Author Topic: Lebron Super team could happen  (Read 4304 times)

Lebron Super team could happen
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:24:36 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Here's the scenario: Clips lose in the first round and Cavs dont' win the title.

Cavs trade Kyire to the Clips for CP3 (and whatever else is needed)

KLove to NYK for Melo (and whatever else is needed)

Lebron opts out, D-wade is a FA and both take discounted deals so that the 'Super team' is formed. Long shot yes, totally impossible? No.

Thoughts?

Re: Lebron Super team could happen
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 05:29:25 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think if it happens, whatever team they all decide to go to they have to change the name of the team to this - Lebron Super team.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:31:07 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Here's the scenario: Clips lose in the first round and Cavs dont' win the title.

Lebron opts out, D-wade is a FA and both take discounted deals so that the 'Super team' is formed. Long shot yes, totally impossible? No.

Thoughts?

Wade isn't leaving Miami to go to Cleveland.

Miami is Wade's 'Cleveland', he's a made man down there.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
If the trades were straight up, which is unlikely the Cavs would have the following roster:

Melo: $24,559,380
CP3: $22,868,827
Frye: 7,806,971
Kaun: $1,333,420
Shumpert: $9,662,922
Thompson: $15,330,435
Williams: $2,194,500

this totals to $82,423,035. I think that leaves $10 million in cap space, but the Cavs could certainly find homes for Fry, Shump, or TT. Freeing up some more cap space.   

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 05:39:31 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
That team would amount to a bunch of fun. ESPN would drool over such a team up.

They would make an individual team page for them - much like their "Heat Index" or whatever it is (or was) called there.

Is that section even active anymore on ESPN?

So, there would be only so much basketball to go around on such a team. Since Magic, Larry, Cousy or any other elite distributor won't be suiting up anytime soon how in heavens would such a team stay happy?

Rondo? lol would he even CONSIDER being the PG of such a team? Please NO, Rajon don't even think about it.

EDIT - forgot about CP3, sorry. But I'm not too sure who would be doing the sacrificing points-wise.

SOMEONE isn't scoring as much in this setup. Who is going to sacrifice?

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 05:46:52 PM »

Offline WBrownTrophy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Thanks Red

They would make an individual team page for them - much like their "Heat Index" or whatever it is (or was) called there.

Is that section even active anymore on ESPN?

Apparently, yes: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat
"The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology."
                                   -Red Auerbach

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 06:54:18 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

Thoughts?

I think they are looking less super every year.   If your talking about them coming here.  This is a complete and utter fantasy.

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 11:17:04 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I don't see us  building our own super team with free agents if that happens.  We couldn't compete with that that way.  All these draft picks would really start to look really necessary where hopefully ainge can build something like those early red auerbach teams to compete. Russell vs Chamberlain sort of thing.

Ainge would have his work cut out for him. It would be the rest of the league vs the harlem globetrotters.

Get really young as Lebron gets old or something.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:44:33 PM by walker834 »

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2016, 08:08:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
If the trades were straight up, which is unlikely the Cavs would have the following roster:

this totals to $82,423,035. I think that leaves $10 million in cap space, but the Cavs could certainly find homes for Fry, Shump, or TT. Freeing up some more cap space.
They don't need to free up any money.  Sign James using Bird rights and Wade signs for the maximum exception (MLE, LLE, Vet Min) that Cleveland has.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2016, 08:38:27 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

They don't need to free up any money.  Sign James using Bird rights and Wade signs for the maximum exception (MLE, LLE, Vet Min) that Cleveland has.
Don't see Wade doing that. Given that Miami are worried how they'll find room to sign Whiteside to the max it seems Wade is looking for another bid payday

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 05:08:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Don't see Wade doing that. Given that Miami are worried how they'll find room to sign Whiteside to the max it seems Wade is looking for another bid payday
Depends on if he wants to play with his friends and be on a true contender again.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 09:49:41 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Fun question.

Win lotto, don't over think it, draft Simmons.
#16 draft Korkmaz
#23 draft+stash Jeanne
#31 draft+stash Cordinier
Other picks trade out. Get some future picks.

Sign Durant, of course
Retain Amir, Jerebko
Trade Mickey, Young, maybe a 2nd rounder for Nikola Mirotic
Re-sign Zeller for 1 year + TO

Put lots of good shooters and roll players around Durant. All of their contracts expire next year, giving you flexibility to sign another max FA and also retain the best performer out of JJ, Mirotic and Olynyk. C's can make a run to the finals next year and have a chance to assemble a dynasty going forward.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 12:00:41 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Thoughts?

I thinks it's quite plausible.

The only thing I see that could go differently is KLove. The Knicks won't want Love with their youth movement. They will need to get a 3rd team involved who 1. Wants Love and 2. Has the young assets and draft picks that the Knicks covet for their youth movement.

Gee, who could that be?

KLove to the Cs could bring Durant.

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 12:10:20 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

Thoughts?

The only thing I see that could go differently is KLove. The Knicks won't want Love with their youth movement. They will need to get a 3rd team involved who 1. Wants Love and 2. Has the young assets and draft picks that the Knicks covet for their youth movement.

Gee, who could that be?

I was thinking of this yesterday too. We want to get these stars in butler, cousins, love, etc, via trade, but we might not have enough assets. If the other team needs more assets we could definitely make a 3 team trade to get stuff done.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 12:22:27 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Thoughts?

Gee, who could that be?

I was thinking of this yesterday too. We want to get these stars in butler, cousins, love, etc, via trade, but we might not have enough assets. If the other team needs more assets we could definitely make a 3 team trade to get stuff done.

TP, Agree. Ainge has put us in a great position to be players as buyers, sellers or facilitators.

I wonder what the Knicks would want. I wonder if KO, Smart and a bunch of picks that aren't Brooklyns (plus either Amir or a S&t'd Turner for ballast) would appeal to them.

They could dump Amir's non-guaranteed salary or use Turner in the triangle.