Author Topic: Offseason: Are Turner and Sullingers a package?  (Read 2013 times)

Re: Offseason: Are Turner and Sullingers a package?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 03:27:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Quote from: PhoSita
I think it's more likely a team like New York or Brooklyn pays Evan starter money.  He'll get a shot at a primary ball-handler gig and it'll probably go a lot like the last time he had one.
That was last year wasnt it?

I don't think he's ever been the primary ball-handler for the Celts, at least not for a substantial stretch of time.  Maybe he was between the Rondo trade and the Isaiah trade and I've just blotted it out from my memory.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I still can't believe how bad Sullinger was in this series. He was outplayed left and right. Scott looked like a million bucks in comparison

He had a decent regular season. Just when the intensity picked up , he was a no show.   
I think it was a matchup or health issue. Last year, in the playoffs, he was really quite good. Even just coming back from the injury, he was one of our most important guys there.

Also, I urge you to look at a lot of big games off this stretch where I grant he was terrible in a really bad time to be terrible.
GSW win ---> sully is great, 20 and 12 with 3 assists a steal and just 1 turnover
LAC OT win before asg --> 21 and 11 with 7 assists a steal and no turnovers

Hes also shown a propensity to have his best games when playing against the best bigs in the game which leads me to believe he is not afraid of the moment or intensity.
11 points 20 rebs against AD early in the year
16 rebs and 10 points against the Bulls frontcourt
17 points 10 boards against Drummond
18 and 12 the second time around vs Chicago
21 and 6 against Cousins
24 and 12 vs Howard

That is just this year, go back and look at past years and you see the same thing

I recall him scoring like 27 on AD and getting a big double double against Cousins.

He really struggled down the stretch, probably a product of his weight, but if his poor postseason performance drives down his cost, Id be fine with either a) bringing him back on a 1 year deal if we dont get a Durant or b) using the RFA rights to bring him in as a complimentary peice if we do add 2 big contracts.

Im certainly not willing to pay the 4/48 type contracts it looked like he might be on track for at the beginning of the season.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 03:37:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Quote from: PhoSita
I think it's more likely a team like New York or Brooklyn pays Evan starter money.  He'll get a shot at a primary ball-handler gig and it'll probably go a lot like the last time he had one.
That was last year wasnt it?

I don't think he's ever been the primary ball-handler for the Celts, at least not for a substantial stretch of time.  Maybe he was between the Rondo trade and the Isaiah trade and I've just blotted it out from my memory.
No you are correct, I was just thinking how he started and was the ball handler of that starting lineup, but Isaiah was definitely the primary guy.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'm OK with both sully and Turner not coming back. 

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 04:17:19 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 04:08:25 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If Turner comes back, it likely means that he's been promised at least a major role as a rotation player. This would likely mean a trade for a high-impact wing didn't materialize for Ainge.

If Sully comes back, it likely means that Ainge felt it worth retaining him on a reasonable contract, rather than let him walk in return for nothing (with the intent to trade him later on). This would also mean a tepid market for Sully in FA.

I can see both or neither happening.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague