Author Topic: On draft night trade idea: Celtics trade for Butler  (Read 2547 times)

Re: On draft night trade idea: Celtics trade for Butler
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Does anyone else think we value crowder too highly? He was a big part of our team. But if he's what it takes to get a jimmy or a boogie then I'd ship him out before I ship smart or avery

TP I agree 100%. If you read up a little bit I've been pitching the same idea. If we honestly think he would be the deal breaker in a star trade, we are homering his value.

I'm in the keep avery and smart camp, and if it costs crowder to get a star, so be it.
#JKJB

Re: On draft night trade idea: Celtics trade for Butler
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 02:49:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think Crowder's horrific playoff performance has made people forget just how good he was before his injury (which he will fully recover from). This is a guy we were talking about being our best all-around player, a possible all-star, candidate for most improved player.

I think AB's value jumped a bit due to our complete lack of ability to hit a shot. The Portland/GSW performances really enhanced his all-defensive abilities. Smart also showed he can play big when the moment is big.

If you are a Crowder fan, you should feel comfortable in his future as a C. The other two have raised their value to the point where other teams might actually prefer them. That wasn't the case a month or so ago.