Author Topic: Anyone try to move up today?  (Read 4684 times)

Anyone try to move up today?
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:38:59 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Today was my "move-up" window, where I could change seats if I wanted to. Wow, tough market. Balcony appeared to be sold out and there were only about 30 loge seats available to move into. At least the fans think that 2016-17 is going to be a good year!

Mike

Re: Anyone try to move up today?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Yeah not much available.  I would've moved into Loge 2 if I could afford it!  I think they're gonna make big splashes over the summer and would easily be able to make back that investment by selling some games, but not worth the risk.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 11:59:39 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I didn't get the invite!  :-\

Pretty sure I'm sticking to my seats anyway, but am curious to see what's available.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
I didn't get the invite!  :-\

Pretty sure I'm sticking to my seats anyway, but am curious to see what's available.

Check with your rep. I guess everyone has a different date, but you should have gotten a notice by now.

Mike

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 03:44:05 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Once somebody upgrades, I wonder how quickly their original tickets get added back into the pool? I'd assume its instantaneous?

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2016, 04:00:45 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Wish I lived in boston and was rich, I'd go to all the games. I used to go to a handfull of games each year- cheap seats- but you end up watching more of the game on the jumbo tron as it is easier to see. Kind of felt it was better to watch the games at home. Was lucky enough to go to a Cs game in Miami a few years ago, 2 or 3 rows off courtside. 10-20 meters away from Zo and 10-20 meters away from P-Diddy (I had no idea who he was, someone had to fill me in) Oh boy what a difference. I ruined me. So much better than TV. You can watch whatever detail you want to. You can yell things at players and they can hear you. I wore my tattered 1970s non-jersey Cs tanktop and was asked every quarter to preduce my ticket to prove I didn't sneak down, yelled at by heat fans constantly to sit down. It was great. I'm never going to another game live unless I can sit that close.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 08:30:01 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I've looked a few times today but haven't pulled the trigger yet.....currently have four seats in sec 309 for $23 a seat.....so unless I can move near center court balcony for a decent price then probably not going to happen!

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
Anyone else have any luck upgrading??

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 11:07:16 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Had my opportunity today. There was a pair that I wanted to upgrade to but missed my chance, somebody beat me to them. Would have been $40 more per game for the pair though so maybe its a good thing.
I wonder if more seats open up, there were definitely slim pickings as others had mentioned.

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 12:54:58 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Had my opportunity today. There was a pair that I wanted to upgrade to but missed my chance, somebody beat me to them. Would have been $40 more per game for the pair though so maybe its a good thing.
I wonder if more seats open up, there were definitely slim pickings as others had mentioned.

When I looked on Friday, there were exactly four seats available in the entire Garden. None were in the balconies, so I may not be being shown those. I was told 97% renewal rate.

It's been a good run, but it looks like it's coming to an end. By "good run," I mean the ability to get better seats at a lower price. Next year will be my fifth year and the first in which my ticket prices went up (even though my seats have been getting better). And even this year, my prices went up only about 6% (and are down >15% from when I first got them, in worse seats).

I have the occasional complaint but, overall, I think they've been great to their STHs. Hope it stays that way as we improve!

Mike

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 01:06:36 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

When I looked on Friday, there were exactly four seats available in the entire Garden. None were in the balconies, so I may not be being shown those. I was told 97% renewal rate.

It's been a good run, but it looks like it's coming to an end. By "good run," I mean the ability to get better seats at a lower price. Next year will be my fifth year and the first in which my ticket prices went up (even though my seats have been getting better). And even this year, my prices went up only about 6% (and are down >15% from when I first got them, in worse seats).

I have the occasional complaint but, overall, I think they've been great to their STHs. Hope it stays that way as we improve!

Mike

They are definitely rewarding existing STM's this year. Current prices for new members are more expensive then current STM rates. Full season packages are not much less per ticket then half season (in some cases half season cost is less per ticket).
They are also not offering new half season ticket packages.

I think they're definitely banking on some star firepower this offseason.

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
Yesterday I was finally able to move my four in 309 row 12 to 313 row 8 (right on the aisle)........pretty pumped to be that close to the sideline for a decent price point......Go C's!  8)

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 11:40:13 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Congrats! That's a huge move!

Mike