Author Topic: Sounds like the players know it's going to be a busy summer  (Read 4561 times)

Re: Sounds like the players know it's going to be a busy summer
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 06:11:10 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Nobody on the team is untouchable.  The consensus seems to be that Ainge will swing hard for a superstar home run and it will likely cost us the juicy picks and guys we love like Crowder, Bradley and Smart.    I wouldn't be surprised to see a dramatically different team next year.  But really, trades aren't our only avenue for improvement.  We'll be big players in free agency and we could finally get lucky in the draft Lottery.   I fully expect to see a better team next year.   Ainge knows what he's doing.

We've generally been lucky to have a pretty good drafter in Danny Ainge whose picks generally outperfrom their position (GENERALLY)

Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 06:48:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Release Sully today.  See where the Brooklyn pick lands.   Then pursue a star via trade or free agency.   We could have won this series with another scorer.   Sign some bigs that do not break down, can stay in shape and play on both ends of the floor.

Two things I want to see happen with the rookies.   Get Mickey in the weight room this summer, RJ Hunter shooting 500 shots a day for starters.

I think Marcus needs to be on the 500 shots a day plan too and Crowder once his ankle heals.

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 07:10:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Let Sullinger go........no need to dwell on it ...hopeless case.

Read KO the riot act about ...manning up in the NBA ...or trade him

Repair AB for the 23 rd time or trade him in a package for Butler

Smart and Hunter need to be in the gym shooting till they drop.

Dump Zeller ......too slow and another worthless 7 ft defensive statue

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 09:04:48 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I expect very little roster turnover. 

Ainge may only want to add one, maybe two guys to this core.   Keep it going.

You mean so they can max out as the Hawks or Memphis for the next 8 years?

I'd take being the Grizzlies in the East. They went to the WCF in 2013 after beating the Clippers and Thunder after a first round exit in 2012. 2014 first round exit followed by 2nd round in 2015.

Again that's in the Western conference as a team that was best on defense going against the best offensive teams in the league.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)