Author Topic: Thoughts on Rozier and future with the team?  (Read 2625 times)

Thoughts on Rozier and future with the team?
« on: April 29, 2016, 01:29:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He worked hard on the defensive end and in games 3,4 caused some problems for Schroder and teague.

But his offense was virtually non existent.   He hit a few big open corner 3s, one nice layup off the backboard. Otherwise just kept passing the ball to IT and Crowder.   

I thought we would see more. No drive, stop and pop. No drive and kick outs, no amazing finishes around the basket.  More often than not, did not look like he knew what he was doing with the ball in his hands. Really inconsistent jump shooter 

He has a way out, that he is only a rookie. Still would like to get thoughts on him and future with the team.   

Re: Thoughts on Rozier and future with the team?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »

Online Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
Unless he needs to be involved in a deal for Boogie or Butler, I'd like to see him stick around. I like him as a 4th/5th guard for next year. He definitely showed a lot of promise and he's still very young. It's too early to tell where his career is going, but those flashes of elite athleticism are there. Also I love the way he rebounds for his position and defends. Keep him unless a team demands him in a trade for a star, I'd much rather give up Young or Hunter.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:42:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
He's a rookie who played in the playoffs after not really playing during the year, that's a win, homie.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He's a rookie who played in the playoffs after not really playing during the year, that's a win, homie.

Played due to injuries. 

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 01:53:52 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Played due to injuries.

And didn't stink up the joint. He was fine. Probably would have liked to see more scoring and driving, especially given his speed. But I like him. A lot more than draft night.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 01:59:42 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Rozier is a keeper for now.

He is very fast (this we knew from draft night) and has showed flashes of potential during the year.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 01:59:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He showed enough to make me think he could be a useful backup, maybe as soon as next year.  At worst, he's a solid 5th guard.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 02:00:16 PM »

Offline TheSlipperyWhistle

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I actually disagree a little big about the offensive part of his game. I was at games 3 and 4. Gotta keep in mind, they aren't exactly running sets for him... He took a 3 and longer 2, and nailed them both. I also saw him shoot around, hes going to be a player. He also took it hard at Teague (or maybe Schroeder) one play in either game 5 or 6 that showed something. He's not going to put up huge numbers in limited minutes/touches. 40/35/100 splits (tiny sample) are not terrible for a rook seeing arguably the most action hes seen all season. He's not a worldbeater... not yet anyways ;). I hope they can find a way to keep him.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Kind of says a lot that he is already miles ahead of Young eh? I think he could become something pretty decent. A rookie in the playoffs in competitive games that you don't notice being terrible is pretty good.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 02:15:24 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He looks at this point of being at least a reliable defensive presence off the bench.

It makes it easier to do a large trade that could send one (or more) of the current top guards off the Celtics team.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 02:40:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
With AB out Smart had to play a lot of SG/SF. Rozier got to backup the PG spot. I feel it's more of an indictment on Hunter and Young. If they could shoot and play better there would have been less Rozier.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 02:44:19 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think we will let Turner walk and then Rozier, Young, Hunter and whatever guard we draft will end up being the 4th guard in the rotation.

I expect Rozier to win that battle and show up as a quality 3-d guy next year, with the upside of a guy who will someday be able to break defenders down off the dribble.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 03:10:13 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I don't think Rozier has a future with the team because I think he's most likely to be traded.  Not because Danny doesn't want him, but because he'll be the player other teams want the most out of the C's young assets, since I imagine a big trade including a combination of a veteran, draft picks, and some young assets (Rozier/Hunter/Young/Mickey).

For the young assets, Danny's going to try to offer Young or Hunter, but other teams are going to ask for Rozier, and I don't see the inclusion of Rozier holding up any trade (unlike when we traded for KG and Ray and Danny refused to include Rondo).

At least one of those guys is getting thrown in a trade, and I think the other teams will want Rozier.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:18:51 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 03:13:46 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Still wishing we had taken Portis.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
He was never aggressive on offense except on the fast break but showed his tenacity defensively. I also saw flashes of his potential but the one thing I'm worried about his mindset. He deferred to the vets 99% of the time on offense because he feared he would screw up.

I look forward to seeing what he can do next season if he's still on the team.