Author Topic: Atlanta beat us fair and square  (Read 1524 times)

Re: Atlanta beat us fair and square
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 09:44:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Injuries are part of the game, so yes, they beat us fair and square.  But if Korver gets hurt at the end of game one instead of Bradley, I think we sweep the Hawks.  It was a real bit of bad luck that Bradley went down.  He was an integral part of our success this season, and his loss changed our team on both ends of the court.

There were more guys that we didn't have an answer for than AB could have fixed.   Bazemore killed us.  Scott killed us off the bench.  There starting five were all in double figures.  Schrodner killed us.  I doubt AB could have stopped all those guys at once.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/atl

We absolutely had rotten luck to draw them as an opponent and injuries.   But their overall talent level was greater than ours.   Their D was great the final two games and completely exposed us as lacking scoring options, Bradley might have helped there.  But we did not have as much talent, Ainge knew it, read his comments before the series.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics/2016/04/bulpett_danny_ainge_saw_celtics_end_coming

I don't know why so fans did not get the memo or ignore this fact.

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Injuries are part of the game, so yes, they beat us fair and square.  But if Korver gets hurt at the end of game one instead of Bradley, I think we sweep the Hawks.  It was a real bit of bad luck that Bradley went down.  He was an integral part of our success this season, and his loss changed our team on both ends of the court.

I agree. I was at a home game during the winter against the Pistons and AB was out and it was the same result for the same reasons on both ends of the court.

Bad luck again. Let's hope that bball gods remember that on the 17th and try to balance the scales.

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 10:27:46 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Atlanta had 3 of the 4 best players.  Talent wins.  Period.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 11:20:42 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Atlanta can shoot the basketball.

The Celtics cannot.