behind it.  Celtics trying to get a shot blocker plus lose some players because of roster.  Plus I believe this player under Stevens could turn into a great future player.  Yes, it's two past 1st rounders, and 2 2nd round picks but it's to draft someone that could be a freak.  Plus it gives us the ability to hopefully resign Turner who I would rather have over Young, Jerebko and 3 2nd round players.   

Celtics trade with Toronto
Celtics - James Young, Jonas Jerebko, 2016 Second Round Picks #35, #45 and #58
Raptors - Toronto's Pick #27

Celtics Draft at #27 - Thon Maker

Celtics Draft at #31 - Timothe Luwawu (Draft and stash over in France.  He's all over the place but my favorite mock draft site has him going at #32)

Celtics Draft at #51 - Perry Ellis (Add some depth in the front court.)

This is the team after draft night.
Center - Kelly Olynyk
Center - Thon Maker
Power Forward - Ben Simmons
Power Forward - Jordan Mickey
Power Forward - Perry Ellis
Small Forward - Jae Crowder
Small Forward - Jaylen Brown
Shooting Guard - Avery Bradley
Shooting Guard - RJ Hunter
Point Guard - Isaiah Thomas
Point Guard - Marcus Smart
Point Guard - Terry Rozier

Free Agents
Hassan Whiteside - 4 years - 12-15 million
Kevin Durant - 4 years - Max Offer

Our line up opening night.  I'd like to use Thomas as a 6th man personally but can be swapped.
Starting Five
Center - Hassan Whiteside
Small Forward - Kevin Durant

Backup Five
Center - Kelly Olynyk
Small Forward/Shooting Guard - Jaylen Brown

End of the bench and D-league
Center - Thon Maker

Personally I'd like to trade Hunter and #51 - Perry Ellis for future draft picks, that way I could resign Evan Turner and he'd be my backup shooting guard, but couldn't think of who'd really want Hunter and the #51 pick for a future pick.  So I'll just stick with what I have.  I wanted to have some fun with this as a dream/best case of what I'd like to see that could be possible.   

Re: What's Your Best Draft Case and Free Agency
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 09:05:37 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
My best case is pretty similar. I want to get Durant and Whiteside. Drummond would be ideal but not realistic.  Also at the right price Joakim Noah could be a solid pick up. 

My draft would be Simmons or Murray pending what pick.

And IT is definitely starting.

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 01:00:01 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Win #1 trade it, 31 and Rozier for #2 from Philly and Noel.

Trade #2, AJ, JJ, Hunter, 16, 23 and Nets 2018 to Jazz for Hayward and Favors.

Sign KD at Max. Sign Pau with remaining cap.

Draft Zizic 35. Yogi 45,  Yab 51, Warney 58.

IT/Smart/Yogi
Hayward/AB
KD/Crowder/Young
Favors/Mickey/Zizic
Noel/Pau/Warney

Stash Yab or Zizic depending on who is more ready.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 01:11:20 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I have two best case scenarios one has us winning now, one has us growing organically

Win now
1. Trade the Brooklyn pick, Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk and Amir Johnson to Chicago for Jimmy Butler.
2. Sign Durant
3. Sign Horford
IT/Butler/Durant/Crowder/Horford as starters, 2nd unit of Rozier, Smart, Mavs pick, Mickey, vet

Long term Development plan
1. Get number one pick draft Simmons
2. draft shooting with the Mavs pick.
IT/Bradley/Crowder/Simmons/Olynyk as starters Rozier, Smart, Mavs pick, Amir, Jerebko, Mickey

In essence my best case scenarios involve picking Ingram/Simmons or trading for a star. If either of those things happen I'll be ecstatic.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:15:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
First off try to really think could we make any of the trade purposed.  Don't just say players and picks for Butler, try to give a little reasoning behind it. 

Celtics end up getting the Number 1 pick in the draft.  This is how my night falls into place and why I make the moves I do. 

Celtics Draft #1 - Ben Simmons.

New Orleans Pelicans are on the board at the #6 spots and have talked about wanting to move down in the draft to gain more assets, picks and players. 
http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2016/2/23/11081096/2016-nba-draft-new-orleans-pelicans-trade-back-options-ben-simmons-buddy-hield-denzel-valentine

Celtics trade with New Orleans
Celtics - Dallas's Pick #16, Boston's Pick #23, Amir Johnson
Pelicans - New Orlean's Pick #6

Celtics Draft at #6- Jaylen Brown or Buddy Hield (Personally I want Hield but I think he's gone by the #6 so I'm going to use Jaylen Brown.

This is where I'm wanting to get creative because way to many picks to draft and wanting certain players and on the low end of the draft board, as well to many players on the roster. 

Toronto is on the board at #27.  They already got a 1st with the #9 but have no second round picks.  So they might be wanting to add some players and 2nd round picks.  I know right now people won't like this trade but their is a reason behind it.  Celtics trying to get a shot blocker plus lose some players because of roster.  Plus I believe this player under Stevens could turn into a great future player.  Yes, it's two past 1st rounders, and 2 2nd round picks but it's to draft someone that could be a freak.  Plus it gives us the ability to hopefully resign Turner who I would rather have over Young, Jerebko and 3 2nd round players.   

Celtics trade with Toronto
Celtics - James Young, Jonas Jerebko, 2016 Second Round Picks #35, #45 and #58
Raptors - Toronto's Pick #27

Celtics Draft at #27 - Thon Maker

Celtics Draft at #31 - Timothe Luwawu (Draft and stash over in France.  He's all over the place but my favorite mock draft site has him going at #32)

Celtics Draft at #51 - Perry Ellis (Add some depth in the front court.)

This is the team after draft night.
Center - Kelly Olynyk
Center - Thon Maker
Small Forward - Jaylen Brown

Free Agents
Hassan Whiteside - 4 years - 12-15 million
Kevin Durant - 4 years - Max Offer

Our line up opening night.  I'd like to use Thomas as a 6th man personally but can be swapped.
Starting Five
Center - Hassan Whiteside
Small Forward - Kevin Durant

Backup Five
Center - Kelly Olynyk
Small Forward/Shooting Guard - Jaylen Brown

End of the bench and D-league
Center - Thon Maker

Personally I'd like to trade Hunter and #51 - Perry Ellis for future draft picks, that way I could resign Evan Turner and he'd be my backup shooting guard, but couldn't think of who'd really want Hunter and the #51 pick for a future pick.  So I'll just stick with what I have.  I wanted to have some fun with this as a dream/best case of what I'd like to see that could be possible.   
I'd be nervous that Durant isn't going to consider Boston if we add Simmons and don't trade for anyone at the draft. Durant wants to win now, he doesn't care about Simmons as a long term guy (imo). Maybe if we get Whiteside to agree early that could be enough to convince him though.

I'm not sure about your starting lineup, other than Bradley and Durant there isn't a ton of shooting. I think the time of having IT come off the bench ended at the start of this season. WIth what he did for us this season, if you try to make him the 6th man he probably demands a trade and rightfully so.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19