Author Topic: Congrats to the 2015 Boston Celtics for a great season  (Read 1608 times)

Congrats to the 2015 Boston Celtics for a great season
« on: April 28, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Hey, no one expected us to be here. The guys fought hard all season. No need to down the guys, they played hard. Some more then otheres. Unfortunately we had our share of late injuries that hurt the team. I knew we would have a good team n good season this year the moment we took Golden State into overtime in the first meeting early in the season. Let's give it up for the group guys. They gave us something to look forward to during this rebuilding phase. Coach Brad Stevens u are the best in my book and I can't wait to see what u can do with top talent next year. U did the best u could with this group. Isaiah, your a beast. Little 5'9 at the point. U showed the NBA your foreal n I hope the brass builds around you cause I'd love to see what you can do with a loaded roster around you. Bradley man u got hurt but you had top ten players on their heals all year great team effort. Hope your back but if not man thank you for your effort. Crowder you almost had me thinking of Paul Pierce this season. I think you will do great next year n get healthy. Smart your a defensive genius. I hope your back next year and I'm looking forward to seeing you develop into a star in this league. Amir you fought hard and maybe you should of got more minutes this year but good luck in the off season. Kelly keep up with your development. You showed pro.use this season. Jereko thank you for stepping up when we needed you to. Turner you showed me that your energy level is high. You impressed me a lot during the season. Good luck in the off season. Roizer, Young, Mickey you guys were watching a organisation taking form. If you guys play hard you will be a big part of this teams future. Don't give up. Congrats to the Boston Celtics as a team for being that hard little scrappy team we grew to love this season. You guys deserve a round of applause for a hard fought season. I love my Boston Celtics. May we have the best off season in the history of the NBA and bring home that title next year. Keep your heads up because we weren't supose to be here. 👍👍👍

Re: Congrats to the 2015 Boston Celtics for a great season
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 10:37:02 PM »

Offline green2k16

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
well i actually thought we'd win a playoff series this year. i really really did. losing avery certainly changed my mind, and so did matching up with atlanta. but 2 months ago if someone asked you what would happen in the playoffs, i think most of us wouldve said a playoff win

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 10:49:30 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Yeah it sucks but its OK. Give it up to the Atlanta Hawks, they been doing this for a few years now. Our time will come. We will be back in this playoff race next year and in a few years, we will be the experienced group. Teams will be looking up at us. Let's think of the good that will come out of this. Our offseason will be awesome. Let's take it to the next level...

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 10:50:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

NBA season finished for me.  Looking fwd to the offseason.  Hoping for some luck and to move up to one of the 1st slots for draft night

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 10:51:18 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Next season can be huge.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 10:58:50 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
It sucks to have another early out, eliminated at home again too, no less. But this has been a fun season. There has been huge improvements for a lot of the players: IT, Jae, AB, KO, and even Smart to a certain extent. We had an all star this year. Broke GSW's home win streak, took them to the brink before that too. 

Honestly, given how the season series has gone, I expected a loss. I actually expected a healthy team to lose in 7, so for a team to be missing AB (and have Jae and KO hurt) to lose in 6, is close to my expectations.

It is unfortunate that people will remember this series for our poor shooting percentage (and possible the play of Atlanta's role players) and not the injuries.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
still a great season in my opinion. BS has 2 years of playoff experience in his belt, 2 wins with a slightly improved roster. Not the best, but I'm sure Danny can improve this team further this offseaosn. I'm not talking about KD, it'll be great if we can sign a superstar, but regardless, even if we don't, I don't think Danny will stop. He'll at least make a few moves or two to improve this team

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
This team is well positioned to be a juggernaut for the next five years.  Forget about Banner 18, we could very well be looking at multiple banners during that time frame.

Our fans are so great and loyal...the best is yet to come gang, believe it!

Rak

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 11:36:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
TP, it was a good, though not great season.  A lot of good individual plays and wins, but ultimately falling short to a more experienced, more talented team.  It wasn't quite as big a step toward contention as I'd've liked, but it was still a step forward.  Next ~10 weeks will be huge in determining the next 5-10 years of the franchise.  Now it's time to start wishing on Ping-Pong balls.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 11:53:26 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
TP, it was a good, though not great season.  A lot of good individual plays and wins, but ultimately falling short to a more experienced, more talented team.  It wasn't quite as big a step toward contention as I'd've liked, but it was still a step forward.  Next ~10 weeks will be huge in determining the next 5-10 years of the franchise.  Now it's time to start wishing on Ping-Pong balls.
Definitely agree with that. But I still think with a healthy Bradley and Crowder they could have gotten past the Hawks.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 11:55:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I agree with FWF.  Good, not great.

They won 8 more games in the regular season and 2 more games in the playoffs.

Overall, better than what I expected given how last off-season went.

I really hope this off-season is more exciting than last year.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 12:09:10 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Definitely agree with that. But I still think with a healthy Bradley and Crowder they could have gotten past the Hawks.

I think we could've had a real shot, though to be fair they were dominant in 1 win, ultra-dominant in 2, and dominant til they gave up a run in the other.  It wasn't as close as 4-2 implies.  But those guys at full strength really gave us a new level, and Crowder in particular was basically irreplacable.

...but in the meantime, done is done.  Let's all watch this a few hundred more times as we move a tiny bit closer to October:

http://i.giphy.com/BvTWVhVaGq0YE.gif

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 12:32:40 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I think we could've had a real shot, though to be fair they were dominant in 1 win, ultra-dominant in 2, and dominant til they gave up a run in the other.  It wasn't as close as 4-2 implies.  But those guys at full strength really gave us a new level, and Crowder in particular was basically irreplacable.

...but in the meantime, done is done.  Let's all watch this a few hundred more times as we move a tiny bit closer to October:

http://i.giphy.com/BvTWVhVaGq0YE.gif

Seeing Isaiah not get triple teamed at the 3 point line is so nice.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2016, 06:31:00 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It was the most fun season in years. Good job, guys!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 06:47:57 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I have had so much fun watching this group. You can see how much love they have for each other. It was painful watching some of the postgame interviews, they know that change is likely this summer.
We should all be proud of what this team has achieved, they've given us more to cheer in what was meant to be a rebuild than we could have imagined, we are incredibly well positioned for the next few years and most importantly these guys are all still young, they will get better.

Next year these guys are going to come back hungrier than ever. Hopefully we add a key piece through trade/draft/FA and can take the next step.

I really want to see Turner come back, obviously there's a lot of variables but that guy wants to be here so bad. Watching his postgame interview almost had me in tears, to me it felt like his answers were trying to prepare himself not to be let down if we part ways. He's been such a key part of our success, I'd love to see how we can develop further with him in the fold