Author Topic: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....  (Read 9904 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Core should be IT, AB, Crowder, Smart , top 5 pick, 2 max free agents .

Of course any of IT,AB,Crowder Smart can be traded for the right return, but they fit in much better around 2 other max players , and a top 5 pick .

Sully is a fat disgrace
Turner is just to up and down , can't shoot .
Zeller is as soft as they come .

KO might be on this list to if he can't play through pain . Brad even said yesterday that unless KO's arm is falling off, he should be out there playing through pain

Re: Bye Bye Sully , So long Turner, get lost Zeller , Maybe KO too....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:34:30 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I think they're going to pay Turner and it's the right move.  Sully and Zeller have 2 more games left in a Celtics jersey.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 09:35:54 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Turner can stay. We need guys who can score and he can do that.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 09:36:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I think they're going to pay Turner and it's the right move.  Sully and Zeller have 2 more games left in a Celtics jersey.

No way they are paying turner if they have the chance to acquire 2 legit max free agents either through trade of FA

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 09:36:34 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
KO is killing me right now. Thought he'd have a good series. Team just played lethargic. Scrappiness vanished. Amir played hard.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 09:37:32 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
Agree on Sully & Zeller but not Turner.  We definitely should re-sign him.  He was one of the few guys who played well tonight too.

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 09:39:16 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Agree on Sully & Zeller but not Turner.  We definitely should re-sign him.  He was one of the few guys who played well tonight too.
his game is very predictable and limited , why tie up money in Turner long term, he is a 7th/ 8th man on a contender .

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 09:48:11 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
his game is very predictable and limited , why tie up money in Turner long term, he is a 7th/ 8th man on a contender .
So you pay him like a 7th, 8th man. If he get better offers he can go.

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 09:49:34 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

Of course any of IT,AB,Crowder Smart can be traded for the right return, but they fit in much better around 2 other max players , and a top 5 pick .

Sully is a fat disgrace

KO might be on this list to if he can't play through pain . Brad even said yesterday that unless KO's arm is falling off, he should be out there playing through pain

I think Crowder is the only keeper based on the idea if you bring in another SF they could play together. IT, AB and Smart should all be trade bait to upgrade.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm good with KO.

Sully, Zeller, and Turner, yeah, upgrade those spots or just let them go and allow young players to audition for a bigger role.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 09:52:18 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41

I think he's very dependable and versatile.  He can play the point, small forward and shooting guard.  If it's not crazy money then he gets re-signed.  If someone throws $10mm at him he goes. 

BTW...he was voted 5th in 6th man of the year voting so he's recognized around the league for his ability. 

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Sully is a fat disgrace

If we can't sign two max free agents (which is what I expect), then I think that changes what our plan is.

I think Turner should be back unless we can sign those two free agents you mentioned. I could even see Sullinger coming back on a one year deal with a team option for next year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:12 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Sullinger is such a frustrating case. You would think that playing for a contract he would have a career year highlighted by an improvement in body recomposition. Instead, we've seen him become heavier and less mobile as the season has gone on. So rare for a player who receives considerable playing time, a starter no less, to get in worse shape throughout the year. He literally has no lift and has become more of a liability defending on the perimeter. You have to think he's cost himself millions and teams have to be petrified on what he'll look like after he gets a payday and as he gets older and his metabolic rate worsens. 

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:58 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
The thing with Turner is that he really can't play with Amir, Zeller, Smart, and Sully because they get no spacing.  Especially if Crowder is stinking it up like he has been from the three point line.  The paint is just too clogged.

Now if we can put shooters out there with him at the four and five, it makes up for his lack of being a 3pt threat, and he has some room to work with.

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 09:58:59 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

I think he's very dependable and versatile.  He can play the point, small forward and shooting guard.  If it's not crazy money then he gets re-signed.  If someone throws $10mm at him he goes. 

The Celtics are going to sign him for 4 years at more than $10 mil a year.  His ability to score in the half court shooting something other an the 3 is a valuable skill that they won't let walk.  Plus he's entering his prime.