Author Topic: Kelly, Amir, Boston, Dallas, firsts For Love  (Read 2874 times)

Kelly, Amir, Boston, Dallas, firsts For Love
« on: April 26, 2016, 02:53:08 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Would you make this trade. Would The Cavs. If Crowder was the sticking point, tough call. I don't want to give the Cavs are Lebron stopper. Also throw in Young or Hunter their choice and the salaries work.

Are they going to get bet offers than that? We can also throw them #31 and #35.

Re: Kelly, Amir, Boston, Dallas, firsts For Love
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 02:59:25 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
If you want Love (I want love) you're going to need an at least decent defensive big with him. Johnson would be that guy for us. Otherwise, he's gonna get exposed.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 02:59:36 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

If Love comes, then Durant signs. We get the fourth pick and Take Buddy Hield. We suddenly have one of the best shooting teams in the league.

Kevin Love
 Durant
 Crowder
 Bradley
 Thomas

With Smart, Buddy, Turner, Jonas, Rozier, FA Big,

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 03:01:21 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
If you want Love (I want love) you're going to need an at least decent defensive big with him. Johnson would be that guy for us. Otherwise, he's gonna get exposed.

I here you, I challenge you to tell me who we could get, Amir would have to go to make salaries work.

Mickey?
 Poeltl?
 Trade for Dieng?

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 03:02:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

The thing is I don't care If we got Love and Durant, the following year we have The Nets pick and I'm sure a free agent Center would love to play with Love, Durant, Thomas.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 03:03:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Throwing money at Whiteside is an option, couldn't be max though.

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 03:07:16 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

I here you, I challenge you to tell me who we could get, Amir would have to go to make salaries work.

Mickey?
 Poeltl?
 Trade for Dieng?

That's true. A sign and trade with sully wouldn't be very likely either now would it?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 03:24:32 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
We don't need Love AND Durant. Both of their big draws is scoring and spreading the floor, so our best option would be to convince Durant to play the 4 and use our assets or space to upgrade our 5 position. Boogie would be the best option, but I also am coming around to the idea of maxing out Whiteside or Horford if we can't trade for Boogie.

I'd love to get Boogie without giving up Smart or Crowder (probably only happens if we get the number one pick), because we could even move IT back to the bench to have an absolutely deadly roster with no drop off in scoring from the starters to the bench. If we traded Amir, Kelly, Rozier, 2016 Brooklyn pick, 2016 Dallas pick, and some future pick for Boogie and Collison, imagine this lineup:

PG: Smart, IT
SG: Bradley, Collison, Hunter
SF: Crowder, JJ, Young
PF: Durant, Mickey
C: Cousins, Free Agent (Nene?)/Draft pick/Resign Zeller to cheap deal

Pick up a couple of vet minimum/lower salary guys, and you have a ridiculous two-way starting five with an explosive, high scoring bench.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 03:25:28 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I mean you could just draft Poeltl even though it's usually smarter to go BPA regardless of need.

Poeltl Mickey
 Love Jonas
 Durant Crowder
 Bradley Smart
 Thomas Rozier

That's a pretty sick team right there just add one more legit big.

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 03:37:25 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I think we're much more likely to get Butler in a package involving a lot of those assets and I'd rather have him anyway

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 04:22:39 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
AS others have said, we need a scorer at the 4 (could be a 3 that we move to the 4) and some D at the 5 and maybe more scoring there too.

4s- KD, Love
5s- DMC, Howard, Whiteside, Horford

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 04:35:38 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
If Love continues to play as well as he has been since the playoffs started, he's not going anywhere. That's the bottom line.

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 04:54:15 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I'd like to get KEvin Love.  As far as skilled offensive big men in the NBA right now he is it.  I don't want to be a team like the cavs though.  Our forte is that we move the ball and don't rely on isolation basketball so much if at all.

With Paul and Curry out Lebron may get his title in cleveland and love may bolt and durant ends up here in some pipedream world but why would cleveland just hand us that?  To give them another option to build around Lebron and Kyrie?  I am not a fan of either of those guys.  They would drive me insane.  Klove feels the same way?

Right now we basically have isaiah and Crowder and a bunch of other guys and don't rely on that style of play.  We lack a really good big man as well but go with a  mix of guys.

If Ainge could turn that into Isaiah, Durant and Love that's good but I'll believe it when I see it. That's a whole lot of offense though and we'd have to rely on our other guys for D. Like Smart, Crowder, Amir etc..

Is this what the NBA has come to where players like Lejerk are such jerks that players can't stand to be around him for longer than 3 years at a time, and teams like us are just waiting for the pieces to fall off?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 07:44:04 AM by walker834 »

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 06:29:55 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

If Love comes, then Durant signs. We get the fourth pick and Take Buddy Hield. We suddenly have one of the best shooting teams in the league.

Kevin Love
 Durant
 Crowder
 Bradley
 Thomas

With Smart, Buddy, Turner, Jonas, Rozier, FA Big,

There really is no scenario where the Brooklyn pick is not involved in a trade for a star. Whether it be Love, Cousins, Butler, whoever, the talks start with that pick. It is the centrepiece. It's the best chip that we would actively trade. Better than Smart, better than Crowder, second only to IT.

I like Love but as some have said you would need a mobile defensive big alongside him. The problem is without a third team I don't think we can give the Cavs what they want and we end up compromising what we need in order to get Love. He might cost less than Cousins for example, but the holes it leaves in teh team are greater if that makes sense?

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2016, 07:11:36 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Cleveland is a now team and is not interested in draft choices until Lebron leaves or retires.