Author Topic: On draft night trade idea: Celtics trade for Butler  (Read 2522 times)

On draft night trade idea: Celtics trade for Butler
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:40:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If we don't luck out and are in the position to draft Simmons or Ingram

To Bulls:  Amir, Jerebko, Rozier, Young, Nets 1st , Celtics 1st , 31st, 45th , 2017 1st

To Celtics: Butler, Felicio, Barstow, snell

Then Celts draft
Mavs pick draft -  Sabonis
35th.                    -Josh Hart
Late 2nd             - Perry Ellis

Bulls imo take this trade. They are going to lose key players (gasol, Noah) and rose is likely never going go be the same (reinjury, miss playing time) .  bc they are on a downturn can't really see the team attracting key FAs

Yay or nay?

Re: On draft night trade idea: Celtics trade for Butler
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:56:30 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Nay. I've come to accept that we will have to include the Brooklyn pick for any star, and I really like butler, so this trade is pretty good. I would not trade the 2017 pick though. I do not want to trade out of the 2017 draft. I would rather include the mavs pick and let us keep the celtics this year. I'm not as high on Sabonis as you are  (I think he will be a very good first big off the bench, kinda like a Jerebko without the 3 ball and better renounding.

I'd also rather swing for more upside with the later picks.

Overall not a terrible trade just don't think butler is worth 2 brk picks, let alone the 2017 one.
#JKJB

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think this is reasonable. They get two Nets picks (the 2017 Celtics pick has swap rights with the Nets), two young players, 2 players who can be in their rotations now plus two 2nds.

The Celtics would probably do it and if the Bulls wanted to rebuild it probably makes sense for them. However, if the Bulls want to try and stay in the playoff hunt they will want more immediate assets from another team, or simply hold on to Butler.

I also think a deal like this makes us much bigger players for Durant or Horford.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:01:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Nay. I've come to accept that we will have to include the Brooklyn pick for any star, and I really like butler, so this trade is pretty good. I would not trade the 2017 pick though. I do not want to trade out of the 2017 draft. I would rather include the mavs pick and let us keep the celtics this year. I'm not as high on Sabonis as you are  (I think he will be a very good first big off the bench, kinda like a Jerebko without the 3 ball and better renounding.

Overall not a terrible trade just don't think butler is worth 2 brk picks, let alone the 2017 one.
Would you include, Bradley, Smart or Crowder in order to keep the 2017 pick? Or do you think that is too much?

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:05:01 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff

Would you include, Bradley, Smart or Crowder in order to keep the 2017 pick? Or do you think that is too much?

Knowing full well the nets pice COULD get better aka land in the 8-12 range due to Brooklyn overpaying guys, I would rather put crowder in the deal than the 2017. 2017 still gives us a way to improve the team after we have aquiredd a star .

I feel crowder has kind of hit his ceiling, aka a streaky shooter who can be very tantalizing somedays, and can't hit the side of a barn others. Yet he brings hustle and good D every day.

I'd rather include the celtics 2018 to be honest, but it doesn't have the same value.
#JKJB

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:05:49 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Doesnt make sense for the Celts to go "backwards" while going "forward"

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 11:06:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Knowing full well the nets pice COULD get better aka land in the 8-12 range due to Brooklyn overpaying guys, I would rather put crowder in the deal than the 2017. 2017 still gives us a way to improve the team after we have aquiredd a star .

I feel crowder has kind of hit his ceiling, aka a streaky shooter who can be very tantalizing somedays, and can't hit the side of a barn others. Yet he brings hustle and good D every day.

I'd rather include the celtics 2018 to be honest, but it doesn't have the same value.

They want crowder plus Nets . not one or the other

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 11:13:59 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff
I was going off your original trade, and I'm saying crowder instead of the 2017 brk pick. The second poster asked if I would include crowder instead of the 17 because 17 was the deal breaker for me and yes I would. I know full well it will take crowder AND the 16.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 11:24:37 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

I think we could survive moving Bradley if we are replacing him with Butler. I don't think there is any backwards there, just and upgrade. I do agree on Smart and Crowder though.

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 11:28:53 AM »

• Jim Loscutoff
I would rather move crowder than bradley. While I realize butlers position is sg, I don't think he would be terrible at sf. I also think people over rate the benefits of having crowder and butler at the same time.
#JKJB

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think we could survive moving Bradley if we are replacing him with Butler. I don't think there is any backwards there, just and upgrade. I do agree on Smart and Crowder though.

I would trade crowder 1st before AB

Between smart and AB , it would be an extremely hard decision which one to keep it trade (if it came down to it)

Danny loves AB

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 12:11:08 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Between smart and AB , it would be an extremely hard decision which one to keep it trade (if it came down to it)

Danny loves AB
In terms of value of Celtics players you listed Bradley is the one i'm most willing to give up. I think you need to keep Crowder because he is friend's with Butler and that would make it easier to integrate him to the team. The C's are such a close knit group and I would want to do everything I can to preserve that.

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 01:32:02 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Danny loves AB
In terms of value of Celtics players you listed Bradley is the one i'm most willing to give up. I think you need to keep Crowder because he is friend's with Butler and that would make it easier to integrate him to the team. The C's are such a close knit group and I would want to do everything I can to preserve that.
Smart would go for Butler. With Picks. Sabonis will not make 13. I think if we get #3 pick we should trade back and get him.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »

• Jim Loscutoff

Danny loves AB
Smart would go for Butler. With Picks. Sabonis will not make 13. I think if we get #3 pick we should trade back and get him.

No way we should trade back from the Brooklyn pick to get sabonis. Unless you mean trading back with a team in the 12-14 range for tons of picks and a star. If a team wants to burn a mid lotto pick on Sabonis please don't let it be ainge.
#JKJB

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Does anyone else think we value crowder too highly? He was a big part of our team. But if he's what it takes to get a jimmy or a boogie then I'd ship him out before I ship smart or avery
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about