Author Topic: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....  (Read 9828 times)

Re: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2016, 10:34:32 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
And tonight cemented it . See ya Sully, Zeller and Turner . KO is trade bait, if he has any value left .

Lol you can predict the future !

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2016, 10:39:14 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Nah, man. We need to keep Evan Turner.

I take his up and down as well as him embracing a 6th man role. He's perfect for this system.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2016, 10:41:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Nah, man. We need to keep Evan Turner.

I take his up and down as well as him embracing a 6th man role. He's perfect for this system.

you gotta be kidding me , he makes way too many turnovers to count on him on a regular basis . Also his lack of range really hurts this team . He has been solid over the course of the season, but no way am I investing long term money in turner unless he takes a 5 mil per contract again.

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2016, 10:51:58 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Only one I want gone is Sullinger. But I think Zeller will be gone too.

Olynyk is still under contract and I hope we resign Turner. He's been solid allseason. a couple playoff games dont take away an impressive season.

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2016, 10:53:44 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I love how this board apparently treats all injuried players as if they just got worse at basketball.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:54 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I love how this board apparently treats all injuried players as if they just got worse at basketball.

KO was the only one , and he is soft to begin with . He can help at times , but is way to passive .

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2016, 10:57:37 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

KO was the only one , and he is soft to begin with . He can help at times , but is way to passive .

He had a really good year.  He became a legitimate three point shooter and the best on the team.  You have short term memory if you think otherwise.  The team was just better when he played.

Applies to Crowder as well.

People are making these really short term judgements about the whole year.  But that's these forums so why be surprised.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2016, 11:02:03 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
I would keep Zeller---but ONLY if we're going to let him play....This season was not fair at all to him...Riding the bench most of the first half of the season---after his play last season earned him some minutes...I'm sick of this Small Ball garbage.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2016, 11:08:16 PM »

Offline myselfonline

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12

He had a really good year.  He became a legitimate three point shooter and the best on the team.  You have short term memory if you think otherwise.  The team was just better when he played.

People are making these really short term judgements about the whole year.  But that's these forums so why be surprised.

I don't think people on this board understand the value of KO. He is soft, but his ability to stretch the floor and make plays is so valuable. Commentators speak on it almost every time the C's are on national TV.

This guy is injured, plays 10 minutes or less in the games he's played, yet his softness is the reason why we lost this series.

Personally, the team's offensive struggles this series has showed me his value to this team (as it is currently constructed).

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40

I don't think people on this board understand the value of KO. He is soft, but his ability to stretch the floor and make plays is so valuable. Commentators speak on it almost every time the C's are on national TV.

This guy is injured, plays 10 minutes or less in the games he's played, yet his softness is the reason why we lost this series.

Personally, the team's offensive struggles this series has showed me his value to this team (as it is currently constructed).

true that
what he lacks in rebounding ability and aggressive
he makes up with 3P shooting
especially on our team that seriously lacks 3P shooters to stretch our offense
plus he can solidly create his own shots

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2016, 11:14:47 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Agreed about KO, he is soft, but he's still a good player. I'm fine with keeping him. Also, and I know this is unpopular considering his second straight no-show in the post-season, but I'd also be fine with keeping Sully AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Which should be low considering how out of shape and terrible he played. But I won't disagree with anyone who thinks otherwise.

As for Zeller and Turner. Ha, I honestly can't say enough how glad I'll be to see those two gone. Can't wait honestly. Hope NY overpays for Turner and Zeller can go play for a team I can't pronounce.

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2016, 11:15:39 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
All that KO's shooting prowess is useless if he doesn't grow a pair. He's not finishing strong on contact and very hesitant when the pressure is on him. He already disappeared in the post season, two times in a row now. If he is not shooting effectively, he is useless. Trade him.

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2016, 11:19:00 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm fine with Turner, I'm ready to part with Sully though. Turner is VERY good on the bench.

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2016, 11:21:28 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Sully is an insult to every other player who works out in the off season. He doesn't deserve a job in the league. He let us down. He's a disgrace. We can't give Stevens the chance to play him. He's gotta go.

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2016, 11:22:01 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
We lost to a more talented team.  Losing Avery Bradley made our job that much tougher.  Even with AB I honestly don't think we win this series. 

To start dumping guys based on their play in this 6 game series would be reactionary and short sighted.  I don't expect Danny will be making any harsh judgements here.  My feelings on the names mentioned as going are as follows and are not based on how they performed in this series.

Sully:  I'm ready to move on.  He's never going to get in the shape we need him to get in.  If someone wants to throw stupid money at him then good luck to them.

Turner:  He's a great guy off the bench and one of the better 6th men in the league.  I've posted earlier in this thread about his versatility.  I want them to keep ET.

Zeller:  He's okay but kind of soft.  Not the end of the world if he walks.

KO:  Kelly's hasn't been the same since DeAndre messed up his shoulder.  He needs to get healthy in the off season.  We should keep KO.