Author Topic: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....  (Read 9905 times)

Re: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 11:22:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Olynyk is done. he's sawft, inconsistent and just plain a waste of time at this point. I have a feeling he's hurt and not injured. if he plays the next game then i'll believe that to be so.

are you serious??  where have you been this year

Look at his def rating, 3 pt shooting, passing.   

He is a unique big man and a part of this team for the long run

Crowder, AB, KO are "safe" imo (even though not stars, hard to find these kind of role players) .   IT for the most part is safe too + friendly contract. Same can be said about Smart.    BUT if danny can get a Paul or RW type PG talent  , he won't hesitate to trade one or both (especially if we get swept and a nice opportunity comes along)

But look at crowder for example. He wouldn't trade him for Butler. He is that valuable but is not a star

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 11:28:46 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Olynyk should've been getting 30 plus mins a game. He's an asset you can develop. Sullinger is not. To me it's assimilate as that. Whether we keep him or not he's the big man with the most upside and would be attractive in a package deal. Didn't happen though. Instead we went with the fat guy .

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 11:36:00 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Tanking should've started in November, not April.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 11:38:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Olynyk should've been getting 30 plus mins a game. He's an asset you can develop. Sullinger is not. To me it's assimilate as that. Whether we keep him or not he's the big man with the most upside and would be attractive in a package deal. Didn't happen though. Instead we went with the fat guy .

Sullinger is the undersized "center" for this team.   You can tell CBS would like a legit center + strength and IQ . But has to settle with Sully bc , well we don't have anyone better

Even if we sign Horford, I can see sully brought back.    He would be a really good frontcourt player off the bench , if that was purely his role

But the key will be how much will he want for his next contract.   

Amir is also a patch. Not a real center not a real PF. But an athletic frontcourt player that could give us a chance against elite big players

right now vs the hawks horford and milsapp are kiling both.   It's painful to watch. 

IF KO was healthy, he would cause more issues for atl two bigs. Make them uncomfortable and open up the lane in the offensive end for IT to operate.  Not the case right now and KO can't make a three with his injury

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 11:40:40 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Turner can stay. We need guys who can score and he can do that.

You need shooters who can create thier own shot at the end of games, see game 1. Turner is not that guy

uhhh dude turner can create his own shot, it's just not falling right now. big difference.

Shooters don't disappear in big games. Allen never did and neither did Bird.
Turner is a bench player at best. The entire Celtics makeup is bench players.

Making these players out to be something there not is why your down 0 2 and 11 16 vs playoff teams

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 11:43:31 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Im highly disappointed with KO. He really sat out a game with a "Tweaked Shoulder" come on now...everyone is injured. Next game Marcus is going to play with busted ribs, IT has been playing with a busted wrist for months now, Jae's ankle is still injured. Sully has gravity going against him. Everyone has their issues and they are out there giving it their all. 

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 11:46:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You need shooters who can create thier own shot at the end of games, see game 1. Turner is not that guy

uhhh dude turner can create his own shot, it's just not falling right now. big difference.

Making these players out to be something there not is why your down 0 2 and 11 16 vs playoff teams

Celtics have 2 top end bench units really.  And now Bud is taking adv/exposing the weaknesses

We need AB and KO real bad now. Whatever the case is, I just hope the fans help us win the 1st quarter, and win one ,hopefully ,2 playoff games.

Bad luck to face the Cavs last season and Hawks this season.  Pretty much both top 3 out of the east and top 5- 7 in the nba

« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2016, 11:51:56 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Aside from being a top six pick, why is Marcus automatically included in the "keep" side?  He is a terrible offensive player.  Arguably the worst in the nba. 

I appreciate his defense but it isn't great either.  Avery is better.  Either way, I'm not going to automatically put him in the long term plans.

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 12:32:50 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Aside from being a top six pick, why is Marcus automatically included in the "keep" side?  He is a terrible offensive player.  Arguably the worst in the nba. 

I appreciate his defense but it isn't great either. Avery is better.  Either way, I'm not going to automatically put him in the long term plans.

« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 01:19:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
They'll certainly attempt to keep Turner. They won't trade KO either, KO made big strides this year on the defensive end and on his overall game/confidence.

Sully they'll try to keep for value but he'll probably go where the money is, and we'd rather spend the money elsewhere- he's been lackluster in these two games so far.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 01:35:01 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
KO is killing me right now. Thought he'd have a good series. Team just played lethargic. Scrappiness vanished. Amir played hard.
Scrappy doesn't look like scrappy when it is unsuccessful. Missing AB is a major reason for that.

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2016, 01:36:39 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
KO is killing me right now. Thought he'd have a good series. Team just played lethargic. Scrappiness vanished. Amir played hard.
Scrappy doesn't look like scrappy when it is unsuccessful. Missing AB is a major reason for that.

Scrappy just doesn't cut it when you need talent.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2016, 01:43:22 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Are you kidding?

Ray Allen had a TON of big games where he disappeared.  He went for month long stretches where he couldn't biy a bucket.

Did you actually watch those games???

« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2016, 01:46:51 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I appreciate his defense but it isn't great either. Avery is better.  Either way, I'm not going to automatically put him in the long term plans.

Smart is a very good defender.  But he isn't on the level that fans try to put him in.  Very first play Teague put him on a yo yo.  He does well team wise but he can be attacked just like most other guys.

But really, even if he's as good as people think, the value is very very limited for that kind of guy.  Would rather have a guy that can score 25 every night or run a team.  Smart can't do either.

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2016, 02:56:45 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2485

Smart is a very good defender.  But he isn't on the level that fans try to put him in.  Very first play Teague put him on a yo yo.  He does well team wise but he can be attacked just like most other guys.

But really, even if he's as good as people think, the value is very very limited for that kind of guy.  Would rather have a guy that can score 25 every night or run a team.  Smart can't do either.

come on, now. smart has serious flaws on offense - flaws which could be corrected. but his defense?

he's been doing things these last couple games i've never seen before, and i've been watching closely for 20 years. he absolutely dominates this game physically, he's like a linebacker who can dribble. his anticipation and toughness are unreal. give the guy his due, he could be transcendent on that end, and with some efficient offensive players around him (which he does NOT have right now), this team could go far.