Poll

Which Celtics player disappointed the most this postseason?

Crowder
7 (18.4%)
Turner
1 (2.6%)
Sullinger
26 (68.4%)
Olynyk
2 (5.3%)
Other (name him)
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Which Celtics player disappointed the most this postseason?  (Read 3810 times)

Re: Which Celtics player disappointed the most this postseason?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 06:18:59 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
James Young. he couldn't make the floor even in our dire straits. So much for the scorer we drafted
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 06:29:42 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sully sucked the most. Crowder was most disappointing, because he's much, much better than he played. He was hurt by injuries, though. Sully is just a 6'9" bag of lard.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 06:35:36 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Crowder was injured and Sully is fat and a bad match up vs Atlanta.
The only one player who disappointed me was Turner. He played well the entire series.
BUT I had bigger expectation from him, specially after Atlanta defend on IT.
Turner love big moments and I thought he would kill Atlanta for a couple of games at least.
That didn't happen, I'm still wondering why. That's not the Evan Turner we know of.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 06:43:59 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Sully ...overall readiness to be an NBA player for the long run ..fail......he should have been lean and at his best ......instead he appeared to be heavier than ever ....zero lift.  Sully was not nursing injuries as in past seasons .

He just ate his way out of a big pay check

KO........way too soft to be an NBA player

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 06:44:45 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Sullinger by far, hopefully, this is the last we will ever see him wear the green.   I think he should replace    Adam Richman in Man vs. Food.

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 06:46:09 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I mean, Crowder was obviously hurting so he falls out of this conversation for me. Kelly has shown once again his soft side, the amount of rust he gets after being out for a game or two is staggering.

Sully wins this one by a landslide, no competition, hands down. Tee worst part is that a month ago we beat the GSW and he was spectacular, i really thought he turned the script and started to play with consistency. Not only has he lost his job in the middle of the playoffs, but he completely fell out of rotation, being given mercy minutes by CBS. And from an eye test, it seems that he gained 20 lbs in the last month, he is just unfit to play in the NBA. a couple of days ago, i saw some Paul Pierce highlights and I saw Sully in his rookie season, at time when his weight and conditioning was questioned, this sully has at least 40 lbs on the rookie.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 07:03:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Sully wins this one by a landslide, no competition, hands down. Tee worst part is that a month ago we beat the GSW and he was spectacular, i really thought he turned the script and started to play with consistency. Not only has he lost his job in the middle of the playoffs, but he completely fell out of rotation, being given mercy minutes by CBS. And from an eye test, it seems that he gained 20 lbs in the last month, he is just unfit to play in the NBA. a couple of days ago, i saw some Paul Pierce highlights and I saw Sully in his rookie season, at time when his weight and conditioning was questioned, this sully has at least 40 lbs on the rookie.

It is getting to the point where he has more potential as a Michelin Man, than a pro-basketball player.

Perhaps a before model?

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 07:15:47 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We just had four guys just fall off a cliff .

Zeller should be sitting beside Sully in the Taxi on the way out of town

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 07:27:20 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Most of you were praising Sully the entire season. I agree he had a good (contract) season.
Now you all throw him under the bus for 1 bad match up playoff from him.

As far as I'm concerned, I gave Sully his last chance last summer and he didn't respond. That was it. I moved on. This season never changed my mind and vs Atlanta I didn't expect him to do anything, expect grabbing defensive rebounds.

So, how did someone who make you hope for 4 years he will lose weight, somehow still manage to disappoint you?

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 07:41:01 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I think it was Zeller, I had high hopes.
Wanted a double-double, got played for a dope.

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 07:44:29 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
Most of you were praising Sully the entire season. I agree he had a good (contract) season.

As far as I'm concerned, I gave Sully his last chance last summer and he didn't respond. That was it. I moved on. This season never changed my mind and vs Atlanta I didn't expect him to do anything, expect grabbing defensive rebounds.

So, how did someone who make you hope for 4 years he will lose weight, somehow still manage to disappoint you?

I have always been a harsh critic  of him but I wanted to team to do well.   I have always thought that he was fool's gold but I hate being right on this one.   I am ready to move on and see the end of the Sullinger era.

I think it was Zeller, I had high hopes.
Wanted a double-double, got played for a dope.

Zeller played well last night but really did not have much of chance.

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 07:53:39 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
Crowder absolutely killed us. The fact that he said he was only 75% healthy p---ed me off to no end. No place for that.

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 08:03:39 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Crowder absolutely killed us. The fact that he said he was only 75% healthy p---ed me off to no end. No place for that.

No place for what?

Playing through injury?

Struggling due to it?

Or talking about it after the series?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

He did have a good season, that's why we praised him. I'd still pay him $10m/yr on a 3 year deal. He's a great rebounder and has come on leaps and bounds as a defender. It doesn't look like he will develop into an offensive force like some of us hoped but he's easily rotation material. It would be good if he could lose more weight as it would increase his ceiling but based off of this season's production he is worth $10m/yr.

However I see another team topping that offer and I think that's why he walks.It's easy to see a team pay $15m/yr for him, he has the potential to be much better in a year or two. Maybe he needs a change of scenery to realise the need for that improvement

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 08:43:09 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Sully by far but in the same breath was predictable. The league is going with more versatile, faster, better shooting players and fat boy doesn't fit in any of those.