Author Topic: Jeremy Lin has player option, should C's sign him ?  (Read 3808 times)

Jeremy Lin has player option, should C's sign him ?
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:10:01 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If we trade one of AB/ Smart , we are going to need some guard depth . He seems like a Stevens type of player to me . Much rather sign him than turner. Lin can do everything Turner can, plus the ability to shoot .

I would keep an eye on him if I am Danny .

Re: Jeremy Lin has player option, should C's sign him ?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 11:23:05 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
If we trade one of AB/ Smart , we are going to need some guard depth . He seems like a Stevens type of player to me . Much rather sign him than turner. Lin can do everything Turner can, plus the ability to shoot .

I do NOT want the Asian FLOPPER!!!!  Pass!!!  He literally makes Kemba look like a non-flopper:-)))

Smitty77

Not sure what his ethnic heritage has to do with anything...

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 11:31:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

I do NOT want the Asian FLOPPER!!!!  Pass!!!  He literally makes Kemba look like a non-flopper:-)))

Smitty77

Forreals. I want him for his skillset, team effort, and good locker room contribution. I don't care about his ethnic heritage like how I don't care about anyone else's in the league.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 11:47:16 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
If he's not expensive and we need a ball handler, sure. But I feel he's going to get overpaid this summer.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 12:59:22 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
If he's not expensive and we need a ball handler, sure. But I feel he's going to get overpaid this summer.

He is not leaving Charlotte anyway.They will give him 4yr 22m deal and he will stay.

Ah, NC: Trannies no... Asians maybe..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 01:16:35 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
He's a super rich man's backup point guard, good locker room guy, and also happened to go to school here. What's not to like (other than the fact that we're probably not spending any money that kills our double-max flexibility until 2017)

Great words from a great man

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 01:26:05 AM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
He's an Evan Turner type player in that he will give you a bit a good mixed in with a bit of bad. Don't know how much we'll like him here.

I can't lie though, the thought of him playing here has crossed my mind many times since he started making noise in Harvard. But depending on how well Charlotte going forward this offseason, his people will demand more money than he is worth to us. 

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 05:11:50 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 151
After watching Jeremy play his first Summer League game a few years ago I thought Danny should have targeted him. One of the knocks on him was his defense. Not sure if it's much better. Maybe that was his concern? He's playing well in Charlotte. So, isn't Courtney Lee.

Regardless, Danny passed on Courtney Lee...a 45% shooter 37% on 3's who could play defense. Not sure what Danny is looking for? He also passed on Humphries and Bass for Zeller and Mickey. Maybe in long term this was the better option?  Now he's looking to trade his picks for veterans. It's a confusing plan. 

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 07:21:36 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

He is not leaving Charlotte anyway.They will give him 4yr 22m deal and he will stay.

I think he has found a home. Rozier will grow over the summer. Smart also is growing as a playmaker. A Big is what we need.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 07:33:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Nope, I think he will want and has earned a big pay day.   We should get some front court help first.  Our platoons of guards is adequate.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 07:55:32 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
No. Aim higher and at different positions.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 08:10:19 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Would rather spend that money, if I had to, on Evan Turner.  But I do like Lin a lot.

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 08:16:20 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Smitty77

You are correct, but any team thinking about signing him thinks about that due to one thing:  MONEY!!!!  You all simply canNOT deny that.

That was a joke, but I was NOT joking about his flopping.  Have any of you actually watched him play?  If so, how can you MISS seeing the consistent and embarrassing flopping??  What Whiteside said was the TRUTH about Charlotte.  They literally have two of the biggest floppers in the league in Kemba and Jeremy!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 08:17:38 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

And there is NO WAY that around $6 million a year keeps Lin.  Do you realize the cap is increasing to $89 million.  It will take $8-10 million starting to keep him, especially now.

Smitty77

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 08:35:39 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Smitty77

You are correct, but any team thinking about signing him thinks about that due to one thing:  MONEY!!!!  You all simply canNOT deny that.

That was a joke, but I was NOT joking about his flopping.  Have any of you actually watched him play?  If so, how can you MISS seeing the consistent and embarrassing flopping??  What Whiteside said was the TRUTH about Charlotte.  They literally have two of the biggest floppers in the league in Kemba and Jeremy!!!

Smitty77

Get real, Smitty. I doubt you refer to Marcus Smart as the African American flopper.  It is not a joke.  It is inappropriate.  You can make your point without bringing up his ethnicity.