Author Topic: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....  (Read 9895 times)

Re: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2016, 03:09:59 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Aside from being a top six pick, why is Marcus automatically included in the "keep" side?  He is a terrible offensive player.  Arguably the worst in the nba. 

I appreciate his defense but it isn't great either. Avery is better.  Either way, I'm not going to automatically put him in the long term plans.

Smart is a very good defender.  But he isn't on the level that fans try to put him in.  Very first play Teague put him on a yo yo.  He does well team wise but he can be attacked just like most other guys.

But really, even if he's as good as people think, the value is very very limited for that kind of guy.  Would rather have a guy that can score 25 every night or run a team.  Smart can't do either.

come on, now. smart has serious flaws on offense - flaws which could be corrected. but his defense?

he's been doing things these last couple games i've never seen before, and i've been watching closely for 20 years. he absolutely dominates this game physically, he's like a linebacker who can dribble. his anticipation and toughness are unreal. give the guy his due, he could be transcendent on that end, and with some efficient offensive players around him (which he does NOT have right now), this team could go far.

TP Kraid.
He's the best defender on our team. If he starts next season and plays 60+ games there's a pretty good chance he'll make the all defensive first team.
Avery Bradley was voted 6th overall and the number one defensive guard, and Marcus is a better defender than Avery.

Marcus Smart is a gamechanger defensively.
He makes huge plays at the most crucial times and they often go unnoticed or are underrated.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 01:28:30 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Aside from being a top six pick, why is Marcus automatically included in the "keep" side?  He is a terrible offensive player.  Arguably the worst in the nba. 

I appreciate his defense but it isn't great either.  Avery is better.  Either way, I'm not going to automatically put him in the long term plans.
Did you see game 1 of this series? The Biggest Game of the year. Who stepped up and hit shots. Marcus. He is winner who shot is getting better by the minute. I think Next Year he will be there and then beyond.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 01:48:51 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I would still resign Sully and Turner for the right money, but they are both playing very subpar so far against the Hawks. Sully is getting killed down there against the Hawks' big men. Should help us in the summer with regard to his value though.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I would still resign Sully and Turner for the right money, but they are both playing very subpar so far against the Hawks. Sully is getting killed down there against the Hawks' big men. Should help us in the summer with regard to his value though.

Why would you want to sign players that have already hit their ceiling ? At least AB and Crowder had room to grow when they were signed . At this point we know what they are(Sully and Turner) ,which is 7th/8th men on a legit playoff team .

No way in hell I am investing long term money on a player who can't even get in shape when it's a contract year . He looks horrible , probably the most over weight player in the league . How can anyone defend that body of his . It's not just genetics , it has to be what he is putting in his body . He clearly doesn't care, much like Pablo Sandavol, and we saw how well that has worked out for the Red Sox .

See ya Sully

If Turner want to come back on a 5 mil contract fine, but I wouldn't give 10 mil to him .

If we are going to sign players to short term 10mil + per contracts, I would much rather spend it on guys like Noah or Pau Gasol , Deng,Batum types , even if they go up to 15 mil for a short 1 or 2 year deal.

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2016, 02:24:57 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think we would keep Turner. He fits the 2nd unit very nicely and at times of injuries, he slides into the first unit as well. I think earlier in the year when he was named "Evan Turnover", he was forcing a lot on offense and gambling on defense. Since then, he has been very stable. Making the right moves, offense first before passing. This more or less made him more efficient. I do believe this is the work of Stevens. I remember last year everyone wanted him gone. This year he changed my view of him.

Actually, a lot of players has improved and noticeable too.

AB never really was a good passer nor a good ball handler very early in his career, even last year he was meh...This year he made significant progress that we can definitely see in his game

Crowder has noticeably become a better player overall this year compare to last year. 

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2016, 02:59:56 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

Why would you want to sign players that have already hit their ceiling ? At least AB and Crowder had room to grow when they were signed . At this point we know what they are(Sully and Turner) ,which is 7th/8th men on a legit playoff team .

No way in hell I am investing long term money on a player who can't even get in shape when it's a contract year . He looks horrible , probably the most over weight player in the league . How can anyone defend that body of his . It's not just genetics , it has to be what he is putting in his body . He clearly doesn't care, much like Pablo Sandavol, and we saw how well that has worked out for the Red Sox .

See ya Sully

If Turner want to come back on a 5 mil contract fine, but I wouldn't give 10 mil to him .

If we are going to sign players to short term 10mil + per contracts, I would much rather spend it on guys like Noah or Pau Gasol , Deng,Batum types , even if they go up to 15 mil for a short 1 or 2 year deal.
I would re-sign them, because I think that Sully and Turner could be nice options to have as a 7th and 8th man off the bench. No way I would resign Sully if he were to start again next season. And I agree, Turner is not even close to being worth 10 million.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

I appreciate his defense but it isn't great either. Avery is better.  Either way, I'm not going to automatically put him in the long term plans.

Smart is a very good defender.  But he isn't on the level that fans try to put him in.  Very first play Teague put him on a yo yo.  He does well team wise but he can be attacked just like most other guys.

But really, even if he's as good as people think, the value is very very limited for that kind of guy.  Would rather have a guy that can score 25 every night or run a team.  Smart can't do either.

come on, now. smart has serious flaws on offense - flaws which could be corrected. but his defense?

he's been doing things these last couple games i've never seen before, and i've been watching closely for 20 years. he absolutely dominates this game physically, he's like a linebacker who can dribble. his anticipation and toughness are unreal. give the guy his due, he could be transcendent on that end, and with some efficient offensive players around him (which he does NOT have right now), this team could go far.

TP Kraid.
He's the best defender on our team. If he starts next season and plays 60+ games there's a pretty good chance he'll make the all defensive first team.
Avery Bradley was voted 6th overall and the number one defensive guard, and Marcus is a better defender than Avery.

He makes huge plays at the most crucial times and they often go unnoticed or are underrated.

Marcus is not as good a defender as Avery Bradley. Bradley disrupts the flow of the other team's offense. Smart can't do that. Smart is amazing in the paint, possibly as good as any guard I've ever seen, but he isn't so great at containing the better point guards or pressuring the ball, and that is more important at that particular position.

« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2016, 03:42:56 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376

Smart is arguably the worst shooter in the NBA.  Since he does other good stuff on the offensive board - decent playmaker and offensive rebounder - I'd argue that he's not the worst in the NBA.  It's not like he's only a spot-up shooter who can't shoot ... like James Young.

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2016, 04:09:47 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Calling Smart a given to "keep" is just silly. Any GM calls up and asks for one of Smart, Bradley or Crowder for one of his players Ainge likes, and Danny would trade Marcus everyday and twice on Sunday.

I just hope he can score 20 in each of his next two games to boost his trade value this summer. That "he's tough" or "gritty" or " has those intangibles" or "a winner" only matters far more to fans than front offices.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2016, 06:46:51 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Turner can stay. We need guys who can score and he can do that.

You need shooters who can create thier own shot at the end of games, see game 1. Turner is not that guy

uhhh dude turner can create his own shot, it's just not falling right now. big difference.

Shooters don't disappear in big games. Allen never did and neither did Bird.
Turner is a bench player at best. The entire Celtics makeup is bench players.

Making these players out to be something there not is why your down 0 2 and 11 16 vs playoff teams

Are you kidding?

Ray Allen had a TON of big games where he disappeared.  He went for month long stretches where he couldn't biy a bucket.

Did you actually watch those games???

Comparing Allen a Hall of Famer to Turner is beyond ridiculous.. Quit drinking the Danny boy Kool-Aid!

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2016, 08:08:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Trade em all plus nets pick for Paul George

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2016, 09:53:48 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

TP Kraid.

The problem is the game is now played out at the 3 point line and Marcus is not a good shooter. So if you have a guard that can't shoot you need bigs that can and right now we only have 1 that plays 15 mpg that can stretch the defense.

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:17 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Bump Bump Bumpity Bump

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2016, 11:15:03 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Trade everyone.  8) 8) 8)

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2016, 10:33:27 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
And tonight cemented it . See ya Sully, Zeller and Turner . KO is trade bait, if he has any value left .