Author Topic: Kelly, Amir, Boston, Dallas, firsts For Love  (Read 2862 times)

Re: Kelly, Amir, Boston, Dallas, firsts For Love
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 07:27:21 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Cleveland is a now team and is not interested in draft choices until Lebron leaves or retires.

Which may be this summer, given we are talking about LeBron.

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 07:31:38 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Two spare parts and two mediocre draft picks for Love?

Sounds fair.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 09:35:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
unless the Cavs totally flame out I can't see them trading Love and if they do trade Love I think it will be something that nets them a star like a Blake Griffin or Carmelo Anthony.  The proposed trade is certainly not enough.

I actually think the Cavs are more likely to trade Irving than Love.  You know something like Chris Paul for Irving.  Clippers gets a younger PG to pair with Blake and the Cavs get a better more well rounded but much older PG that fits their window with Lebron better.  That would be a trade that would make sense.  Hell then they could trade Love for Anthony and get Wade to take a discount and the four amigos would be together to terrorize the league for a couple of seasons.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 01:45:50 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Would you make this trade. Would The Cavs. If Crowder was the sticking point, tough call. I don't want to give the Cavs are Lebron stopper. Also throw in Young or Hunter their choice and the salaries work.

Are they going to get bet offers than that? We can also throw them #31 and #35.

Cavs say no way.  The Brooklyn pick would have to be included just to Start a discussion....

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The only way I see us landing Love is if Cleveland doesn't win the title and if we do a trade that is kind of like:

Boston gets Love

Cleveland gets Carmelo

New York gets 2016 Brooklyn 1st, 2016 Dallas first, 2018 Brooklyn first, and some young talent to develop like Smart or a package of Rozier and Mickey or Rozier and Hunter

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 02:05:40 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
The only way I see us landing Love is if Cleveland doesn't win the title and if we do a trade that is kind of like:

Boston gets Love

Cleveland gets Carmelo

New York gets 2016 Brooklyn 1st, 2016 Dallas first, 2018 Brooklyn first, and some young talent to develop like Smart or a package of Rozier and Mickey or Rozier and Hunter

There is no way Danny is giving up what is likely a top 4 pick, another lottery pick, a mid-1st and other 1st round talent for Love.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 02:16:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Boston gets Love

Cleveland gets Carmelo

There is no way Danny is giving up what is likely a top 4 pick, another lottery pick, a mid-1st and other 1st round talent for Love.
Maybe not but I am not so sure. He views Love as a superstar so maybe he will.

Regardless, Cleveland will want another star for Love not picks. Cleveland could have kept Wiggins instead of trading him for Love but valued established star talent with experience over youth. There is no way they trade Love for anything but another star level talent, hence the need to get NY and Melo involved. Melo would waive his NTC to play with Lebron. To get Melo of NY, the Knicks will require a wealth of draft picks and youth as they rebuild around Porzingas.

So, really, there is no other way to get such a deal for Love. The proposed deal in the OP is laughable to acquire a player of Love's caliber for Cleveland.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2016, 02:17:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

If Love comes, then Durant signs. We get the fourth pick and Take Buddy Hield. We suddenly have one of the best shooting teams in the league.

Kevin Love
 Durant
 Crowder
 Bradley
 Thomas

With Smart, Buddy, Turner, Jonas, Rozier, FA Big,

Durant wants to play with Love?  Where did you hear that one?

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Boston gets Love

Cleveland gets Carmelo

Regardless, Cleveland will want another star for Love not picks. Cleveland could have kept Wiggins instead of trading him for Love but valued established star talent with experience over youth. There is no way they trade Love for anything but another star level talent, hence the need to get NY and Melo involved. Melo would waive his NTC to play with Lebron. To get Melo of NY, the Knicks will require a wealth of draft picks and youth as they rebuild around Porzingas.

So, really, there is no other way to get such a deal for Love. The proposed deal in the OP is laughable to acquire a player of Love's caliber for Cleveland.

Your deal was no less laughable. Somewhere in the middle would be the right price.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2016, 02:32:22 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
unless the Cavs totally flame out I can't see them trading Love and if they do trade Love I think it will be something that nets them a star like a Blake Griffin or Carmelo Anthony.  The proposed trade is certainly not enough.

I actually think the Cavs are more likely to trade Irving than Love.  You know something like Chris Paul for Irving.  Clippers gets a younger PG to pair with Blake and the Cavs get a better more well rounded but much older PG that fits their window with Lebron better.  That would be a trade that would make sense.  Hell then they could trade Love for Anthony and get Wade to take a discount and the four amigos would be together to terrorize the league for a couple of seasons.

How good would Wade, Anthony, Paul and Lebron be together though? I think Wade's game is going to really decline over the next two years. I also feel like the things that Wade and Anthony are best at (creating their own shots) are pretty redundant with Lebron setting up teammates and a waste of their skills. They also don't really need Paul to get them great looks as someone like Reddick benefits a lot more from that. Not to mention 3 of the 4 are starting to get injured pretty regularly (with only Lebron remaining an iron man).

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2016, 02:48:42 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Would you make this trade. Would The Cavs. If Crowder was the sticking point, tough call. I don't want to give the Cavs are Lebron stopper. Also throw in Young or Hunter their choice and the salaries work.

Are they going to get bet offers than that? We can also throw them #31 and #35.
again, why would the cavs, who are totally 100% into the win now mode, possibly trade love for draft picks who would not contribute for years?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Boston gets Love

Cleveland gets Carmelo

Your deal was no less laughable. Somewhere in the middle would be the right price.
Its actually a very fair deal if the 2016 Nets pick falls outside the top 3. If that pick is a number 1 pick, its an overpay. Given what Cleveland originally gave up for Love, its pretty much right in line, especially if you take into effect that Rozier, Mickey and Hunter probably have little to no value in this league and that the 2018 Nets pick could well be a mid round first by 2018