Author Topic: One of my many predictions for this offseason...(includes 3 team trade scenario)  (Read 1393 times)

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I can see it now....

"With the 8th pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings select _______, PG out of _________  __  ________ !"

**Insert Kris Dunn or Jamal Murray** (if they make it to the 8th pick)

Fast forward to free agency...

"Rajon Rondo has indicated that he will not be re-signing with the Sacramento Kings"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Rondo out the door because Vlade Divac decided to draft a PG, DeMarcus Cousins grows angry and expresses his displeasure...

Chris Broussard On SportsCenter: "I'm hearing that DeMarcus Cousins is fed up with the Sacramento Kings organization. He's expressed displeasure for them letting Raaaaajon Rondo walk in free agency, and has indicated he wouldn't be opposed to being traded" (ACCORDING TO HIS MULTIPLE SAUCES)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enter Danny Ainge...

Having used his lottery pick on _____, he is now ready to put together a generous package to land Cousins. He knows his buddy Ryan McDonough is ready to either trade Eric Bledsoe or Brandon Knight.

He begins trade talks with both teams. Here is the beginning framework of his trade idea:

TO BOS: Cousins

TO PHX: Smart, Olynyk, pick(s)

TO SAC: Bledsoe, 2016 BKN draftee, at least 2 of our rookies (Rozier, Hunter, Mickey)+ James Young, multiple 1st and 2nd round picks

After days of discussion BOS, PHX, & SAC have agreed to a deal...

***INSERT YOUR OWN DEAL OR ADD TO THE FRAMEWORK***

What do you think would make this 3 team deal work for all teams?? Thoughts??
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:43:04 PM by Redz »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
TP for the entire Broussard part. That made me literally laugh out loud. Perfect representation of him

As far as this trade...

Not sure if Phoenix is getting a great return. They'd probably want more.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
TP for the entire Broussard part. That made me literally laugh out loud. Perfect representation of him

As far as this trade...

that's more than enough for Phx even without the picks.  Bledsoe has missed the season and Knight has just returned and while he helped Phx pass Brooklyn in the standings, he doesn't move the needle much.

The question is exactly how many picks are we giving up in this deal?  We've given up 4 young players, the best pick we've had in since trading #5 for Ray (and possibly better), and who knows how many other picks. 
While I would expect us to be better with Cousins, he's not enough to make us a great team --> Sac is a shining example of that.   I don't want to strip us of most of our picks and have to rely on free agency to fill out the roster.   I don't think there's anyone we could sign this offseason that would make us appreciably better (because I can't see Horford thinking we're a better team than Atlanta right now).  Getting Cousins doesn't solve our shooting woes and dumping KO hurts our ability to open the floor even more.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd rather trade for Cousins and then sign Rondo as opposed to trading for Bledsoe or Knight.

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday

As far as this trade...

that's more than enough for Phx even without the picks.  Bledsoe has missed the season and Knight has just returned and while he helped Phx pass Brooklyn in the standings, he doesn't move the needle much.

The question is exactly how many picks are we giving up in this deal?  We've given up 4 young players, the best pick we've had in since trading #5 for Ray (and possibly better), and who knows how many other picks. 
While I would expect us to be better with Cousins, he's not enough to make us a great team --> Sac is a shining example of that.   I don't want to strip us of most of our picks and have to rely on free agency to fill out the roster.   I don't think there's anyone we could sign this offseason that would make us appreciably better (because I can't see Horford thinking we're a better team than Atlanta right now).  Getting Cousins doesn't solve our shooting woes and dumping KO hurts our ability to open the floor even more.

Cousins is only one piece to the puzzle (hopefully KD is another piece). We'd still have assets left over to make moves in the future. As far as the shooting woes go, we need to upgrade our shooting regardless of if we keep KO or not. There are a few shooters out there we could go after (Ryan Anderson?). Cousins can shoot 3's too.

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
I'd rather trade for Cousins and then sign Rondo as opposed to trading for Bledsoe or Knight.

Not sure what you mean...? SAC is the team that would be getting Bledsoe or Knight. We are just helping SAC get what the want so they give us Cousins.