Author Topic: Wanted: efficient scorers/shooters  (Read 3567 times)

Re: Wanted: efficient scorers/shooters
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I know you don't like to hear it because Sabonis is your Mickey of the 2016 draft, but he's not a good defender and lacks range. We need guys that can spread the floor, plain and simple

You are misinformed bc Sabonis is anything but a weak overall defender. He is very underrated out to the perimeter. I suggest you watch the draft express scouting report on him and see for yourself. Or better yet get a hold of a couple of MM tourney games and see.   Guys were not blasting past him or pgs weren't either during pnr or switches

Also he can shoot.    74 percent at the ft line means exactly this.   If the system he plays in, needs him to post up/play inside exclusively and he doesn't get a chance to shoot the mid range , that is his fault??   If he can't shoot it  , so they have him play inside . that's a diff story. Again watch the draft express scouting video.

I like Sabonis a lot with the Dallas pick , or if we can move up with the dal/bos picks.

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 08:46:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 08:48:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I know you don't like to hear it because Sabonis is your Mickey of the 2016 draft, but he's not a good defender and lacks range. We need guys that can spread the floor, plain and simple

You are misinformed bc Sabonis is anything but a weak overall defender. He is very underrated out to the perimeter. I suggest you watch the draft express scouting report on him and see for yourself. Or better yet get a hold of a couple of MM tourney games and see.   Guys were not blasting past him or pgs weren't either during pnr or switches

Also he can shoot.    74 percent at the ft line means exactly this.   If the system he plays in, needs him to post up/play inside exclusively and he doesn't get a chance to shoot the mid range , that is his fault??   If he can't shoot it  , so they have him play inside . that's a diff story. Again watch the draft express scouting video.

I like Sabonis a lot with the Dallas pick , or if we can move up with the dal/bos picks.

Trust me when I say this. He won't be there at 16

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:02:54 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 09:15:50 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I didn't watch many college games this year, or really the last several years, so I really look to a players stats to get an idea of what players I might like.  I spent a couple hours today coming up with players and three guys stood out.

First is Buddy Hield.  Statistically the guy is phenomenal.  His size is serviceable, listed at 6-4.  I actually did get to watch five or six Oklahoma games and I didn't find his defense good or bad.  Everyone knows about him though so moving on.

Second, and I'd use the 16th pick or move up a few slots with the second first or a couple seconds on Sabonis.  His fg% was spectacular.  He was a great rebounder.  I watched Gonzaga a few times and he had an extremely high motor.  But people have already been talking about him too, so moving on.

Thirdly, and this would be a second round guy, Kyle Wiltjer.  When you take out small sample sizes, Kyle was the 18th best 3pt% player in the country.  When you add his size however, he is in a league of his own.  Seriously, nobody in the country had his height, 6-10, and his 3pt%,  43.7%.  They say ft% is actually a better indicator of 3pt shooting in the NBA.  I don't know why, but I don't know why a steal is worth 8pts either.  Wiltjer shot almost 86% from the ft line.  Hield was 88%.  Wiltjer was 39th in ft% but again, nobody around him was his height.  The 111th ranked player in ft% was (Nathan Boothe   Toledo   Sr.   6-10   C   82.4).

I am intrigued by (29   Beau Beech   North Florida   Sr.   6-9   G   34   97   229   42.4).   Not just because his 42% was 29th best in the country, or that he shot 78.8% from the line which is acceptable but not great, but because he is listed at 6-9 as a guard.  A guard who shoots over 40% from three.... 6-9.  Now because he is from a small school, I don't necessarily believe he is 6-9 or a guard for that matter, and obviously I haven't seen him play, but if you see him at the combine, keep an eye out for him.

All stats were from ( http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/individual/142/p5 ) which was the only site I saw that listed the players height as well as position. 

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 09:21:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Thirdly, and this would be a second round guy, Kyle Wiltjer

He would be an ok second round pick, I think he is soft, but he has some skills.

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 09:23:42 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

He would be an ok second round pick, I think he is soft, but he has some skills.

Yeah, I obviously watched him with Sabonis and he was Korveresque.  He doesn't have the toughness of Sabonis but his range is way past the line.

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 09:26:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Yeah, I obviously watched him with Sabonis and he was Korveresque.  He doesn't have the toughness of Sabonis but his range is way past the line.

Slower than korver

Tweener, not in a good way

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 09:34:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

So he can score inside, can rebound well, good passer, and has a high motor (these things we agree on). However, you also say he can shoot from deep, he's athletic, and he's a good defender. You combine that with his age (19) and I find it very odd that he's not the consensus 3rd pick overall.

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 09:44:42 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Ingram would be a great add for this team.

I'd also love to replace ET with Nic Batum if we could snag him for decent money. I have feeling he's going to command a crazy price this summer, but it might be worth it. Putting him in small ball lineups next to Crowder and either Smart or Avery could be awesome.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 09:45:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Ingram would be a great add for this team.

I'd also love to replace ET with Nic Batum if we could snag him for decent money. I have feeling he's going to command a crazy price this summer, but it might be worth it. Putting him in small ball lineups next to Crowder and either Smart or Avery could be awesome.

He's staying in Charlotte. Especially if they get to the second round but nonetheless he seems to have found a good home.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I like Hart also
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 01:07:24 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 01:13:06 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Jarrod Uthoff  like a jerebko but mainly sf version??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFS3ur_ygw

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 01:55:38 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Absolutely. But better to look at shooters through trade, not the draft. Sorry Buddy. Sabonas - fine, but I would prefer to trade the pick if it lands 4, 5 or 6. I don't think he slides to 16..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.