Author Topic: C's are holding NBA Draft workouts tomorrow, who will be there?  (Read 3981 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Saw this , but couldn't find anymore info on who is attending

Adam Himmelsbach: Also, for those itching to start this all over again: Celtics have their first NBA draft workout on Wednesday.
– via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach

Heild could really help the offense of this team if we end up keeping the pick and if it is outside the top 2 .

Re: C's are holding NBA Draft workouts tomorrow, who will be there?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 06:14:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Saw this , but couldn't find anymore info on who is attending

Adam Himmelsbach: Also, for those itching to start this all over again: Celtics have their first NBA draft workout on Wednesday.
– via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach

Heild could really help the offense of this team if we end up keeping the pick and if it is outside the top 2 .

This early?? I thought it began after playoffs were finished

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 06:22:03 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Future Celtics Brandon Ingram and/or Ben Simmons lol

In all honesty I thought it started later too. Maybe they're just looking at on the edge guys, given our 294828373 picks in this draft.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:20:18 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
So is Ben Simmons coming Wednesday or what?

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:24:52 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I wonder if Simmons and Ingram will bother working out for anyone until the draft lottery. There's really no way either slips out of the top 2.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I would imagine that draft workouts would be for lower-rated players who may not be invited to the combine, rather than any of the top guys.  Think guys we'd use a second rounder on.  I could be wrong, but the top players should be preparing for the combine, not flying around the country for workouts.  They'll have time for the workouts later.

Also probably some underclassmen who are still deciding whether or not to be in the draft, since they have to make a decision on returning to school by May 25th.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 11:35:49 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I hope Lab works out for C's. He had a less than ideal year but he flashed well at times.
Heild, Lab, Murray, Bender, and Brown should all work out for C's.

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Are we going to have another thread this year showing who the Cs worked out and how it went? That was pretty helpful / informative last year.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:10 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Are we going to have another thread this year showing who the Cs worked out and how it went? That was pretty helpful / informative last year.

I made this thread: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=84225.0
which is stickied on the draft page. I'll be updating the first post once we get more info about who's working out for us
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 12:24:06 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I made this thread: http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=84225.0
which is stickied on the draft page. I'll be updating the first post once we get more info about who's working out for us

Awesome, TP - thanks.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Players who attended/attending today's workout. Finney-Smith and Warney are 2 decent 2nd round prospects.

Dorian Finney-Smith
6-8, 220, Florida

Position: Forward

Summary: Was second-team All-SEC by coaches and third-team all-conference by the AP. Led Gators in scoring (14.3) and rebounds (8.3) for the second and third consecutive seasons, respectively.

Projected draft status: Second round.

Quincy Ford

6-8, 225, Northeastern

Position: Guard/Forward

Summary: Averaged 16.4 points, 7.0 rebounds while shooting 34.8 percent on 3s. Underwent season-ending back surgery that sidelined him for the 2013-2014 season. Bounced back with a pair of solid seasons, the last of which earned him a spot of on the NABC All-District Second team as well as the All-CAA Second team.

Projected draft status: Late second, undrafted.

Marcus Georges-Hunt

6-5, 216, Georgia Tech

Position: Guard

Summary: Averaged 16.7 points, shooting 45.4 percent from the field while dishing out a team-high 3.3 assists per game. Has a knack for getting to the free throw line, evident by him ranking 13th in free throws made and 18th in free throw attempts.

Projected draft status: Undrafted, maybe late second round.

Sheldon McClellan

6-5, 200, Miami

Summary: A transfer from Texas, McClellan averaged 16.3 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists for Miami this past season while shooting 50.4 percent from the field and 40.6 percent on 3s. Has a lot of tools that are intriguing to the NBA, but consistency and decision-making are areas of uncertainty about where he’ll eventually land.

Projected draft status: Second round pick.

Mike Tobey

7-0, 260, Virginia

Position: Center

Summary: Turned a few heads during Portsmouth Invitational when he averaged 12 points per game. Appeared in all 37 games this season with Virginia, but only had seven starts. Shot a team-best 60.1 percent from the field and was second on the team with 22 blocked shots.

Projected draft status: Undrafted.

Jameel Warney

6-8, 260, Stony Brook

Position: Power forward

Summary: The best player in Stony Brook history, Warney was a double-double machine this season in which he averaged 19.8 points and 10.8 rebounds to go with 3.0 blocked shots. An Honorable mention All-American, Warney was the America East Player and Defensive Player of the Year. Does not have much of a face-the-basket game but does provide a nice strong presence defensively.

Projected draft status: Second round to undrafted.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 12:17:52 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Players who attended/attending today's workout. Finney-Smith and Warney are 2 decent 2nd round prospects.

Dorian Finney-Smith
6-8, 220, Florida

Position: Forward

Summary: Was second-team All-SEC by coaches and third-team all-conference by the AP. Led Gators in scoring (14.3) and rebounds (8.3) for the second and third consecutive seasons, respectively.

Projected draft status: Second round.

Quincy Ford

6-8, 225, Northeastern

Position: Guard/Forward

Summary: Averaged 16.4 points, 7.0 rebounds while shooting 34.8 percent on 3s. Underwent season-ending back surgery that sidelined him for the 2013-2014 season. Bounced back with a pair of solid seasons, the last of which earned him a spot of on the NABC All-District Second team as well as the All-CAA Second team.

Projected draft status: Late second, undrafted.

Marcus Georges-Hunt

6-5, 216, Georgia Tech

Summary: Averaged 16.7 points, shooting 45.4 percent from the field while dishing out a team-high 3.3 assists per game. Has a knack for getting to the free throw line, evident by him ranking 13th in free throws made and 18th in free throw attempts.

Projected draft status: Undrafted, maybe late second round.

Sheldon McClellan

6-5, 200, Miami

Summary: A transfer from Texas, McClellan averaged 16.3 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.6 assists for Miami this past season while shooting 50.4 percent from the field and 40.6 percent on 3s. Has a lot of tools that are intriguing to the NBA, but consistency and decision-making are areas of uncertainty about where he’ll eventually land.

Projected draft status: Second round pick.

Mike Tobey

7-0, 260, Virginia

Position: Center

Summary: Turned a few heads during Portsmouth Invitational when he averaged 12 points per game. Appeared in all 37 games this season with Virginia, but only had seven starts. Shot a team-best 60.1 percent from the field and was second on the team with 22 blocked shots.

Projected draft status: Undrafted.

Jameel Warney

6-8, 260, Stony Brook

Position: Power forward

Summary: The best player in Stony Brook history, Warney was a double-double machine this season in which he averaged 19.8 points and 10.8 rebounds to go with 3.0 blocked shots. An Honorable mention All-American, Warney was the America East Player and Defensive Player of the Year. Does not have much of a face-the-basket game but does provide a nice strong presence defensively.

Projected draft status: Second round to undrafted.
Nice Warney got an early look by C's. On top of that Finn-Smith too. Now if Yogi, Onuaku and Brogdon also get work outs I will be a happy guy for possible 2nd rounders I want C's to try and draft

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2016, 12:27:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not exactly an earth-shattering list based on projected draft status.  every one of them could still be available with that last second round pick #58.

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 12:42:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Itd have been cool to recognize one player's name on the list. But I'll go glass half full and assume one of these misfits is a diamond in the rough. :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 12:42:35 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Gotta know if that 58 is worth holding on to