Author Topic: Is This Enough for Jimmy Butler?  (Read 4657 times)

Re: Is This Enough for Jimmy Butler?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 06:11:20 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
NOPE.  This year's Nets pick would have to be included.  Plus from what I hear Crowder would need to be included plus other assets.

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 06:20:35 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Trading '17 would be a mistake, that draft is going to be tight.  I'd trade BK if it's 3 or later for him, though.
I agree I wouldn't trade that pick unless I'm getting Boogie. Next year's top 3 is stacked and Brooklyn is headed towards despair again next year. An opportunity to land Markelle Fultz, Jayson Tatum, and Josh Jackson?? Sign me up!!

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Trading '17 would be a mistake, that draft is going to be tight.  I'd trade BK if it's 3 or later for him, though.
I agree I wouldn't trade that pick unless I'm getting Boogie. Next year's top 3 is stacked and Brooklyn is headed towards despair again next year. An opportunity to land Markelle Fultz, Jayson Tatum, and Josh Jackson?? Sign me up!!

Yeah, right now it's looking like a strong class. Giles in particular looks legit - he is quite an athlete

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2016, 06:59:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
NOPE.  This year's Nets pick would have to be included.  Plus from what I hear Crowder would need to be included plus other assets.
The Celtics already balked on including Crowder in a Butler deal at the deadline, so I guess that's a no.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2016, 07:05:36 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
The Celtics already balked on including Crowder in a Butler deal at the deadline, so I guess that's a no.

If Danny heard from durant people that KD would come if we had Butler, then Danny better get it going.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 07:11:32 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

If Danny heard from durant people that KD would come if we had Butler, then Danny better get it going.
Yeah, Mannix said so so it must be true.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I believe that AB, Crowder, 16th pick, and 31st pick is an okay deal for Butler. But you always have to overpay. Also think that is too far from the direction they are going if they move Butler. Have to believe they would be in rebuild mode and want 2016 Nets pick, Smart, and Crowder. Maybe there is something closer to fair value if team goes a different route else where. Don't feel Bulls are the right trade partner.

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Why would Chicago trade him for a pile of picks and average talent? Butler is a two way stud. He hastily ask out for anything to happen.You pray you get a guy like him with just one of those picks but it's less than likely. Plus you have to have the best offer. We simply don't have the talent. Thomas is head and shoulders above any other player we have. Start with him? If that's the direction the celts want to go and Butler makes it clear he wants out and we might have a chance.

Chicago is in transition.  Need to build around Rose or build around Butler.  I'm actually surprised they aren't making DRose available. Butler is a stud, but where does he rank in terms of impact superstars.  How much is too much?
I think that Ainge has other fish he's baiting the hook for.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2016, 01:34:51 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Butler is legit. Butler will only get better.

Nets #1 and any other player not named Thomas

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2016, 03:34:09 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Why would Chicago trade him for a pile of picks and average talent? Butler is a two way stud. He hastily ask out for anything to happen.You pray you get a guy like him with just one of those picks but it's less than likely. Plus you have to have the best offer. We simply don't have the talent. Thomas is head and shoulders above any other player we have. Start with him? If that's the direction the celts want to go and Butler makes it clear he wants out and we might have a chance.

Chicago is in transition.  Need to build around Rose or build around Butler.  I'm actually surprised they aren't making DRose available. Butler is a stud, but where does he rank in terms of impact superstars.  How much is too much?
I think that Ainge has other fish he's baiting the hook for.
I think in today's NBA a team is happy with having one star to market. I think that means they want to keep one. But absolutely want to build through draft. Porzingis and Melo situation. Or KG and the pups. It's still a buisness. No one will take on Rose so Butler is the likely trade candidate. Rose and the young bulls.

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2016, 03:57:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I don' how much of a real world chance it has actually happening ...I can see KD looking hard at a Celtics,team that has Bulter signed .   

I d trade Crowder for Bulter in a deal.

Smart is a future star. ......one of the tuffest guards in the NBA.   

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 07:38:28 PM »

Online Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
I don't blame Danny for not wanting to give up Crowder. He's a modern stretch 4 and pairing him with Butler could be devestating.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
a bit of a bump, but this topic came up on SoSH earlier today. it is only a notch above CROTOR level perhaps, but SoSH is usually pretty stern with each other on rumors and some of them do have connections with sports writers and the the celtics.

they are rediscussing the rumor about ainge targeting a player and the other team backing out. according to SoSH that player was NOT okafer, but was butler. see below.
_________

ElcaballitoMVP said: ↑
I had some inside info from a Boston sports reporter that matched up with what bowiac has posted and we PM'd to confirm stories. Butler was one of the targets and one I also expect to be revisited on draft day.

The lowball offer was reportedly for Love (saw that on RealGM). I didn't see that we lowballed an offer for Butler, although since a deal didn't get made maybe the Bulls thought so
The comment I remember was that Ainge's offer for Butler included no starters and no Brooklyn picks, and that the Bulls considered it a lowball offer.

#873Sprowl, Today at 11:57 AM

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/celtics-draft-pick-watch-2016.11764/page-18
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2016, 04:30:46 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
a bit of a bump, but this topic came up on SoSH earlier today. it is only a notch above CROTOR level perhaps, but SoSH is usually pretty stern with each other on rumors and some of them do have connections with sports writers and the the celtics.

they are rediscussing the rumor about ainge targeting a player and the other team backing out. according to SoSH that player was NOT okafer, but was butler. see below.
_________

I had some inside info from a Boston sports reporter that matched up with what bowiac has posted and we PM'd to confirm stories. Butler was one of the targets and one I also expect to be revisited on draft day.

The lowball offer was reportedly for Love (saw that on RealGM). I didn't see that we lowballed an offer for Butler, although since a deal didn't get made maybe the Bulls thought so
The comment I remember was that Ainge's offer for Butler included no starters and no Brooklyn picks, and that the Bulls considered it a lowball offer.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?threads/celtics-draft-pick-watch-2016.11764/page-18

Okay, I have to know the context of the nickname used for DeMar DeRozan in post #857 of the linked thread.  A TP to anyone who can explain.

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

_________

Okay, I have to know the context of the nickname used for DeMar DeRozan in post #857 of the linked thread.  A TP to anyone who can explain.

I was pretty sure Larbrd proved and other posters had confirmed beyond reasonable doubt it was for Okafor. Something like 20 pages of hard evidence.