Author Topic: Offseason: Are Turner and Sullingers a package?  (Read 2032 times)

Offseason: Are Turner and Sullingers a package?
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
A key reason Turned joined was bc of his buddy Sullinger. Bc many here don't want sully back , if you want to keep Turner it might mean Sully is going to stay also.

But Turner and his recent interviews suggest he is not optimistic  he will be back (for xyz reason, and maybe he knows Celts don't want to pay sully etc). That is the feeling I get

If we lose both sully and Turner it won't make or break the team anyways

Re: Offseason: Are Turner and Sullingers a package?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:26:34 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I'd rather keep turner because of his versatility in that bench role. However if the price is resigning sully, at any price, then thank you for your time turner. Silly sully needs off this squad.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't believe they are but I really think Turner goes for the most $ and that won't come from C's. He deserves a big pay day after the bargain deal he gave us yet he isn't our answer. Good bye Turner and Sully.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:37:44 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Jared can get off my team. He was in a contract year this year, was told conditioning was an issue, and somehow got fatter during his contract year, and couldn't keep up in the playoffs. So long sully.

Turner I'm torn on. I want evan, for all his occasional warts, I think a bench unit with him and smart on it is terrifying for the other teams bench. However, Evan played well in his contract year, unlike a certain lump, so I feel like he's going to want a significant contract.

Which, by the way, I am very happy for him getting. He deserves it. I just don't want to be the team to pay it to him, because we have to keep that cap for stars. Turner is going to get paid as some contending teams sixth man though, book it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:37:46 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
I don't know if they are a package, but I won't be sad to see them move on.
Sully is just a waste. He was flat out awful in this series, when the Celtics really needed him to step up. He's fat and plays little or no D. Also still insists on chucking up 3's. Just terrible.
I was in the resigning Turner camp until the last few games. When Atlanta really focused to taking IT out of the game, I was thinking he would step up. Instead he continually make really horrible passes, ugly turnovers, and didn't shot well. If he gave one more dirty look at the refs after missing a shot or turning the ball over, I think I might have thrown up. I think he could be ungraded for sure.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:38:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't believe they are but I really think Turner goes for the most $ and that won't come from C's. He deserves a big pay day after the bargain deal he gave us yet he isn't our answer. Good bye Turner and Sully.

I think so too

If they helped us get to the 2nd round of the playoffs , that could be another story

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:38:27 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
They're gone.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 11:41:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I still can't believe how bad Sullinger was in this series. He was outplayed left and right. Scott looked like a million bucks in comparison

He had a decent regular season. Just when the intensity picked up , he was a no show.   

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 12:27:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Danny Ainge is not going to judge whether to bring back Sully and Turner based in a bad series. He is going to judge their total body of work with the team, judge where their salary  demands fit into the salary structure of the team, and whether what they bring to the team as a whole can be replaced some other way at a lower price. Thing is, sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't,

I see Sully as having worn out his welcome with mansgement and the coaching staff. I don' t think he returns. Turner at around $10 million a year, I think they definitely bring him back.

As for whether Sully and ET are a package, come on, this is professional basketball and neither have the pull to think they could pull off a dumb stunt like trying to force one team to sign both of them. Turner would sign and let Sully go elsewhere and vice versa because they are professionals and their personal financial future is more important to them than a friendship they can still keep if they arr playing on different teams

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 01:11:12 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Turner will get more from someone else with the new cap if not for that would be able to keep him. I am hopeful we let our young players develop next year if we can not get a star. Give Amir and JJ another good one year contract and play Mickey, Hunter, Rozier and the 3 picks.
Sully see you at the Buffet line I guess. What a waste.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 01:15:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Jared can get off my team. He was in a contract year this year, was told conditioning was an issue, and somehow got fatter during his contract year, and couldn't keep up in the playoffs. So long sully.

Turner I'm torn on. I want evan, for all his occasional warts, I think a bench unit with him and smart on it is terrifying for the other teams bench. However, Evan played well in his contract year, unlike a certain lump, so I feel like he's going to want a significant contract.

Which, by the way, I am very happy for him getting. He deserves it. I just don't want to be the team to pay it to him, because we have to keep that cap for stars. Turner is going to get paid as some contending teams sixth man though, book it.

I think it's more likely a team like New York or Brooklyn pays Evan starter money.  He'll get a shot at a primary ball-handler gig and it'll probably go a lot like the last time he had one.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 03:13:53 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
ET seems very keen on staying in Boston, at least according to some recent tweets

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 03:17:41 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
ET seems very keen on staying in Boston, at least according to some recent tweets

Yeah, that's the same thing I've heard. That's why I take pause when Triboy posts things like "Turner and his recent interviews suggest he is not optimistic  he will be back (for xyz reason)" without citing the actual interview or source.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 03:22:16 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If they bring Turner back I hope they don't overpay him. The only way he comes back is if we strike out on better more expensive players, so I'd rather not see him back.

I'd also like to move on from Sully.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I think it's more likely a team like New York or Brooklyn pays Evan starter money.  He'll get a shot at a primary ball-handler gig and it'll probably go a lot like the last time he had one.
That was last year wasnt it? Thought he performed rather well.

I could definitely see him going to Brooklyn and putting up pretty good numbers on a bad team. However unlike his last season in Philly where he put up 17/6/4 I think his stats would be much less empty.

Honestly Im not sure it would be a bad call for Brooklyn to overpay him.

I think he would be a better value for them than Brandon Jennings or Rondo
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.