Author Topic: Roger Goodell opens mouth, inserts foot yet again re:Draft  (Read 3718 times)

Roger Goodell opens mouth, inserts foot yet again re:Draft
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:19:15 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said the drama surrounding Laremy Tunsil's first-round slide to the Miami Dolphins is part of the reason why the NFL draft is "so exciting."

Goodell said Friday morning during an interview with ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike that he was not aware of the social-media controversy involving Tunsil until after the Dolphins drafted the former Ole Miss offensive lineman.

Seriously? Goodell had no idea of what was going on regarding Tunsil until after the pick? Really? The #1 guy falls to #13 and he has no idea why? I'm expected to believe this?

But my real favorite is that he called the kid's slide "exciting." Yeah, a kid gets thrown under the bus on his Twitter account, humiliated on national TV and you think that's exciting? It's a good thing he didn't deflate the bong. Who knows what Roger would have done?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/id/15427143/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-discusses-laremy-tunsil-fall-nfl-draft

Mike

Re: Roger Goodell opens mouth, inserts foot yet again re:Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 05:30:58 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Scumbag. Shill. Trash. Punk. No integrity.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 05:38:24 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Did you hear what he said about the Brady situation on that show this morning ?

He kept saying the underlying facts of the situation had nothing to do with the bringing him to court . He kept saying it's about the power the comish has the ability to use .

But then he was saying it as if Brady was proven to do this , citing the destruction of his phone ( though they had already told him they didn't need it anymore ) .

The Ideal Gas Law totally proves what happened , but of course lets not trust something that is proveable by science ......

Hell 3 or 4 of the Indy balls were deflated too, why is this not considered ?

This guy is a total scumbag, robot

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 06:21:13 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
But my real favorite is that he called the kid's slide "exciting." Yeah, a kid gets thrown under the bus on his Twitter account, humiliated on national TV and you think that's exciting?

It was exciting as hell for me.  :)

- Dolphin Fan

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 07:43:53 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
But my real favorite is that he called the kid's slide "exciting." Yeah, a kid gets thrown under the bus on his Twitter account, humiliated on national TV and you think that's exciting?

- Dolphin Fan

You lucky (insert your choice of words that CB wouldn't like)!

;)

Mike

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 08:01:17 PM »

Online JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Roger is a master manipulator. He's satin.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 08:14:08 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Unpopular opinion here, not that I think Goodel is a good human being let alone a competent commissioner, but I'd take this answer 10 time out of 10 over some holier than thou schpeal about the importance of choices in a young man's life.

If this happened this year in the NBA Draft and Ben Simmons is social media sabotaged into falling down to the 5th pick, the 7th pick, the tenth 10 pick(!!!) the tension in the building would be enormous. Speaking strictly from a fan perspective, I'm sorry I'd find that pretty exciting.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 08:22:18 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
I found the slide exciting...

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 08:20:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Tunsil was never going to be the #1 pick and a lot of the mocks had him going no earlier than the Ravens at 6.  A bit disingenuous to call Tunsil the #1 pick, he was never going to be that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2016, 09:31:25 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
It's just swell to hear the NFL commissioner call the events surrounding a troubled kid from a school that has clearly, clearly been cheating "exciting."

As for the Brady thing, maybe it's time for the Patriots to stop pushing the ethics envelope in the NFL. That's the message with Deflategate.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2016, 09:51:52 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Goodell is a the "Brutus" of the NFL, back stabbing scum, liar.

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 10:31:46 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

- Dolphin Fan

I know you're kidding, but that's just the point.  His main motivation is to make the sport as exciting as possible.  It being at the expense of the players is just the price they paid when they signed on to play in the NFL.  It made for great draft night drama and got people talking all the more.  They've dragged Brady's situation along and it's now provided two off season's worth of publicity for the league.  The NFL just wants every square inch of your sports attention 24/7/365. 
Yup