Author Topic: Ford 7.0  (Read 12167 times)

Re: Ford 7.0
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
A lot of these guys are somewhat overhyped/underhyped.  Ainge has a knack for finding guys who are an enigma in ways.  Perk was that because he was so big and tough.  Hammons is big and tough but not as big and tough as perk.  Hammons reminds me more of a popovich guy that way.  Uthoff also chandler parsons doesn't come along every day. Guys like that could be solid players but they could also bust. 

Bradley was that too.   He's a role player but he does certain things at an elite level.  Draymond is so good because he does so much at close to that.  I think Ainge also drafted Bradley with Doc Rivers in mind.  I don't see a ton of those guys this draft but interesting players.   Same with Smart with his body type and defense.

I think Simmons and Jaylen Brown are the most like that this draft.  Bender is too.  Ingram is good and like that but more on a different level.  So is Hield.  What we need is talent though.  Simmons and Brown are it.  Bender is an unknown somewhat and a gamble but he's that too imo.

I am not a fan of Chad Ford for this reason.  It's interesting but he just does kind of go down the line of where players are being rated. He doesn't really take into account certain things.

Guys like Jackson also are good that way but are they Ainge type players?  Rozier was.  I think Ford had him going at the end of round 1. I don't really see Jackson that way though.  Sparkplug yes but he is limited.  He's different than Rozier.

I do see players Ainge might think Stevens would like. Much like he did with Bradley and Doc though.

But what we need is talent. It will be interesting what kind of players he drafts.  He could go for that elite level talent or he might do something different.

Or draft the likes of fab melo, Jame young =(

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2016, 02:27:40 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Always interesting to see what Ford has to say. Two weird things from my perspective:
-How can you take Ellenson over Poeltl? Is it because Ellenson might possibly one day develop a 3 point shot? Give me a defense-first center who also scores efficiently + prolifically in the paint any day over a maybe-stretch-4 who will be a liability on defense, and who doesn't score efficiently from anywhere.
-Guards who measure under 6'2 always get underrated, and Demetrius Jackson is the latest example. What people usually forget to mention is that he isn't just athletic, he's the most athletic player in the draft. He gets to the rim and draws fouls at will. He is also one of the best shooters in the class, he has good strength+length for his height, and his on-ball defense is excellent. How do you pass on him in the lottery?

I think 3. Murray 4. Dunn 5. Bender is reasonable, though if the C's are drafting 3 I think we need to take Bender.

Loco, good point on Ellenson/Poeltl, but Jackson is not the most athletic player in the Draft. That would be Jaylen Brown. He scores a 97 out of 100 on my unofficial/official eye test.

Athletically ID take Simmons over DJ as well, you have to factor in Big Ben's size 6'10" 240 pounds, and he's got a 40" vertical. That's amazing.

I would bet Simmons beats him in the 3/4 court sprint test coming up as well, Simmons can really move.

Brown is a freak of nature in his own right, and the comparison between guys of such different sizes is subjective.  But to my eye Jackson is the most athletic guard to enter the draft since Wall. Compared with Lavine he doesn't have that effortless bounce, but he's much stronger and more powerful.

Simmons has elite quickness for his size, but Jackson is going to embarass him in a short sprint or in a leaping competition.

There's a long history of freakishly athletic PG's developing surprisingly well in the NBA. That's why Ainge took Rozier at #16 (though I didn't love the pick). I think it's pure folly to pass on Jackson in the late lotto, and honestly I can see him going much earlier after teams see him work out.

Embarrass Simmons in a sprint? Or in a leaping competition? Wait. What? How much higher than 41" can Jackson jump?

Please post some tape of his most athletic moment, cause I'm not seeing what you are.

Tp for any good videos.

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Always interesting to see what Ford has to say. Two weird things from my perspective:
-How can you take Ellenson over Poeltl? Is it because Ellenson might possibly one day develop a 3 point shot? Give me a defense-first center who also scores efficiently + prolifically in the paint any day over a maybe-stretch-4 who will be a liability on defense, and who doesn't score efficiently from anywhere.
-Guards who measure under 6'2 always get underrated, and Demetrius Jackson is the latest example. What people usually forget to mention is that he isn't just athletic, he's the most athletic player in the draft. He gets to the rim and draws fouls at will. He is also one of the best shooters in the class, he has good strength+length for his height, and his on-ball defense is excellent. How do you pass on him in the lottery?

I think 3. Murray 4. Dunn 5. Bender is reasonable, though if the C's are drafting 3 I think we need to take Bender.

Loco, good point on Ellenson/Poeltl, but Jackson is not the most athletic player in the Draft. That would be Jaylen Brown. He scores a 97 out of 100 on my unofficial/official eye test.

Athletically ID take Simmons over DJ as well, you have to factor in Big Ben's size 6'10" 240 pounds, and he's got a 40" vertical. That's amazing.

I would bet Simmons beats him in the 3/4 court sprint test coming up as well, Simmons can really move.

Brown is a freak of nature in his own right, and the comparison between guys of such different sizes is subjective.  But to my eye Jackson is the most athletic guard to enter the draft since Wall. Compared with Lavine he doesn't have that effortless bounce, but he's much stronger and more powerful.

Simmons has elite quickness for his size, but Jackson is going to embarass him in a short sprint or in a leaping competition.

There's a long history of freakishly athletic PG's developing surprisingly well in the NBA. That's why Ainge took Rozier at #16 (though I didn't love the pick). I think it's pure folly to pass on Jackson in the late lotto, and honestly I can see him going much earlier after teams see him work out.

Embarrass Simmons in a sprint? Or in a leaping competition? Wait. What? How much higher than 41" can Jackson jump?

Please post some tape of his most athletic moment, cause I'm not seeing what you are.

Tp for any good videos.

Maybe "embarrass" is too strong, but he can reallllly climb the ladder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEaJ5zVRryI at 2:24

I never trust vertical jump numbers. Recall that Doug McDermott posted a higher max vert (36.5) at the combine than Blake Griffin did (35.5)... Simmons is a phenomenal athlete but his main strength is quickness/change of pace/first step rather than explosive leaping. Obviously his tools are overall much better than Jackson's - he's 9 inches taller. But DJ is way more likely to win a dunk contest.

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 06:48:23 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Demetrius Jackson looks really good loco but most athletic since wall? There have been a lot of athletic guards.  He has really good separation though and can can really get up though.  He sort of reminds me of a mini westbrook.  Won't be that good but sparkplug for sure.

Westbrook is much bigger and even more explosive than DJ. Similarly had questions about his ability to play PG coming out of college, and he had bigger questions about his shooting. I think Eric Bledsoe is the best comp - super explosive but not quite a candidate for greatest-athlete-of-all-time like Westbrook is, 6'1 with a good wingspan and a strong frame, good shooting ability, and unclear PG skills. If Jackson can develop into a great defender with solid PG skills like Bledsoe (and Westbrook) did, he'll be a steal in the late lotto.

I do think that DJ is the most athletic guard since Wall. Main competition is Lavine, but they have such different body types (Lavine so much skinnier) that it's hard to compare them.

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2016, 07:10:16 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Well crap.... ???

I thought this thread might have been about " Ford Trucks"  :)

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2016, 09:25:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Demetrius Jackson looks really good loco but most athletic since wall? There have been a lot of athletic guards.  He has really good separation though and can can really get up though.  He sort of reminds me of a mini westbrook.  Won't be that good but sparkplug for sure.

Westbrook is much bigger and even more explosive than DJ. Similarly had questions about his ability to play PG coming out of college, and he had bigger questions about his shooting. I think Eric Bledsoe is the best comp - super explosive but not quite a candidate for greatest-athlete-of-all-time like Westbrook is, 6'1 with a good wingspan and a strong frame, good shooting ability, and unclear PG skills. If Jackson can develop into a great defender with solid PG skills like Bledsoe (and Westbrook) did, he'll be a steal in the late lotto.

I do think that DJ is the most athletic guard since Wall. Main competition is Lavine, but they have such different body types (Lavine so much skinnier) that it's hard to compare them.

No way is he the mist athletic since Wall. Just admit Brown is a better athlete it's not close.

Terry Rozier is a better athlete than DJ. No doubt.

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 11:38:05 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Im glad luwawu is dropping so ainge possibly can steal him with one of the lower picks
I really like his physical stats and athleticism
although he needs to work on shot creating and offensive moves

not surprised bender is dropping
also not suprised murray is ranked above dunn and hield

Although with chad ford, he's big board is generally not accurate

The most trustworthy draft board I look at is draftexpress
Although they also do not account for team needs currently

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2016, 12:43:56 AM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
I am praying for Dunn. He has all the athletic ability you need. He can play defense and is unselfish. Is he rough around the edges? Yep but I think he has all-star ability. I would take him in a minute with the third pick. The argument that the C's have too many guards to draft Dunn makes no sense to me. Bring in talent at any position. This team does not have enough skill.

Most of the players on the roster are not championship type starters. Draft the best player...don't worry about having a roster full of average.

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2016, 12:53:18 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I am praying for Dunn. He has all the athletic ability you need. He can play defense and is unselfish. Is he rough around the edges? Yep but I think he has all-star ability. I would take him in a minute with the third pick. The argument that the C's have too many guards to draft Dunn makes no sense to me. Bring in talent at any position. This team does not have enough skill.

Most of the players on the roster are not championship type starters. Draft the best player...don't worry about having a roster full of average.

Ok...how is this guy with "all star ability" gonna get PT? Who do you suggest shipping out?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 01:49:01 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
I hope we use no picks. Trade em! All  picks from 2016 - 2018 (keep 1 or 2 2nd rounders) and get some legit players. Enough rolling the dice on rookies. Trading all those picks for 2 stars and a good player and we are a contender.

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2016, 02:35:53 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Remember this is how he ranks the players based on feedback from teams. It's not a mock where team needs are taken into consideration.
Mocks are pointless anyway until you know draft positioning.