Author Topic: Major changes ahead?  (Read 2197 times)

Major changes ahead?
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:06:19 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I am not really on the bandwagon of we have to get Durant. Would be nice, but I'm hoping Ainge does something different in ways and really builds off this. I wouldn't say anyone would be untouchable either.  He needs to develop, but Smart is the one guy on this team who should be the future imo.  We could build with him at pg or do whatever. Isaiah is still undersized at the pg spot and can score, but I'm not sold on him there. It's not really his fault we lost or anyones, I'm just trying to think outside the box a bit.

Re: Major changes ahead?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:20:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Major changes aside from the core group of Isaiah, Crowder, Smart. 

Yeah, I hope so.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
KO, crowder, smart, it, AB are staying imo unless we trade for a much better player

The rest = ????

Danny prob doesn't even know .  things will start to make more sense after the draft positions are established

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I feel like IT is Ainge's binky in ways when he is basically maximizing his potential here.   We need to be able to score  and Smart isnt exactly that right now but I feel like we need talent at other positions.  I don't think IT or Crowder are the end all be all is what I'm saying.  We could trade them for a piece somewhere else and draft someone and I'd be alright with that. I feel like Smart should be the future at guard in ways. Tough for a 3rd year player though.  Ainge did it with Rondo though.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219

Yeah, I hope so.

Exactly. Those are the only three players I care about keeping. Especially, especially Smart. Everyone else should be expendable.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:27:16 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
For IT to be successful we need more shooting.  KO would be great, but we need a good defensive C who can rebound to play with him.  Crowder is a really good player, but he doesn't shoot well enough to stretch the floor although he could develop.  Turner is great for the regular season but his cold shooting of 2's and inability to hit threes at all (though to his credit he kept trying, over.... and over... and over) kills us when you add in all the other poor shooting.  We could live with Smart offensively because his defense is great, but combined with a bunch of non shooters his lack of shooting is really magnified. 

But all of that together was just too much to overcome.  Which is why, we need shooting.  Preferably shooting that can rebound above their position to either help Olynyk stay on the floor or if they play the same position, kick him off.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think it could be a $ issue. IT, AB and Crowder are on good contracts they won't be traded unless in a package for a star. I dont see any star on the block in offseason. The team also won 48 games and has a ton of cap but everyone has cap. Still one decent signing or leap from a young player and it gets them to 50 wins and home court so they can't blow things up. I'm looking at DA getting a replacement for Turner/back up to Crowder as well as investing most his draft picks on bigs. I'm hoping for
Simmons nets pick
Lab 16, 35 and 45,
Stone 23 and 51,
Zubac/Zizic 31,
Warney 58

Trade Young or Hunter for Ariza to be backup for Crowder. Houston wants to dump $.

IT/Smart/Rozier
AB/Hunter
Crowder/Ariza/JJ
KO/Simmons/Mickey
AJ/Lab/Stone/Warney
Stash the 31 Euro player.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 12:21:36 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 01:25:11 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35

Yeah, I hope so.

Agree. I would also include Avery Bradley as part of our "core" group of players. He's an elite defender with decent offensive abilities. I hope Danny decides to keep him. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:20:05 PM by Celtic_Pride777 »

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 01:42:24 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
The first major change I want to see is Sullinger packing his bags and walking out the door. I am not overpaying this useless fat kid.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I hope so. Two years of this group is enough. I want to see some better talent here.

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
I agree with everone here. Yeah there will be changes. The 4 and 5. Howard? If we just overpay to get him, sure it sucks long term when he is old, but we would lose no trade chips to get him. I bet Ainge makes a max offer to him.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 05:31:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Don't rule out anything.  If trading every single player and asset for a guy like DeAndre Jordan would guarantee signing Kevin Durant and another star (like Derozan), I think Ainge would do it.   Ainge has proven he has a healthy respect for the need of a superstar.   We could see small additions and hope for the best with our picks, but I think the team will (and should) do everything possible to put itself in position to add KD at any cost.  Filling out the rest of the roster with role players is the easy part.  Nabbing that franchise player is the part that is extremely difficult.

Ideally, we just sign him outright with minimal changes.  But it's up to Durant, really. 

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 05:36:51 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Yeah, I hope so.

All of the guys on team friendly contracts are staying, in my view.  That means:  IT, Crowder, AB, Smart, KO, and the rookies.

My guess is they will pickup Jerebko who looks like a steal for $6M after his contributions against Atlanta.  He gives the roster flexibility, which we desperately need.

They will extend Sully the qualifying offer and let him test the market.  I can't see them matching anything over $10M for him.  I think he might get that,  and so it's 60/40 that he leaves/he stays.

Amir is a tough one.  When the Cs were at their best he was a big reason why, but he can't play a ton of minutes.  For him it really depends on who we have a chance to get in Free Agency.  If we get another expensive big, Amir is gone.  But that will have to be someone like Horford.

Unfortunately Evan Turner is probably gone.  I think he has played his way into a nice contract and I could totally see a contender opening up the purse strings for him.  He fits on a lot of teams they way the NBA is moving right now.  I think a Crowder-like deal could keep him here (say, 3 years, $27M, with an option for a 4th).  But I also think someone is going to offer him $10M or more.

Zeller is interesting.  It's almost like the Cs benched him all season to ruin market value.  He is relatively young and I think they can retain him cheap.  He is actually a really decent backup C and when paired with the right guards can be a dangerous offensive weapon.  I like him but only at a cheap price.  If he gets more than $5M offered I would pack his bags.

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 05:58:57 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I feel like IT is Ainge's binky in ways when he is basically maximizing his potential here.   We need to be able to score  and Smart isnt exactly that right now but I feel like we need talent at other positions.  I don't think IT or Crowder are the end all be all is what I'm saying.  We could trade them for a piece somewhere else and draft someone and I'd be alright with that. I feel like Smart should be the future at guard in ways. Tough for a 3rd year player though.  Ainge did it with Rondo though.

The fact that IT is representing the team at the lottery tells me he isn't being traded. DA is placing him as the face of the current team.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet