Poll

Which Celtics player exceeded your expectations the most this season?

Isaiah
6 (22.2%)
Crowder
12 (44.4%)
AB
3 (11.1%)
Turner
6 (22.2%)
Other (name him)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Which Celtics player exceeded your expectations the most this season?  (Read 3051 times)

Re: Which Celtics player exceeded your expectations the most this season?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 06:53:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Crowder, for the most part was a pleasant surprise for most of the season.

Sullinger put in a decent contract-year effort other than ****ting the bed against Atlanta, but ultimately I just don't think he's worth the $10M he'll likely command. We have better things to use cap space on. Likewise, Zeller is probably going to get paid, but not in Boston.

He was terrible since 3/20 take a look at these stats.  Clear decline, since that day with 2-3 decent games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6624/jared-sullinger

Maybe watch more than the playoffs because he stunk to high heck all April?  I think your right he is not worth 10M, I would not pay him more than 4M, with a weight clause.

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 07:01:48 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I expected the results of Crowder, Smart, Turner, AB, Sully and KO which they all progress in their own way during the season.
But IT exceeded my expectations. He literally carried this team the entire season. He improved his offense with new moves, he improves his assists and he improved his defense (he hustle on rebounds and even try to block big guys lol). I'll never thought he would score 42pts in a playoff game, specially vs Atlanta.
Way to go THE LITTLE GUY !

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 08:37:37 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
For me it's IT. I didn't think he could lead this team the way he did night in and night out, congrats to him.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 08:53:13 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think all of them made significant improvements throughout the year

IT - improved offense, improved assist/TO ratio, not forcing passes. Really took on the starting role and ran with it

Crowder - improved all around game, Improved 3 (aside from his playoff performance which I think he gets a pass from his high ankle sprain)

Turner - someone I have been noticing for long. Very much improved game on the bench in scoring, rebounding and assist. His TO went down and not forcing things as much as he did last season. Definitely 6th man worthy imo. Someone whom I want to keep

Bradley - 3 pointer has always been there, but his ball handling has significantly improved. Something I have been criticizing him for a long time. I used to HATE him with the ball.

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 09:01:01 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I voted Thomas. I was on the "he's a 6th man" wagon pretty hard and I was wrong. He made the all star team and showed a consistent ability to score and lead a team. I don't think he'll ever be the best player on a playoff team but with the right squad I think he could be a terrific #2 on a Champion.

This could easily have been Crowder, though, who improved a ton.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Crowder and to a lesser extent AB.

We kinda knew IT would be the best player whether he started or was a super 6th man so his great impact this season was more expected than surprising to me.

I think Danny took a chance on Crowder based on the few games he was a Celtic and it paid off very well.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 09:10:27 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Season:  IT
Post Season: JJ

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 09:12:30 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
don't want to start another thread, but I just wanna piggy back ride this one

Do we want to re-sign Turner. I want to vote yes. He wants to get paid, no doubt, so I am willing to offer him a bit over for what other team offers him. I sure hope he gives us a discount but I doubt he will.

"I want to get a decent amount of money, you know what I'm saying? But at the same time the fit is going to be huge and the opportunity to play on a winning team. I have played on sh-- teams a couple times and it's never fun. But obviously the fit, the opportunity to play, and the opportunity to progress and win."

He FITS this team, especially on the 2nd unit. And he hasn't been playing on a lot of teams, so I guess he's calling out the 76ers and Indiana LOL.