Author Topic: Crowder is the reason we're so bad in these playoffs  (Read 2701 times)

Re: Crowder is the reason we're so bad in these playoffs
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 08:43:08 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I love everything about Crowder, but he was HORRIBLE. He kept taking shots and you knew each one he took was not going in. He has almost trained me to think that he has always been this bad. I know he will work on his game and come back strong after the summer, but this was brutal.

Combine that with Sully's stellar play and AB's injury and we basically lost 60% of our starting line-up that won us 48 games.

Time to put this all behind us and see what Danny can do this summer.

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 08:44:39 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I love everything about Crowder, but he was HORRIBLE. He kept taking shots and you knew each one he took was not going in. He has almost trained me to think that he has always been this bad. I know he will work on his game and come back strong after the summer, but this was brutal.

Combine that with Sully's stellar play and AB's injury and we basically lost 60% of our starting line-up that won us 48 games.

Time to put this all behind us and see what Danny can do this summer.

Yea I'm with you 100%.

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 09:00:19 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Crowder hurt his ankle in January. It's now the Summer. If you watch him run and play D, he's basically 100% healthy.

I hate that we give him the injury excuse... The real problem is that he just isn't good enough.
Where did you come up with January? He missed 8 games in March with the ankle injury and never really looked the same after he came back.

This. He was out for about 3 weeks? Probably came back too early. Lost all his rhythm and confidence in his shot. He also couldn't move laterally like before, got beat too many times.

Also it's spring, not summer. :) 

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 09:02:58 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Also it's spring, not summer. :)

Or, if you live in Maine, Extended Winter.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 09:04:29 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 906
Basically guys who will be gone this summer:

Sully, Zeller, Olynyk, Turner, Crowder, Young.

Goodbye!

I was at the game last night and was watching him. There's no way that guy wasn't playing hurt. He was moving very, very gingerly (for a basketball player). He got a nice ovation after fouling out and deserved it. Yeah, he played poorly, but he did it on one leg. No shame there.

Turner was awful. There's simply no other way to phrase it. But he performed for us all season. I'm not letting him go so quickly.

Biggest disappointment was Sully: Slow and overweight. Look, I've struggled with weight my entire adult life. We all know the way to lose weight, but it's easier said than done. Having said that, I'm not playing professional sports for millions of dollars per year (and in a contract year). Dude was out of it.

Other funny stuff that happened last night:

LeGarrette Blount and a few of the other Pats were sitting on the floor, about five rows in front of me. Fans kept trying to sneak past the guards to meet him. The guards were having none of it. I haven't seen a fan get this much attention since the game last year where they kept showing a guy who looks like Tupac on the Jumbotron. The Celtics were so bad that game that the crowd went wild whenever they showed him and started chanting, "Let's go Tupac!"

Unfortunate fan of the game: Right before the end of the first half, the cameras were scanning the crowd and showing everyone on the Jumbotron. They happened to stop on a group of fans, one of whom was a woman jumping up and down so wildly that her untucked shirt bounced all the way up to her neck. The whole crowd just went, "Ohhhh..." I don't think she even knew, since it was clearly unintentional. Poor woman. :(

During the second quarter, Kent Bazemore fell into the crowd. While walking back to the court, h intentionally went the long way so he could high-five a fan wearing a "Bazemore" shirt. One of the Celtics fans shouted, "Yeah, that was the only Bazemore shirt they ever sold."

The most popular shirt in the Garden last night was not a Celtics player shirt, but rather, a simple white T-shirt with the words "Goodell's a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline." on it. Vendors were selling them outside the Garden for $10.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 09:08:45 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Crowder hurt his ankle in January. It's now the Summer. If you watch him run and play D, he's basically 100% healthy.

I hate that we give him the injury excuse... The real problem is that he just isn't good enough.
Where did you come up with January? He missed 8 games in March with the ankle injury and never really looked the same after he came back.

It's summer??

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 09:17:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

It's summer??

I thought it was still winter?

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 09:33:20 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
I'm too frustrated to read all the dumbass butt-hurt commentary about this series so I'll just ask here:

Has anyone considered that ATL: play extremely good halfcourt defense, have 4 all-stars who are in their absolute prime (all of them), had home advantage, played no rookies, had no injuries, AND had to take 6 games to get through us.

Crowder wasn't great but please, you don't even need to "make excuses" to understand why our beloved Cs lost this series.

Everyone calm down and just hope we don't take Dwight Howard (and  secretly hope we get Boogie, sshhhh....)
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 05:54:15 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
We needed Jae to step up not step down. Not get injured. But, I think he knows that. I think he has a winners attitude. I think he will train all summer with Butler and come back better. This series loss is a good thing for Jae.

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
It's the ankle. You can come back from ankle injuries, but it takes a long time to get to 100%. We saw it with Smart last year. Good news is that Crowder has a full offseason to heal.

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 07:02:49 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
I'm too frustrated to read all the dumbass butt-hurt commentary about this series so I'll just ask here:

Has anyone considered that ATL: play extremely good halfcourt defense, have 4 all-stars who are in their absolute prime (all of them), had home advantage, played no rookies, had no injuries, AND had to take 6 games to get through us.

Crowder wasn't great but please, you don't even need to "make excuses" to understand why our beloved Cs lost this series.

Everyone calm down and just hope we don't take Dwight Howard (and  secretly hope we get Boogie, sshhhh....)

And my bandwagon Lakers friend think the Celtics have more talent than the Hawks, and called that an upset. SMH. Just Teague, Korver, Millsap, and Horford alone are very talented, and not even getting started with Bazemore, Schroeder, Hinrich, Scott. Hawks had HCA and they took advantage of it.

Celtics were heavily undermanned. But we took them to six games. The Hawks had no reason to lose this series. I don't get how the Hawks upset the Celtics. Seeding-wise? It was a 4-way tie to me, but talent-wise it has to be the Hawks.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 07:51:30 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
We needed everyone healthy and hitting outside shots to go beyond first round where we were seeded.  Crowder, Kelly and Avery hurt little if any chance.  Very proud of team.  Love to watch them

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 07:56:44 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

And my bandwagon Lakers friend think the Celtics have more talent than the Hawks, and called that an upset. SMH. Just Teague, Korver, Millsap, and Horford alone are very talented, and not even getting started with Bazemore, Schroeder, Hinrich, Scott. Hawks had HCA and they took advantage of it.

Celtics were heavily undermanned. But we took them to six games. The Hawks had no reason to lose this series. I don't get how the Hawks upset the Celtics. Seeding-wise? It was a 4-way tie to me, but talent-wise it has to be the Hawks.
Can one really be called a "bandwagon" lakers fan though?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 11:25:38 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987

Can one really be called a "bandwagon" lakers fan though?

He also likes the Warriors and Blazers, but since he lives in LA i'll classify him a Lakers fan but he sure looks like a big Warriors fan though lol. Even with the Steph Curry jersey!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 11:30:56 PM »

Offline Celtic_Pride777

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35

We had the same regular season record as they did