Author Topic: Amidst the pessimism...  (Read 1233 times)

Amidst the pessimism...
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:50:46 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Amidst the pessimism.. I'd just like to say thank you to this team for a hell of a ride this year. I can't help but notice all of these doom and gloom threads about who disappointed the most and how we lack talent without thinking that this team deserves more. We weren't supposed to make it to 6 with the injuries we had and yet we have Atlanta a fight and showed them heart and passion neither their team not their fans were expecting. Props to them for a good series and a good fight.

And we're just going to get better. With a promising offseason ahead of us and tons of money to spend, who knows how far this team will go?

Anyways, just felt this was necessary amongst all the depression on board here. Thank you Celtics.

Re: Amidst the pessimism...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 10:51:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We should be much better next year.  Don't stress it.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:24 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
The roster hardly changed and the team improved.  Good year.  Changes to come.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:07 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
We should be much better next year.  Don't stress it.
TP. We're going to be a lot better.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 10:56:07 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It's too bad that Bradley, Crowder, and Olynyk got injured.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »

Offline HuskerCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
We have over achieved with Steven's, a superstar HC. Better things to come.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 11:22:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Was a fun season. Likeable team. Next year needs to be better.  Status quo plus a top pick isn't good enough.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:34:09 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
TP all around, let's get it next season!

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 09:07:20 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
there has seen some real magic this year by celtics defence, while isaiah defied logic offensively and jerebko the  team player did his job
-at my age with health problem and a 5hr time difference my wife wouldn't let me watch the game live-so its watch the replay time
these guys helped me through some tough times during my recovery from serious illness

many years ago there were a bunch of us that went to finish line of boston marathon hours after race had ended, not to mock those that finished late but to appauld their drive to complete the marathon
the unathletic,the old,the injured the handicapped-we applauded them not the sleek trained athletes that ran the marathon with ease
but the unathletic,injured  or disadvantaged-
i lie here a humbled celtics fan applauding their comraderie and team effort
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:27:15 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 09:24:45 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
IT, Avery and Crowder are legitimate starters.  Turner is a great 6th man.  Smart has game-changing defensive ability.

Those first three are all undersized.  Turner has a low BB IQ.  Smart can't throw it in the ocean.  Our bigs were hugely disappointing to the point where Stevens clearly had ZERO confidence in any of them.

Stevens erased any doubts about his coaching ability and Danny is proven as one of the best GMs in the league.

If we didn't have all the assets Ainge has acquired, pessimism would be warranted.  As it is, the only thing that should dampen optimism is the question of whether this is going to become a title-contender or just a very good team.

Mike

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 09:35:34 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
We suck. I'm rooting for the Supersonics next year.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
We suck. I'm rooting for the Supersonics next year.

Close call between them and the Bobcats
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Yeah, I'm not all that worried.  Had things shaken out slightly differently with seeding and homecourt advantage in the whole four way tie scenario, I think we may have made it to the second round.  But even in that scenario, we likely weren't going to the ECF and certainly weren't going to get past Cleveland.  So I don't consider this to be a big deal. 

In some ways, I almost watched these playoffs like the summer league/preseason: as a teaser of things to come when some other pieces are added. 

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 09:49:39 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
How much pessimism is really out there?

It's near impossible to look at the Celtics and not think the future is bright & see improvement for next season.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 09:54:08 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
there has seen some real magic this year by celtics defence, while isaiah defied logic offensively and jerebko the  team player did his job
-at my age with health problem and a 5hr time difference my wife wouldn't let me watch the game live-so its watch the replay time
these guys helped me through some tough times during my recovery from serious illness

many years ago there were a bunch of us that went to finish line of boston marathon hours after race had ended, not to mock those that finished late but to appauld their drive to complete the marathon
the unathletic,the old,the injured the handicapped-we applauded them not the sleek trained athletes that ran the marathon with ease
but the unathletic,injured  or disadvantaged-
i lie here a humbled celtics fan applauding their comraderie and team effort

TP rollie, your post really got to me. So many fans will stand here and rip apart what these celtics have done. They aren't lebron james, they haven't been given the manifest destiny to own the league one day. Our roster is full of people who had to give it everything they had just to get to this point. We should be applauding that they have given their heart for this team. We can't really ask them for much more. This team makes me proud to  call myself a celtics fan.

Go celtics!
#JKJB