Author Topic: Hawks (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Round 1 Game 6 4/28/16  (Read 52572 times)

Re: Hawks (3-2) at Celtics (2-3) Round 1 Game 6 4/28/16
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2016, 11:50:50 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Watching Charlotte beat Miami in this game 5 has made me surprisingly upset.  Don't get me wrong, I'm always glad to see Miami lose, and Charlotte is a pretty easy team to root for...but man, that could've been us.

Like that could've been us right now going up 3-2 on Miami.  It's also frustrating to see Charlotte play like they did in game 5 and then compare that to how we played in our game 5?  It's like...why can't we do that?  And then I remember, oh that's right, we can't shoot.

Dude I feel you. I felt the exact same way when I saw the score. That SHOULD HAVE been us. Stupid tiebreaker rules. I bet neither of them could get 2 games against the Hawks.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 02:45:20 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Watching Charlotte beat Miami in this game 5 has made me surprisingly upset.  Don't get me wrong, I'm always glad to see Miami lose, and Charlotte is a pretty easy team to root for...but man, that could've been us.

Like that could've been us right now going up 3-2 on Miami.  It's also frustrating to see Charlotte play like they did in game 5 and then compare that to how we played in our game 5?  It's like...why can't we do that?  And then I remember, oh that's right, we can't shoot.

Dude I feel you. I felt the exact same way when I saw the score. That SHOULD HAVE been us. Stupid tiebreaker rules. I bet neither of them could get 2 games against the Hawks.

Sigh why did Boston had to mount that epic comeback, or why did the Hawks have to lose to the Wizards, or why does the NBA like to rig the tiebreaking system. SMH

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 07:37:37 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11842
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
TP for the thread man.

I honestly think that the celtics can pull out another close victory at home. They can just feed off that green energy. Hopefully smart has another good game, and we can probably count on IT also. My wildcard is that Jerebko will keep up his higher level of play, and that crowder finds the bucket a little more then he had been.

Get rid of sully the bum. I honestly can't think of any great sequences he's had this series (well that 3 from the top of the arc was cool,) but man he is bad.

Ahem, maybe you should read up on FLCeltsFan a bit more  ;) (Jeff had a great front page article a couple of weeks ago on her impressive dedication to our beloved Cs).

Great job once again FLC - hopefully you will have a lot more threads to create this season!

Sorry I kind of forget that not everybody refers to everybody as man. I kind of use it regardless of the gender connotation. My girlfriend has kinda just gotten used to when I call her man.

So I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect or anything.

I hate the Internet (and texts!) sometimes because there is no personality behind what one says (I tried with the wink face). Of course I know you meant no disrespect and I am sure FLC appreciates your kind words!

And don't worry, I am 36 and still call everyone dude - drives my mom crazy when I do it to her.

We are all on here for the same reason and let's hope for a positive result tomorrow night for the Cs.
No offense taken.  I appreciate the kind words from everyone and I don't mind being addressed as dude or man because it's the thoughts that count :)  We all love our Celtics and that's the important thing. 

I'm hoping for many more game threads this post season as well! 

Goooooooooo Celtics!!!!   

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!

Sigh why did Boston had to mount that epic comeback, or why did the Hawks have to lose to the Wizards, or why does the NBA like to rig the tiebreaking system. SMH
I thought I was the only one feeling a bit put out that we weren't playing the Heat.  Atlanta should have beaten the short handed Wizards in that last game.  But then there were games the Celtics should have won and it wouldn't have mattered.  But I know that if the Celtics played the Heat, especially with home court we'd be having a much different post season.   But then again,  the tougher competition is good experience for the young guys.    Go Celtics!!!! 

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2016, 02:25:13 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Just found out I'm going to the game tonight. Nosebleeds, but who cares. I'm pumped. Let's go Celtics!
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Give some credit to the Hornets.  They were the second best team in the East after the All-Star break.  When healthy this season they've been pretty excellent.

And yeah, they have their flaws, but they've got shooting.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 03:45:44 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
TP for the thread man.

I honestly think that the celtics can pull out another close victory at home. They can just feed off that green energy. Hopefully smart has another good game, and we can probably count on IT also. My wildcard is that Jerebko will keep up his higher level of play, and that crowder finds the bucket a little more then he had been.

Get rid of sully the bum. I honestly can't think of any great sequences he's had this series (well that 3 from the top of the arc was cool,) but man he is bad.

Ahem, maybe you should read up on FLCeltsFan a bit more  ;) (Jeff had a great front page article a couple of weeks ago on her impressive dedication to our beloved Cs).

Great job once again FLC - hopefully you will have a lot more threads to create this season!
i missed that. would you please provide a link? thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 03:46:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
This game is a must-win game for the Celtics.
what makes you think that?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2016, 03:56:31 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Anyone who is going to this game needs to scream as loud as they can. I went to game 4 and the Hawks looked visibly rattled. We are going to need the same thing to happen tonight.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 03:58:05 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
 Not game 7 yet but Tom Petty still sounds about right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0pAbCMXW7w

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2016, 04:04:40 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
TP for the thread man.

i missed that. would you please provide a link? thank you.

Here you go http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/4/5/11368510/high-five-with-flceltsfan-interviewing-a-celtics-blogging-legend

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2016, 04:09:24 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Just found out I'm going to the game tonight. Nosebleeds, but who cares. I'm pumped. Let's go Celtics!
Sat up there last year for a friend but never again. Good for you for not caring but nosebleeds suck.

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 04:11:40 PM »

Offline Smart457

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Anyone who is going to this game needs to scream as loud as they can. I went to game 4 and the Hawks looked visibly rattled. We are going to need the same thing to happen tonight.
yes please. I took the Cs +2 for 200.

Easy money.

Scream everyone.

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2016, 04:26:14 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Every game 6 win or go home always needs a little Right Now too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyGzPmgR1QY