Author Topic: DeMarcus Cousins wants to stay in Sacramento  (Read 5179 times)

Re: DeMarcus Cousins wants to stay in Sacramento
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Dang it!

"I want to be the person to bring us back to the glory days ... this is a personal vendetta for me"

Also...

DeMarcus Cousins said the Kings would be a playoff team if Michael Malone were still here. Didn't hesitate.

I love the loyalty (to the franchise and his former coach), but open your eyes, DeMarcus!  That franchise is garbage!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/demarcus_cousins_kings_would_be_playoff_team_with_michael_malone/s1_127_20796865

Roy do you think also IT wants to play with cousins and vice versa??

On top of the attitude issues

I've seen him express some conflicting opinions on Isaiah's departure. He made some backhanded comment when they signed Darren Collison in 2014 about the ball moving better and not getting stuck (http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2014/10/1/6886497/who-is-to-blame-for-isaiah-thomas-leaving). However, in the same article in which he talked about wanting to bring Sacramento back to the "glory days" (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2636404-demarcus-cousins-speaks-on-isaiah-thomas-trade-kings-coaching-situation-more), he said he was "frustrated" about moves that were out of his control. Off court, they seem to be pretty good friends as they joke around on twitter and when we played the Kings, Isaiah's son interrupted Cousins's postgame interview much to his delight.

His attitude is a definite concern because I don't attribute it all to the institutional instability. I think a change of scenery would help and it's a risk worth taking.

I also don't take these comments as definitive proof that both he and the Kings won't explore the possibility of a split this offseason. With two years left on his deal, this is the Kings' last chance to get premium value for him and for many obvious reasons, Cousins could use a fresh start. 

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
KG didn't want to leave the T'Wolves right? Cousins is a loyal guy but if the franchise decides it's better to move on then he'll go

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 11:58:41 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
KG didn't want to leave the T'Wolves right? Cousins is a loyal guy but if the franchise decides it's better to move on then he'll go

I think KG eventually asked for a trade, and threatened to leave in free agency.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 12:09:45 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
I dont like that he placed all the blame,on the season on Karl and said nothing about the poor assemblance of talent around him by the front office or the fact that the players and he should have played better and tried to by into whatever coach was coaching him. I find his total lack of self responsibility disturbing.

Just something like "While my team mates and especially myself could have played better and been more focused, Coach Karl just didnt know how to get us to play to our fullest potential as a team. I want to stay here in Sactown. What we need is more talent and a coach that can get the best out of that talent. I want to be here when that happens and the Kings are once again back to being a contender."

There is no poor assemblance of talent

Cousins/WCS/Koufos/Gay/Casspi/Collison/Curry should have been better. The fans believe that, Vlade believes that, and so does DMC

Karl was a huge negative. A coaching change can do wonders. Karl was maybe the worst coach in the league last year

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I dont like that he placed all the blame,on the season on Karl and said nothing about the poor assemblance of talent around him by the front office or the fact that the players and he should have played better and tried to by into whatever coach was coaching him. I find his total lack of self responsibility disturbing.

Just something like "While my team mates and especially myself could have played better and been more focused, Coach Karl just didnt know how to get us to play to our fullest potential as a team. I want to stay here in Sactown. What we need is more talent and a coach that can get the best out of that talent. I want to be here when that happens and the Kings are once again back to being a contender."

How about "We were a complete dumpster fire on defense this year, which is a major indictment of our effort, especially mine, given the physical gifts I have at the center position.  Really, there's just no excuse at all for how horrible we were on defense."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 12:22:33 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7

How about "We were a complete dumpster fire on defense this year, which is a major indictment of our effort, especially mine, given the physical gifts I have at the center position.  Really, there's just no excuse at all for how horrible we were on defense."

It's also an indictment of the team quitting on Karl, and his hyper-switching/fast pace philosophies which weren't working with this team

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 02:09:57 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Sounds like he may be a guy that might trust someones word a little too much.

I am sure they have filled his ears of all sorts of promises.

Yeah.

The fact that he's trusting Vlade Divac to surround him with a championship-caliber roster is a bigger indictment of what's between his ears than any of his alleged attitude problems.

He could be traded to a contender for pick and filler.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 02:11:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It's also an indictment of the team quitting on Karl, and his hyper-switching/fast pace philosophies which weren't working with this team
The Kings being as bad as they were is not ALL the coaches fault. The players and front office need to take some responsibility as well. The front office cant fire themselves or all 15 players so they fired Karl. He was a bad fit. But part of that bad fit is due to the players being the way they are and not being able to handle coaching. There is a reason Sactown has had a turnstyle at the coaching position. Its the players and in particularly Cousins fault for being a fairly uncoachable player in particular and group in general

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 02:14:11 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Didn't Aldridge say he wanted to be the best Blazer ever?

In the same way my first wive and I said "Til Death Do Us Part" and "For Better and For Worse"

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 02:23:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
I'm sure this will make Vlade smile.

So will Danny on the phone offering the number one or two pick in this year's draft.

Granted, I've expected a Butler trade to be much more likely this offseason than  a Cousins trade for some time now. I fully expect for Sacramento to hold onto Cousins until next trade deadline after one and a half more failed seasons, ultimately cutting their return for Cousins in half from what it could be this offseason.

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 02:30:40 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Still think he ends up in Boston this summer. It makes too much sense for him and for the team.

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

So will Danny on the phone offering the number one or two pick in this year's draft.

Granted, I've expected a Butler trade to be much more likely this offseason than  a Cousins trade for some time now. I fully expect for Sacramento to hold onto Cousins until next trade deadline after one and a half more failed seasons, ultimately cutting their return for Cousins in half from what it could be this offseason.

I guess it will be cool trading our 2018 first and whoever we get at 45 this year for him. Unfortunately, I am just not that patient.

I also love the 'glory days' comment. Dude, you mean when the team actually made the playoffs? I know I know, I kid - that was a fun team to watch with CWeb and Peja, but I think you need to at least play in the finals to have glory days.

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 02:35:36 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Feelings might not be completely mutual. According to Kurt Helin: "Kings willing to trade Demarcus Cousins because his moodiness bothers teammates"

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/726109238955634688

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 02:36:43 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

I guess it will be cool trading our 2018 first and whoever we get at 45 this year for him. Unfortunately, I am just not that patient.

I also love the 'glory days' comment. Dude, you mean when the team actually made the playoffs? I know I know, I kid - that was a fun team to watch with CWeb and Peja, but I think you need to at least play in the finals to have glory days.
1951!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 02:50:31 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)