Author Topic: Jeremy Lin has player option, should C's sign him ?  (Read 3803 times)

Re: Jeremy Lin has player option, should C's sign him ?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 08:42:19 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I stand corrected.  I somehow forgot, along with Curt Schilling, what a politically correct world we live in.

The funny thing is is that some of you were bothered by this, yet I seriously doubt that Jeremy would be bother by it.

Smitty77

P.S. People often singled out Scally for his red hair and complexion, yet that was OK.  But, it is heinous to call Lin Asian.  I got it.

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 06:31:52 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
If we trade one of AB/ Smart , we are going to need some guard depth . He seems like a Stevens type of player to me . Much rather sign him than turner. Lin can do everything Turner can, plus the ability to shoot .

I would keep an eye on him if I am Danny .

You can't bash them for their flopping, we have the biggest flopper in the NBA in Smart
I do NOT want the Asian FLOPPER!!!!  Pass!!!  He literally makes Kemba look like a non-flopper:-)))

Smitty77

Not sure what his ethnic heritage has to do with anything...

You are correct, but any team thinking about signing him thinks about that due to one thing:  MONEY!!!!  You all simply canNOT deny that.

That was a joke, but I was NOT joking about his flopping.  Have any of you actually watched him play?  If so, how can you MISS seeing the consistent and embarrassing flopping??  What Whiteside said was the TRUTH about Charlotte.  They literally have two of the biggest floppers in the league in Kemba and Jeremy!!!

Smitty77
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 07:20:09 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
If we trade one of AB/ Smart , we are going to need some guard depth . He seems like a Stevens type of player to me . Much rather sign him than turner. Lin can do everything Turner can, plus the ability to shoot .

I would keep an eye on him if I am Danny .

I do NOT want the Asian FLOPPER!!!!  Pass!!!  He literally makes Kemba look like a non-flopper:-)))

Smitty77

Not sure what his ethnic heritage has to do with anything...

You are correct, but any team thinking about signing him thinks about that due to one thing:  MONEY!!!!  You all simply canNOT deny that.

That was a joke, but I was NOT joking about his flopping.  Have any of you actually watched him play?  If so, how can you MISS seeing the consistent and embarrassing flopping??  What Whiteside said was the TRUTH about Charlotte.  They literally have two of the biggest floppers in the league in Kemba and Jeremy!!!

Smitty77

http://youtu.be/KvaM0pMj-8o

Please watch this video. Lin regularly gets hammered with contact, a la LeBron and Pierce, with no foul calls at all. The only difference is that Lin is about 3" shorter and ~50 pounds lighter, and he cannot withstand the hammering while still playing like a roid-raging 6'8" 250lb LeBron.   

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 07:31:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
He'd be an upgrade on Turner.

But I'd prefer to let Turner go and fill that role with Smart / Rozier /  Nets pick.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 08:08:25 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
No.

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
The last thing we need is another guard who couldn't guard a chair. No thanks

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 08:29:12 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
He'd be an upgrade on Turner.

But I'd prefer to let Turner go and fill that role with Smart / Rozier /  Nets pick.
Yeah, Lin's 3pt% isn't quite strong enough to justify the change
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:52 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Wrong thread