Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins wants to stay in Sacramento  (Read 5153 times)

Re: DeMarcus Cousins wants to stay in Sacramento
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2016, 02:51:19 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I dont like that he placed all the blame,on the season on Karl and said nothing about the poor assemblance of talent around him by the front office or the fact that the players and he should have played better and tried to by into whatever coach was coaching him. I find his total lack of self responsibility disturbing.

Just something like "While my team mates and especially myself could have played better and been more focused, Coach Karl just didnt know how to get us to play to our fullest potential as a team. I want to stay here in Sactown. What we need is more talent and a coach that can get the best out of that talent. I want to be here when that happens and the Kings are once again back to being a contender."

How about "We were a complete dumpster fire on defense this year, which is a major indictment of our effort, especially mine, given the physical gifts I have at the center position.  Really, there's just no excuse at all for how horrible we were on defense."

DMC has called out the effort and the defense multiple times this year.   A large part of the defensive effort was the scheme, though.

As for his own effort, DMC was quite good defensively this year.  Sure, there were some lapses, but overall he's playing at a near All-Defense level, and the numbers back that up.  It was the perimeter defense that was basically hot garbage.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2016, 02:54:40 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Feelings might not be completely mutual. According to Kurt Helin: "Kings willing to trade Demarcus Cousins because his moodiness bothers teammates"

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/726109238955634688

Weird tweet, linking to a weird article, because it's almost 100% based upon a report by Boogie-hater Ailene Voisin that came out several weeks ago.  There's nothing new here.

I don't get "journalism" any more.  Can Helin do nothing better than regurgitate an old article by another columnist, adding literally no new material?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2016, 03:00:51 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Feelings might not be completely mutual. According to Kurt Helin: "Kings willing to trade Demarcus Cousins because his moodiness bothers teammates"

Weird tweet, linking to a weird article, because it's almost 100% based upon a report by Boogie-hater Ailene Voisin that came out several weeks ago.  There's nothing new here.

I don't get "journalism" any more.  Can Helin do nothing better than regurgitate an old article by another columnist, adding literally no new material?

Yeah, I saw that after I clicked to a couple of the articles he cited. Seems to be mostly old info but "Report: Kings willing to trade Demarcus Cousins because his moodiness bothers teammates" seems to be news  ??? or his extrapolation of info from the cited articles. Nothing we haven't been speculating on already.

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 03:13:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'm sure this will make Vlade smile.
I don't think so. I believe Vlade wants to get rid of Cousins. It would be easier for him - in terms of the fans accepting and the owner consenting to a trade - if Cousins made an ass out of himself and demanded a trade.

I think Vlade loves Cousins' talent but hates his personality / locker room presence.

That Vlade wants to move on and build a team with good character. Less emotional volatility.  Less in house squawking. Less emotional instability. More professionalism.

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 03:13:36 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Obviously not from the organization with the stupid moodiness slant

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I think you just answered your own question.

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 03:25:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'm sure this will make Vlade smile.
I don't think so. I believe Vlade wants to get rid of Cousins. It would be easier for him - in terms of the fans accepting and the owner consenting to a trade - if Cousins made an ass out of himself and demanded a trade.

I think Vlade loves Cousins' talent but hates his personality / locker room presence.

That Vlade wants to move on and build a team with good character. Less emotional volatility.  Less in house squawking. Less emotional instability. More professionalism.

I hope so, because Boston has the perfect locker room to integrate him.  Strong coach, strong veteran leaders, a friend currently on the team.  Maybe we can land Casspi, too, to smooth the transition even more.

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2016, 03:30:49 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Ok, time to rob Sac Danny  8)

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

You dispute all the tweets on this subject no matter who the tweeter is.  And all of the articles.

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2016, 03:40:48 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Cousins is such a disgusting person.

He has a very natural disposition to be miserable on the court. That will never change.

Stay far far away unless you want him to poison and reverse all the good things Stevens has done here.

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

You dispute all the tweets on this subject no matter who the tweeter is.  And all of the articles.

Go to the tweet.  Click on it.  It brings you to an NBC News article, that relies solely on a Sacramento Bee article from an (unsourced) Ailene Voison article that is several weeks old.

Is it controversial to say that that isn't news?  It's like something from a really outdated news aggregator, that missed its mark by several weeks.  People posting this article in response to DMC's comments are doing so because they were misled by Helin, thinking that this "story" is in any way recent.

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2016, 04:18:50 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Bring on the Boogie! Laughable to me people wouldn't want the celts to go for him.