Author Topic: Whiteside/Bender/Durant Frontcourt  (Read 4718 times)

Re: Whiteside/Bender/Durant Frontcourt
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 11:20:32 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
One out of three ain't bad ...
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 01:16:54 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
With Bender's projection as a very good defender that can switch and block shots that could be a tremendous Defensive frontcourt for years to come.

Trouble with Bender is one has to use projections because the stats he has put up thus far, are poor against less than NBA competition.

Take a look at these:

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Dragan-Bender/Summary/41582

http://www.basketball-reference.com/euro/players/dragan-bender-1.html

Notice has his BPG have went down.  Also, not that he is not playing a lot of minutes or games.

My question to you is why?  Why doesn't produce more?   Why doesn't he play more?

Then tell me if you still want to take a chance on a projection that really has diminished in performance.  Convince, me I am listening....

Olynyk's standing reach is 9' even. So Bender would beat anyone on our team by 3"

Manute Bol had a great reach how did that work out for him.   Please KO played against NCAA players and was a star.   Bender is a benchwarmer in Israel.  You post his highlight but from those stat lines, there must be many more lowlights.

Celtics4, I would love to see him produce more.

Did you think Porzingis would look as great as he did in year one? I didn't. And then we have Ante Zizic   who produced really strong numbers in a better leauge and he is the #25 prospect while Bender in a top five pick.

With the Euros it can be scary and there is not a lot to see, however you can see the tools and size, Hes been the #1 prospect of a highly taughted class for years now. Have to trust the scouts here.

Thesr Euros are for real now, Scouting has advanced ten fold since the Dark days of Darko. Haha I made a funny!

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »

Offline Coast2Coast

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I'm not sold on Bender. I would love Durant and Whiteside though.

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 08:39:47 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Durant is NOT coming to Boston to play with that front court, especially a guy who didn't do squat overseas.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."