Author Topic: Atlanta beat us fair and square  (Read 1525 times)

Atlanta beat us fair and square
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:06:40 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
They basically took Isaiah away and we had no one else. They trapped him and posted him up.  The last 2 games were blowouts for that reason. Tommy loves this stuff and taking away the other teams best player and using it against them.  It was us this time around.  I don't know if we should trade Isaiah and build around Marcus or Keep isaiah and build around him at this point. If we had another option to score it may have been different.  I think that can be looked at a lot of ways though.  It's like Tiny Archibald vs Dennis Johnson to me.  If we had Durant to go with Smart and a big front line its the same thing. I don't think anyone is untouchable on this team.

Re: Atlanta beat us fair and square
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:10:47 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
They beat us fair and square but 3 of our best 4 three point shooters being out did make it easier for them to swarm IT and take him out of the game.

I think we win that series if we are healthy.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:13:37 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I agree but I don't think anyone on this team is untouchable. Having Marcus and Bradley with Durant and love and a center would win a championship.  IT and other options would as well.  Either way we have to improve other positions.  I feel like IT or Smart will be gone in a trade possibly. I feel like IT is ainge's binky though. 

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:13:55 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
We played horribly, simply as that. 

Atlanta won because they played with heart when it mattered most - while Boston spent way to much time in way too many games standing around and watching on defence, and allowing wide open threes and layups. 

When you play in the regular season against scrub teams, maybe you can play that way and still win games.  You cant get away with that in the playoffs, especially when you have key players out.

If the Celtics lost, but did so laying everything on the line, then I'd be proud of that.  But they lost thanks to incredibly inconsistent levels of effort and execution.  They really did dig their own grave, as the saying goes.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:15:15 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
We would have gotten out of the 1st round maybe if healthy though.  That's an if though our team broke down.

It's like saying i could have made it to cali if my car didn't break down.  It's still a great car though!

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:20:42 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
We are like Phoenix in ways.  Two really good pgs and not much else. Ainge is kind of stacking the deck that way.  He did it with Rondo and Telfair too.  We need talent at other positions.  Bradley and Crowder were both hurt  yes. So was KO.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:21:14 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Atlanta is good. Really good. They're an incredible defensive team. They're very fast. They're full of good shooters. They really play like one superstar the way our Celtics were supposed to. Here's hoping they shock the world and win it all.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Have to give Atlanta the credit. While the Celtics did not shot well, Atlanta wouldn't allow them to get the shot they wanted. They did a fantastic job of taking IT out of the game, after he had his 42 point night. I truly do not believe Bradley would have been a difference maker.
On offense, Hawks shots the ball very well and their movement was terrific.
Hopefully they give Cleveland a series.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
I agree but I don't think anyone on this team is untouchable. Having Marcus and Bradley with Durant and love and a center would win a championship.  IT and other options would as well.  Either way we have to improve other positions.  I feel like IT or Smart will be gone in a trade possibly. I feel like IT is ainge's binky though.

IT isn't going anywhere. Smart is more likely but I have a feeling he won't be gone either.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
Not to take any credit away from Atlanta. They clearly player better than us. What's frustrating is how, at crucial moments, our guys didn't play up to their true ability.

After having a great regular season, that last game at home was just a major let down...after the first half, we never really put up a strong, consistent effort.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 04:30:37 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
They basically took Isaiah away and we had no one else. They trapped him and posted him up.  The last 2 games were blowouts for that reason. Tommy loves this stuff and taking away the other teams best player and using it against them.  It was us this time around.  I don't know if we should trade Isaiah and build around Marcus or Keep isaiah and build around him at this point. If we had another option to score it may have been different.  I think that can be looked at a lot of ways though.  It's like Tiny Archibald vs Dennis Johnson to me.  If we had Durant to go with Smart and a big front line its the same thing. I don't think anyone is untouchable on this team.

We didn't have Avery Bradley.  Not fair and square.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 04:35:20 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Fair is not the word. They execute their game plan accordingly (no AB, other players struggling on the perimeter). As a result their defense look optimum.
If AB and Crowder were at 100%, Hawks couldn't have plan this type of defense and we would have a chance in the paint and around the perimeter.
Besides all this, Hawks deserves to win. Game 3 & 4 remains a great memory for us Fans. What a noise, I still got chills   8)

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »

Online droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Honestly, there are maybe 3-5 players in the entire league that are untouchable.  So yeah, nobody on this team is untouchable.  Problem is you get what you give.  So don't expect huge differences using just trades.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
In the playoffs, the Celtics shot 38.4% vs Hawks - the WORST shooting percentage in the postseason (min. 6 GM) since the Hawks in 1998-99 (38.3%, 9 GM). YIKES!

The Hawks were fortunate to face a very offensively-challenged team

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 09:37:03 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Injuries are part of the game, so yes, they beat us fair and square.  But if Korver gets hurt at the end of game one instead of Bradley, I think we sweep the Hawks.  It was a real bit of bad luck that Bradley went down.  He was an integral part of our success this season, and his loss changed our team on both ends of the court.