Author Topic: Fancam  (Read 1158 times)

Fancam
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Late in the 4th quarter last night the C's had just struggled to pull within 10 or so again, and the crowd was back into the game for what turned out to be the last time, and there was a timeout. The Celtics still had an outside chance. The crowd in the balcony started brewing a "Let's - Go - Cel - tics" chant, on its own, without the stupid PA system prompting it. It would've resounded throughout the Garden, and it would've reached the players, and it would've made an impression, i.e., these fans are diehard, they won't quit, even now, they really love us. It might've given the C's a little extra swagger. But they didn't hear it, because the chant was drowned out by the ****ing fancam music. All night, during almost every break, that stupid fancam nonsense. You would think people look at themselves so constantly these days, are so used to having their selfies seen by thousands, that they wouldn't care so much about the fancam. Nope. They care even more! At the end of an elimination playoff game, after a run to get us within striking distance, too many people were paying more attention to the fancam than the game. The music for it sucks, too. It's music designed to make lowest common denominator white fans happy. What's the point of home court advantage in the playoffs if the music and fancam nonsense during breaks might as well be exactly the same as every other arena. How about putting music on the PA that the particular players on the Celtics like and play better to. I mean, I can understand why all the distractions are useful during the regular season, 41 games is a lot. But this was a ****ing playoff game, an elimination game, a Game 6. If the Celtics must cater to the kind of fans who need fancam distractions and crap fancam music during the regular season, fine. But those fans should STAY HOME during the playoffs.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Re: Fancam
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 11:28:25 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
It's ultimately not the fans' fault, though. It's the Celtics management for deciding that people go to games to see themselves spaz out on the jumbotron to chart-topping pop crap.

That said, whose bright idea was it to boo Schroeder? You can't boo someone whose name rhymes with boo. You might as well be cheering for them. It's like trying to boo Youkilis or Mookie Betts.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:48:29 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
For what its worth, I don't think the chant would have turned the game around.
That being said, I hate all that loud music, webcam crap. I miss the guy who sometimes played the organ during non-important time outs.

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 12:00:05 PM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
It's ultimately not the fans' fault, though. It's the Celtics management for deciding that people go to games to see themselves spaz out on the jumbotron to chart-topping pop crap.

That said, whose bright idea was it to boo Schroeder? You can't boo someone whose name rhymes with boo. You might as well be cheering for them. It's like trying to boo Youkilis or Mookie Betts.

You can absolutely boo someone with a name like Schroeder.  I think he's smart enough to realize that Boston is booing and not cheering for him. 

Inverse is the same for when we would yell Yoooooouuuuk for Youkilis or Tooooouuuuuuuuk for Rask.  They don't think the home crowd is booing them, they understand what's happening.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:00:09 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
For what its worth, I don't think the chant would have turned the game around.
That being said, I hate all that loud music, webcam crap. I miss the guy who sometimes played the organ during non-important time outs.

We'll never know if that chant could've turned the game around. It's unlikely, but it's not impossible. The more important thing is that fans were attempting to communicate a message of encouragement to the players at the end of a Game 6, but instead the PA system and jumbotron roped the crowd into yet again fixating on their own stupid, narcissistic, uncoordinated selves.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

You can absolutely boo someone with a name like Schroeder.  I think he's smart enough to realize that Boston is booing and not cheering for him. 

Inverse is the same for when we would yell Yoooooouuuuk for Youkilis or Tooooouuuuuuuuk for Rask.  They don't think the home crowd is booing them, they understand what's happening.

I was saying "boo-urns..."

Mike